Author Topic: What's your next buy?  (Read 106761 times)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: What's your next buy?
« Reply #210 on: November 05, 2013, 04:50:36 pm »
you can go to germany and buy it without any permit - just be 18  8)
but for the pouder you gotta do a lot of shit

I'm inclined to make some shitty comment related to the grotesque fear of Nationalism harbored by the German people, but I won't. For now.

Got it, better join a reenacting group first and inquire about what to get from them.

If you need any help, or just some links to some sites, I'm here to help.

Meer Nederlandse Re-enactors! MEER ZEG IK JE!

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #211 on: November 05, 2013, 05:07:10 pm »
Without a permit here, you still can't use it. And no, they aren't any more or less expensive then here.

Roger
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #212 on: November 05, 2013, 09:34:30 pm »
Yeah I feel dirty with a beard and 3 months of head hair growth and a proper M43 put together. Although it's my off season and I wanted to see where my beard was coming along. ;) I've got that dirty U-boot look.

Nothing but proper routine haircuts and shaving when I get back to the East Coast and reenacting.

For those people who aren't signed up for the Hessen Antique newsletter (which I recommend) there's a lot of stuff on clearance and free shipping on some items going on right now for inventory purposes.
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • This blamed fight aint got a rear
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 06, 2013, 02:46:34 am »
Landrik grow that beard out a bit and wear a captain cap. I got a feeling you will look like the Captain in Das Boot.

Just bought a new Haversack today from Missouri Boot and Shoe. Harrison Wiley Haversack, a soldier for Illinois. I'm replacing several my gears to more higher quality in order for Red River and Immersion event with a Illinois unit in Georgia in spring.

Offline Captain America

• Second Lieutenant
  • One realm, one God, one King!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #214 on: November 06, 2013, 08:36:28 am »
Soviet comrades, should I do an early or late war impression first? I'm torn, shoulder boards look goooood but it's a bit Tsarist, yet the honest uniform of the proletariat is used less

Offline GodsonGuys

• Second Lieutenant
  • The 1st Cavalry and Infantry Regiment is Recruitin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [1stCI
« Reply #215 on: November 06, 2013, 08:43:43 am »
Soviet comrades, should I do an early or late war impression first? I'm torn, shoulder boards look goooood but it's a bit Tsarist, yet the honest uniform of the proletariat is used less

Period?

WW2, i reckon late. ALOT more re-enactments
Mother Führer Gentlemen -

Offline Captain America

• Second Lieutenant
  • One realm, one God, one King!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 06, 2013, 08:48:30 am »
WW2, aye! Ah well, Those shoulder boards do look kinda sexy...

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 07, 2013, 01:21:37 am »
Build a good mid-late war impression first, then focus on early war if there's events in your area.
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #218 on: November 07, 2013, 06:24:52 am »
So, I was just officially accepted into the 2.SS-Das Reich Division, 3.SS-Panzergrenadier-Regiment, 9. Kompanie "Deutschland." I already put a security deposit down on my first purchase of low-boots from lederarsenal.com and have been told it can be four to five months before my boots will even be started. Because I have a huge fucking foot, and I needed special plating and irons in my boot, fucking shit is going to cost me about $386 in the end, security deposit included. Maybe, just maybe, I am making a mistake by starting off reenacting geting the best of the best gear I can find, and SS gear is already expensive even for economy gear I see. But, I truly do believe it's worth it.

As for my next buy; I was going to purchase somethings last week, but my car had a fucking caniption and put me out $800. So, it's a setback. However, when i get my next paycheck, I am going to be buying the next round of gear for my impression:

Texled M44 EM Belt (I'm unsure which one to get, I also have a 50.5" waist) - $59.99 - http://www.atthefrontshop.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ggbm44
SS EM Belt Buckle (This is non-economy version, trying to avoid the Chinese stuff as best I can) - $29.99 - http://www.atthefrontshop.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ggbbss
Combat Y-Straps (I can have the SS "RZM" put on it) - $39.99 (+ $5.00 with SS "RZM") - http://www.atthefrontshop.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=gfgeconY
SS Bayonet Frog (I will be using my great-grandfather's bayonet and scabbard, just have to fix it up) - http://www.atthefrontshop.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ggwssf
Kar98k Ammo Pouches (Two pouches for the belt, hold 30 rounds in each pouch, 2 stripper clips per mini-pouch, might also get the SS markings) - http://www.atthefrontshop.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ggpk98

I'm excited that I will be reenacting soon. I have a year to get everything, though... it's possible it may take that long for me. I've also been getting a lot of help from Landrik, which I am very appreciative.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 06:30:37 am by kpetschulat »

Offline GodsonGuys

• Second Lieutenant
  • The 1st Cavalry and Infantry Regiment is Recruitin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [1stCI
« Reply #219 on: November 07, 2013, 07:43:57 am »
So, I was just officially accepted into the 2.SS-Das Reich Division, 3.SS-Panzergrenadier-Regiment, 9. Kompanie "Deutschland." I already put a security deposit down on my first purchase of low-boots from lederarsenal.com and have been told it can be four to five months before my boots will even be started. Because I have a huge fucking foot, and I needed special plating and irons in my boot, fucking shit is going to cost me about $386 in the end, security deposit included. Maybe, just maybe, I am making a mistake by starting off reenacting geting the best of the best gear I can find, and SS gear is already expensive even for economy gear I see. But, I truly do believe it's worth it.

As for my next buy; I was going to purchase somethings last week, but my car had a fucking caniption and put me out $800. So, it's a setback. However, when i get my next paycheck, I am going to be buying the next round of gear for my impression:

Texled M44 EM Belt (I'm unsure which one to get, I also have a 50.5" waist) - $59.99 - http://www.atthefrontshop.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ggbm44
SS EM Belt Buckle (This is non-economy version, trying to avoid the Chinese stuff as best I can) - $29.99 - http://www.atthefrontshop.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ggbbss
Combat Y-Straps (I can have the SS "RZM" put on it) - $39.99 (+ $5.00 with SS "RZM") - http://www.atthefrontshop.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=gfgeconY
SS Bayonet Frog (I will be using my great-grandfather's bayonet and scabbard, just have to fix it up) - http://www.atthefrontshop.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ggwssf
Kar98k Ammo Pouches (Two pouches for the belt, hold 30 rounds in each pouch, 2 stripper clips per mini-pouch, might also get the SS markings) - http://www.atthefrontshop.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ggpk98

I'm excited that I will be reenacting soon. I have a year to get everything, though... it's possible it may take that long for me. I've also been getting a lot of help from Landrik, which I am very appreciative.

Well you know what they say about big feet..

Big shoes. And other things.
Mother Führer Gentlemen -

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 07, 2013, 06:29:57 pm »
Got my cavarly giberne (cartridge box) in the mail today. It's pretty decent. The cartridge box is terrific, but there's some stitching on the band I don't like the look of. That's minor though. I need to plunge some extra holes in the cartridge sling (which is attached to the main sling, bit hard to explain in writing) to keep the box more tight on my back - It's rather large, which isn't surprising, considering I'm...rather small-bodied. That shouldn't be a problem though, I know a guy with the equipment.

I ordered some additional stuff yesterday, including shoes (Yes, shoes, not boots), which I expect to get in the following weeks. All in all, I'm making a good progress towards my first event on the 30th of November.

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 07, 2013, 08:57:54 pm »
That's a real hefty price, but it'll be worth it. Remember boots aren't forgiving pieces of footwear so if you get them and they're not immediately comfortable you have to break those fuckers in. Also, if there's a mis-measurement by a bit you can always take it to a cobbler.

If you buy in bulk from a single dealer it helps save on the shipping and tax.

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
  • Oh, I'm a good old rebel, Now thats just what I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 08, 2013, 03:58:16 am »
never go cheap on footwear
Spoiler
Welcome to FSE hun. Enjoy your stay on s.s. Duuring. Lifeboat is to be found on upper left corner as "log out". We wish you enjoy the journey. Thank you for choosing Dutch Sea For your vacation.
[close]

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • This blamed fight aint got a rear
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 08, 2013, 04:57:19 am »
never go cheap on footwear

Amen Munk, one year and half mine is falling apart. Time to hit up Robert Land for some nice Brogans.

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 08, 2013, 10:43:18 am »
I bought my Jacks for $120 from Hessen. The motherfuckers are falling apart on my feet so bad they look like they're from the Stalingrad Kessel. Definitely spend the extra dosh on a good pair of shoes and then take care of them and do proper maintenance.