Author Topic: What's your next buy?  (Read 106160 times)

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • This blamed fight aint got a rear
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: What's your next buy?
« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2013, 04:21:42 pm »
Oops, sorry. It's a cartridge box.

Giberne is the French word. In Dutch it's 'Patroontas', though we use the French word just as much.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh totally was not expecting it. XD

Getting new gears is like the best feeling ever.

Offline Mr T

• Major General
  • Je Passe Quand Meme
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mortier
  • Side: Union
« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2013, 06:45:26 pm »
Think I may get myself a Gilet, got payed today :)

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2013, 05:00:04 am »
Turns out the WWI German breadbag and canteen I got just went on sale. OH WELL.

Going to buy them for my brother for a steal.
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline zac

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2013, 05:11:02 am »
where from?

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385
« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2013, 05:46:47 am »
well, just got a sword  :o

my next buy is probably an Anglo-Saxon scramasax (i will probably make it but meh)

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2013, 09:45:10 am »
Hessen Antique. They aren't the best repros, but good looking and cheap as hell with only very few discrepencies like the cork not being bolted in correctly or not the best leather bits. Still - perfect for what I'm doing.
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline GodsonGuys

• Second Lieutenant
  • The 1st Cavalry and Infantry Regiment is Recruitin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [1stCI
« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2013, 09:23:04 am »
After talking to Zac for a while, I am going for a WH 1943/44 Impression.

All the Gear together for a Goodish impression without (Hopefully) being called a FERB:

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

(Pull me up on anything wrong Zac!)

Price: 474.82

Oh, did I mention Shipping?

$120 from Hessen

$60 from Hikki

soooo...

Therefore Matt is out of pocket $654.82

YELP
Mother Führer Gentlemen -

Offline George385

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 30, 2013, 09:28:41 am »

All the Gear together for a Goodish impression without (Hopefully) being called a FERB:

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

$120 from Hessen

$60 from Hikki

soooo...

YELP

its better than paying $2, 000 up front like a couple napoleonic groups do.  :o

Offline GodsonGuys

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 30, 2013, 09:31:00 am »

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

$120 from Hessen

$60 from Hikki

soooo...

YELP

Oh Wait, I forgot the price for the Gun.. and the Gun license.. in Australia... some Police is goin to be a very rich fat man tonight.

Offline George385

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 30, 2013, 11:11:05 am »

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

$120 from Hessen

$60 from Hikki

soooo...

YELP

Oh Wait, I forgot the price for the Gun.. and the Gun license.. in Australia... some Police is goin to be a very rich fat man tonight.

yep. what state do you live in? I would recommend SA for WWII reenactment, they have the least strict laws on firearms. I would also get yourself involved in the Australian Airsoft Council, they support reenactors to use airsoft which would be alot more fun than blanks. If you are in NSW, Victoria or the ACT you would need an imitation firearms permit. If you live in WA, SA or QLD you dont need a licence to acquire imitation firearms.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 30, 2013, 11:38:38 am »

Hello.

Part of the 'problem' is that we can't just buy our uniform and gear in shops, but it has to be specifially made.

Offline GodsonGuys

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 30, 2013, 11:41:40 am »

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

$120 from Hessen

$60 from Hikki

soooo...

YELP

yep. what state do you live in? I would recommend SA for WWII reenactment, they have the least strict laws on firearms. I would also get yourself involved in the Australian Airsoft Council, they support reenactors to use airsoft which would be alot more fun than blanks. If you are in NSW, Victoria or the ACT you would need an imitation firearms permit. If you live in WA, SA or QLD you dont need a licence to acquire imitation firearms.

NSW

Offline GodsonGuys

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 30, 2013, 12:13:07 pm »

Just looking through the NSW Police, and by the Looks of things, only the Event manager needs one.

http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/services/firearms/permits/prohibited_weapon_permits

http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0015/176010/PW_ReEnactment_FACT_SHEET_2013.pdf

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 30, 2013, 01:11:33 pm »
Godson, most stuff there is solid for a barebones impression if you're trying to get it all at once in a hurry for cheap. Quite a bit of the items you're picking up are "10 foot rule" good but you're paying cheap for stuff that will possibly have buttons pop off or stitching getting torn. So you may want to be handy with needle and thread or pay the extra dosh for your items.

Your uniform and field cap... STAY AWAY FROM HBT! Save yourself the trouble and go ahead and grab wool. You'll curse the wool when you're sweating through it in summer, but praising it when you're cold as balls in the winter - when most events are! Get HBTs second and only good repros. Not the monstrosities in your wishlist. I recommend getting your cap and wool uniform from Hessen if you can afford it. It's still chinese shit, but it's the best chinese shit. HBTs were not immensely as common as the wool uniforms and you'll look sharper anyways!

Also, on the topic of your boots... those Swedish boots are just as bad as wearing a pair of black mountain boots. I recommend shelling the money on a proper pair of boots that will cost you a lot! Stay away from rubber soles. You want hobnails. SM Wholesale has some in stock right now for over $200, but At the Front (www.atthefront.com) should be getting $150 low boots sometime in stock before Christmas, so buy there! I certainly will.

With wearing Y-straps you don't really need tunic hooks. Those are only absolutely necessary for early war when they didn't have Y-straps for the regular infantry.

I see you placed the nice quality German socks on your Hessen wishlist. If you're trying to be economical (I'm more than certain you're trying to be) I suggest you buy their foot wraps instead of the socks. Go ahead and get 2-3 pair of foot wraps so you'll always have something to change into in case you get rained out or you don't want your feet freezing at night.

Speaking of getting rained out, you will want to get a waterproofed zeltbahn (shelter-quarter) to be able to wear as a poncho and use as a lean-to in case it rains. I've seen some farby reenactors at some events I've been to where they are wearing just HBTs with no zeltbahns as ponchos and almost get hypothermia. They ended up leaving the event early because they had nothing to change into and were feeling sick.

If you're able to, try talking with your Ausreenact group about buying items from them which you may get for MUCH cheaper!

Offline GodsonGuys

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 30, 2013, 03:04:56 pm »
Godson, most stuff there is solid for a barebones impression if you're trying to get it all at once in a hurry for cheap. Quite a bit of the items you're picking up are "10 foot rule" good but you're paying cheap for stuff that will possibly have buttons pop off or stitching getting torn. So you may want to be handy with needle and thread or pay the extra dosh for your items.

Your uniform and field cap... STAY AWAY FROM HBT! Save yourself the trouble and go ahead and grab wool. You'll curse the wool when you're sweating through it in summer, but praising it when you're cold as balls in the winter - when most events are! Get HBTs second and only good repros. Not the monstrosities in your wishlist. I recommend getting your cap and wool uniform from Hessen if you can afford it. It's still chinese shit, but it's the best chinese shit. HBTs were not immensely as common as the wool uniforms and you'll look sharper anyways!

Also, on the topic of your boots... those Swedish boots are just as bad as wearing a pair of black mountain boots. I recommend shelling the money on a proper pair of boots that will cost you a lot! Stay away from rubber soles. You want hobnails. SM Wholesale has some in stock right now for over $200, but At the Front (www.atthefront.com) should be getting $150 low boots sometime in stock before Christmas, so buy there! I certainly will.

With wearing Y-straps you don't really need tunic hooks. Those are only absolutely necessary for early war when they didn't have Y-straps for the regular infantry.

I see you placed the nice quality German socks on your Hessen wishlist. If you're trying to be economical (I'm more than certain you're trying to be) I suggest you buy their foot wraps instead of the socks. Go ahead and get 2-3 pair of foot wraps so you'll always have something to change into in case you get rained out or you don't want your feet freezing at night.

Speaking of getting rained out, you will want to get a waterproofed zeltbahn (shelter-quarter) to be able to wear as a poncho and use as a lean-to in case it rains. I've seen some farby reenactors at some events I've been to where they are wearing just HBTs with no zeltbahns as ponchos and almost get hypothermia. They ended up leaving the event early because they had nothing to change into and were feeling sick.

If you're able to, try talking with your Ausreenact group about buying items from them which you may get for MUCH cheaper!

Thanks for the Info! Hypothermia, really?

So I have tweaked it abit and changed it too wool.. and increased the price by roughly $150 :<

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

If you see anythign wrong, please let me know, thanks for the Help though!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 03:38:41 pm by [1stCI:Col] GodsonGuys »