Author Topic: What's your most prized possession?  (Read 712 times)

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Senior Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
  • Side: Neutral
What's your most prized possession?
« on: June 06, 2020, 04:40:18 am »
Simple question, only 5 words long but can be a real conversation starter. It can be based on it's monetary value, sentimental value, time looking for it or anything. Is there a story attached to it that explains why it is so prized? Pictures are of course welcome but not required. This is not a thread about flexing or trying to outdo each other. Its a simple question that can be a real conversation starter and lets people in the community know things about each other that may not have necessarily come up in previous discussions. For this, pets are excluded. This is because I do not regard them as possessions more as companions. My guinea pigs are well loved but they are not possessions  :)

It's only fair that I go first. I'll cheat a little and post two items that I hold very close to my heart due to different reasons.

2018 my grandfather unfortunately passed away due to cancer. Obviously tough on everyone in the family. Before he passed he gave me a £50 note. This is just a standard £50 note and was just to cover expenses that I paid for whilst he was in hospital (beer, groceries for my gran etc). At first I tried to refuse because he was in the hospital however he was quite stubborn and wouldn't accept it back. I'm grateful for this because this was the last piece of money that he ever handled. Its something that was just a little part of him and to me its like a part of him remains. I find myself in a lucky situation where I am in a position where I do not need to spend that money. It is highly unlikely that I will ever spend it.

Now this is the cringe part. It is a 1-1 replica of Obi-wan Kenobi's hilt from Revenge of The Sith. There was just something about his lightsabre that I just loved. Maybe it was his character and the fact that he himself was Scottish which to me was a HUGE thing. There was just something about it that drew me towards him. I hunted high and low, all across different sites and marketplace groups, missing out on auctions when I found one that was in mint condition, was at a great price and was in the UK which halved the shipping price. Luckily I was on a day off from work when it arrived, took like 20 minutes to get it out of the box it came in. Shipping peanuts went everywhere, recycling bin was full of cardboard, the kitchen was a mess but I was over the moon. Unless I really needed to, this is something I would never be able to part with. Image of the item (and my kitchen) below.

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Benallo

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Millionaire IRL
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Benallo
Re: What's your most prized possession?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 10:39:28 am »
Oh yh family things are really good 😍

Not in term of money but in term of value in my heart, I'd say that the most important thing that I own is my road bike. This is what permits me to reflect alone and think of different projects and objectives in my life, but also my road bike is the thing that keeps my physical condition, which, for me, is really important to feel happy.

Offline Queeeeen

• Second Lieutenant
  • 92nd Luke Fraser VIRGIN GREN
    • View Profile
Re: What's your most prized possession?
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 12:35:25 pm »
my ac milan flip flops