Author Topic: European Infantry Cup - Season 5 - Rules  (Read 20881 times)

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: [EIC] European Infantry Cup - Season 3 - Rules
« Reply #105 on: March 04, 2019, 04:44:28 pm »
With respect an ammo limit is not needed. Hillcamp timer sure and bring in a rule to make regiments engage in mid range - close range fights after a certain period sure. But ammo limit doesn't do anything except put limitations unnecessarily.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #106 on: March 04, 2019, 04:49:26 pm »
That was my thought and why I said we would only need a 10 shot limit.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline ~Midnight~

• Board Moderator
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
« Reply #107 on: March 04, 2019, 04:52:00 pm »
Remember when we pitched tents on a hill against the 5th led by Dan? Oh and story time?? Good times..

Offline John Price

• Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 04, 2019, 04:59:55 pm »
Oh god before our Christmas 2017 break yeah

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #109 on: March 04, 2019, 05:04:07 pm »
I don't believe 'camping' to waste time is valid in the same way using that same terrain is for long-distance shooting. If you want to keep both a camp timer and a bullet script then perhaps you could just make a rule about being idle (you must either be moving or firing shots with a predetermined interval - you can't just sit behind a hill on the edge of a map forever).
The rules just need to be thought through and laid out in detail since saying "always moving" means i can already think of the regiments moving around just behind a hill, which makes no difference at all.... Also, as has happened in the nations cup the referee had to make a quick decision in a match which may have been unfair as you're aware.... This is the reason rules must be very precise and thought through.

imo camp timer should be 3-5 mins, as said previously the best leaders are shown in close combat by showing their quick thinking, reactions and maneuverability.
Moving around behind a hill wouldn't work because the camp timer would still be against them.

Offline John Price

• Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 04, 2019, 05:10:52 pm »
I don't believe 'camping' to waste time is valid in the same way using that same terrain is for long-distance shooting. If you want to keep both a camp timer and a bullet script then perhaps you could just make a rule about being idle (you must either be moving or firing shots with a predetermined interval - you can't just sit behind a hill on the edge of a map forever).
The rules just need to be thought through and laid out in detail since saying "always moving" means i can already think of the regiments moving around just behind a hill, which makes no difference at all.... Also, as has happened in the nations cup the referee had to make a quick decision in a match which may have been unfair as you're aware.... This is the reason rules must be very precise and thought through.

imo camp timer should be 3-5 mins, as said previously the best leaders are shown in close combat by showing their quick thinking, reactions and maneuverability.
Its never been like that. Its made very clear to referee's that running around abit or switching hills still counts towards the camp timer.

Offline Ry@n

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18th_Col
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nick:Nick:Nick:Nick:
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #111 on: March 04, 2019, 05:24:30 pm »

Its never been like that. Its made very clear to referee's that running around abit or switching hills still counts towards the camp timer.
good, make sure it's clear isall im saying to both leaders and refs :) i can't see a rule on what happens if there's a draw.. am i blind or is there not one there

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #112 on: March 04, 2019, 05:29:16 pm »
After yesterdays fun match, can we not make an all-charge timer after 10 minutes or so. I know it heavily favors melee regiments. But that just makes it so that shooting regiments will have to play more aggressive to get those shooting kills instead of sitting on a hill for 3-5 minutes, and then moving to the next hill for 3-5 minutes.

Offline John Price

• Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 04, 2019, 05:29:53 pm »

good, make sure it's clear isall im saying to both leaders and refs :) i can't see a rule on what happens if there's a draw.. am i blind or is there not one there
Look at the main thread.

Offline Skittykiller

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Skitty, DOG GAME
« Reply #114 on: March 26, 2019, 12:52:17 pm »
I think it should also be a rule not to camp the same hill twice. If seen latley when i fought shooting regiments and we implemented camp timers, they would run away from the hill after the time was over and then return to the same hill again afterwards to restart their timer again.

(Also im not sure if this is worth it with the camp timer rule, but if not then just dont mind this.)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 12:54:01 pm by Skittykiller »

Offline John Price

• Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 26, 2019, 01:53:45 pm »
The rule literally says close the distance, that means close the distance not run to another hill.

Offline sirkaide

• Captain
  • Founder/Former leader of the 59th, NRP & Jailbreak
    • View Profile
    • 59th Website
  • Nick: Not politically correct
« Reply #116 on: March 26, 2019, 01:56:08 pm »
I noticed on the rules there wasn't much regarding moving out spacing. Regiment these days tend to have large spacing and move out like light companies. A few 1v1s that I've done recently I've noticed very large gaps, sometimes the opposite regiment is double our distance, with the sole aim to minimize shooting deaths and to get an advantage with the reverse column.

Any outline for admins to enforce spacings on the move and the AFK's that follow the line sometimes 30 seconds after the regiment has moved out?

Many thanks.

Offline John Price

• Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 26, 2019, 02:00:46 pm »
Are we all incapable of reading? There is literally a section that says Movement in Formation Kaide lmfao

"No more than 2-3 man spacing" Thats movement, obviously not standing still.

Offline sirkaide

• Captain
  • Founder/Former leader of the 59th, NRP & Jailbreak
    • View Profile
    • 59th Website
  • Nick: Not politically correct
« Reply #118 on: March 26, 2019, 02:03:03 pm »
Are we all incapable of reading? There is literally a section that says Movement in Formation Kaide lmfao

"No more than 2-3 man spacing" Thats movement, obviously not standing still.

Read my post again mate...

"I noticed on the rules there wasn't much regarding moving out spacing".

Emphasis on "there wasn't much". I'll ask again "Any outline for admins to enforce spacings on the move" is it a slay? a warning? Do you need video footage etc?

Realistically if the admin asks for the gaps to be filled, the whole regiment can't stop to fix gaps when the opposition is close. Is it a reset?

« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 02:05:20 pm by sirkaide »

Offline John Price

• Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 26, 2019, 02:12:00 pm »
Ah right I didn't read it right.

Round reset. You can't just slay random individuals for it. The other point is just Rambo.