Author Topic: European Infantry Cup - Season 5 - Rules  (Read 20789 times)

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
European Infantry Cup - Season 5 - Rules
« on: April 09, 2018, 03:48:29 pm »

Navigation:

Rules

Matchdays

Matches should be completed on a weekly basis from the start of the tournament, but for Season 5 we are being more lenient. For this season, there will be specific deadlines. For example, 6 weeks from start to complete all group stage matches. This means if you require, you can postpone your match by a week or two if required. Please make sure that if this is required, you agree a date with your opponents and inform the EIC admin team so that they can make notes. Matches can only be postponed ONCE for a maximum of 2 weeks. If you cannot attend the match after postponing, you will be delivered a 0-10 forfeit. When organising a postpone for a match there must be a good reason. If you are refusing to play a match because you would rather attend Trenchbattle for example, you will be removed from EIC. All regiments are expected to shift regular events around to make time for EIC.

Teams should be on the server no later than 10 minutes from the start of the event. So if the event starts at 7pm, you should be there by 7:10 or receive a 0-10 forfeit. If you need a little extra time to gather people on the server, referees will give you an extra 5 minutes. So 7:15 is the hard cut-off before the reff forces the match to start.
Withdraws

If a regiment withdraws from the cup, all opponents will receive a 10-0 Victory. Including matches that have already been completed.
Fire In Charge

A charge is considered once a regiments formation has been broken or contact has been initiated. Contact is considered once 1 or more members of a regiment has blocked a stab, broken formation or melee damage has been dealt. Breaking of formation is considered once ranker moves more than 2 Men spacing from his formation.

If Fire in Charge occurs, the admin will slay and NOT revive. Reviving causes too much disruption once a melee has been initiated. If 3 or more people are shot in charge, the victim regiment may ask for a reset. This however is naturally dependant on the situation and the call of the attending referees. For cases of FiC during an officer Rambo situation, please see Officer Rules & OA section.

Movement in Formation
No more than 2-3 man gaps in between the players. Once your line starts moving out all firing must stop or slays will be issued. Reloading when the line is moving is considered fine, as long as they do not break the 2-3 man gap rule. So for example, as long as they join onto the back of the line this is not considered RoL.

When you are moving any more than the stated 3 man gaps will receive a warning from a referee. Repeat offences will result in slays.

Gaps While Firing

Reload -> Fix -> Shoot. In that order. Gaps must be fixed before your players can fire. While shooting there should be no more than half man gaps in between players. Firing without fixing the gap will be given a warning, failure to listen to this warning will result in a slay of the player(s). No crouching, jumping or moving behind your line to avoid being shot. If you need to be warned about this multiple times individually, you will be removed from the event and receive a 1 match ban. This is a rule that for some reason a few individuals of a few regiments cannot follow and will no longer be tolerated.
Officer Rules & OA

Officers must follow the same spacing rules as rankers when firing. Officers must be standing to the side of their line with no more than 3 men spacing. If the officer is in front of a line that is either advancing or running at their opponents in column, this is NOT considered officer aim. The officer unit cannot be used to shield rankers from being shot, for example when doing a reverse column, if the officer is shot while running next to the line, this is not considered officer aim. If this happens, a revive can be issued (as long as melee has not begun) but there will be no round resets.

When in charge the officer should still be following spacing rules, therefor he must be within 3 spaces of his closest ranker, unless that ranker is far away from his line/ramboing. The officer must be with his main body of troops. If an officer breaks the 3 men spacing rule and breaks the formation of a shooting enemy regiment, this will NOT be considered Fire in Charge depending on the situation. This is to prevent the rampant officer Rambo which has become more and more of an issue.

However, even if you think that the opposing officer committed Rambo on your regiment, you must still STOP firing once melee has begun. Otherwise the referee will have difficulty dealing with the issue. If a referee observes a successful Rambo attempt which results in Fire in Charge, they are to play advantage. For example, if the receiving regiment is still up in numbers then the referee can let the round play out until the end where that regiment can dispute the round if needed. Or if the receiving regiment is at a disadvantage in numbers, they can request a reset.

Officers cannot delay or avoid contact by running away, or behind his opponents line. He must stay with his main body of players, within the 3 man spacing rule limits. Failure to abide by this will result in a slay.

Units

Only regular line infantry classes should be used. No guard, lights or Skirmishers. Also no musicians, flag bearers or Surgeons. Freikorps is ok as its considered a line infantry unit.

2 Officers is fine, as long as its agreed upon by both sides.

Attendance

Minimum of 15 and a maximum of 35. Only a 1 man majority is allowed over the enemy regiment. If one regiment brings less than 15, the opponent regiment is allowed to field 15. The 1 man majority rule does not apply. You do not need to balance after the 30 second spawn period.

During the play offs there will be NO 1 man Majority. Unless a regiment does not bring 15.

Camp Timer

The camp timer will be remaining at 5 minutes as of Season 4. However, from Season 5 we will now allow regiments to pre agree a shorter camp timer if that’s what they wish. So as the same with using 2 officers, if both regiments agree the camp timer can be reduced to a minimum of 2 minutes. Please speak to the referee attending the match to accommodate this. Unless both regiments agree to a specific time, it will stay at 5 minutes. 5 Minutes is the maximum, it can be shortened to the lowest of 2 minutes on request but not extended.

If both regiments agree, the referee can call a meet in the middle. This does not require use of the camp timer and can be called whenever a regiment chooses to. Both regiments must agree to this or the match continues as normal.

Chat

All chat is welcomed, however if it is only being used to insult/instigate vs other players or the referee, that referee reserves the right to mute all chat for the remaining duration of the match. Failure to abide by this rule will result in slays and/or a ban depending on the nature of said messages. If you are being racist in all chat expect a temp ban from the server, then if required a temporary ban from further matches depending on severity and number of warnings received.

Regiment leaders can request to ban all chat. This does not need to be agreed upon by both sides.

Referee's

A referee's decision is final. They must be unbiased and will abide by the rules. They will also carry out the map veto on the server. More on this below.
Server Admin

Every regiments leaders will have access to the admin password. You may ask for your 2iC to have it as well. You may only use it on your own regiment, unless you are unable to find a ref, then you may ref the match yourself. Decide that among you and your opponent. ONLY if a video is recorded.  No video, your complaints will be ignored.

Map Veto's

There are a total of 5 Custom maps in EIC. The map that will be played on is veto'd by the teams. This means that each team bans a map until one is left.
For example:
Team 1 Ban -> Team 2 Ban -> Team 1 Ban -> Team 2 Ban -> Leftover Map Played

Maps are below

Rules regarding players are on the Rosters & Referees thread.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 06:15:48 pm by John Price »
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline John Price

• Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
Re: [EIC] European Infantry Cup - Season 2 - Announcement/Rule Discussion
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 03:49:01 pm »
Hopefully this should be moved to a newly created child board (if we are accepted that is D:)

Offline Gi

• Board Moderator
  • #freepoland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Snappers_Gi
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 03:55:19 pm »
This thread is for discussing rules and putting forward ideas for new ones, so if you have an idea please post it.

Wursti

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 04:00:43 pm »
Does the Camping rule mean this:

"Regiments are allowed to camp for the first 10 minutes. After those 10 Minutes both regiments have to fight in close quater"

Or do I misunderstand it?

Offline Samu

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DNK
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 04:01:53 pm »
As long as there are going to be 2 leagues like last time, then I am happy to enter my new regiment into League 2.

But will there be enough interest for 2 leagues, I mean there arent too many regiments.

Offline John Price

• Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 04:03:45 pm »
Does the Camping rule mean this:

"Regiments are allowed to camp for the first 10 minutes. After those 10 Minutes both regiments have to fight in close quater"

Or do I misunderstand it?
"Once asked to move regiments cannot return to that position again for the rest of the round. Once that timer has gone down, both regiments must engage in close quarters shooting."

As long as there are going to be 2 leagues like last time, then I am happy to enter my new regiment into League 2.

But will there be enough interest for 2 leagues, I mean there arent too many regiments.
Most of the regiments that participated in Season 1 are still here. There are alot of regiments left to play still.

Offline Atempt

• Sergeant Major
  • go away
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1y_Nevsk_Hassart_Plk
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 04:16:00 pm »
shut up and give me a spot
Хочешь вступить в хороший русскоязычный полк с отличным коллективом? Добавь [1y_Nevsk] Hassart в стиме!

Offline SpicyDwarf

• Major
  • wagwan piff tings
    • View Profile
  • Nick: whats your bbm pin
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 04:18:59 pm »
I feel like the camping rule will just result in certain regiments swapping hills, which even though they will run out of hills eventually it will still result in a long match. I was always a fan of the limited ammo script which could be considered maybe.

As for having multiple refs i would support that as, I for example probably wouldn't feel confident enough to ref a match by myself and risk missing something, especially with all the abuse refs are being given atm. With two of you, you can simply watch a line each and easily spot any fic etc
Single widow. Parent to 14 Uzbekistani children.
spicy's leadership won us nwl
his leadership won us a trip to being banned from like 5100 events smh

Offline John Price

• Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2018, 04:20:55 pm »
I feel like the camping rule will just result in certain regiments swapping hills, which even though they will run out of hills eventually it will still result in a long match. I was always a fan of the limited ammo script which could be considered maybe.

As for having multiple refs i would support that as, I for example probably wouldn't feel confident enough to ref a match by myself and risk missing something, especially with all the abuse refs are being given atm. With two of you, you can simply watch a line each and easily spot any fic etc
Once the timer runs down both regiments are forced to engage in close range shooting. So they cant run to another hill.   

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2018, 04:21:21 pm »
As long as the camping rule is done like they used to in EIC then that won't happen Spicy (was posting this b4 Chriseh ffs).

Personally excited if this does happen though as I found it much more fun than NWL simply just because of the camping rule.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Atempt

• Sergeant Major
  • go away
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1y_Nevsk_Hassart_Plk
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2018, 04:22:57 pm »

Once the timer runs down both regiments are forced to engage in close range shooting. So they cant run to another hill.   
matches will be long cause 10 minutes is pretty long
Хочешь вступить в хороший русскоязычный полк с отличным коллективом? Добавь [1y_Nevsk] Hassart в стиме!

Offline SpicyDwarf

• Major
  • wagwan piff tings
    • View Profile
  • Nick: whats your bbm pin
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2018, 04:26:02 pm »
So how do you force 2 regiments to engage? Can we have shrinking maps like pubg innit
Single widow. Parent to 14 Uzbekistani children.
spicy's leadership won us nwl
his leadership won us a trip to being banned from like 5100 events smh

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2018, 04:26:42 pm »

matches will be long cause 10 minutes is pretty long
Personally I'd say it should be lowered to 6-8 minutes.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Wursti

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2018, 04:27:20 pm »
I rather have max. 10 mins of camping than not ending camping like in NWL

Offline Knightmare

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2018, 04:30:00 pm »
Ten minutes abit too much no?