Author Topic: NA Community Rep Post - April-June Term  (Read 32057 times)

Offline tired

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [BBG] tired
  • Side: Neutral
Re: NA Community Rep Post - Jan-March Term
« Reply #240 on: April 01, 2019, 05:06:37 pm »
Congrats!, I see the Dynasty stays in power again lol

Offline Unitater

• Second Lieutenant
  • Weeb Potato.
    • View Profile
    • 41st NY Vol FSE Page
  • Nick: 41stNY Col | discord.gg/41stny
  • Side: Union
« Reply #241 on: April 01, 2019, 05:46:05 pm »
Congrats on the second term windy
Click Signature to Join the 41st NY Discord

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #242 on: April 01, 2019, 05:51:28 pm »
Congrats on the second term windy

Technically it's his third term.

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
« Reply #243 on: April 01, 2019, 05:57:57 pm »
now if only a HRE ran against me this would have been a slam dunk.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #244 on: April 01, 2019, 10:44:05 pm »
Sheesh that’s a landslide

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I fucking got out bitches | 84th Geezer | 2929
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #245 on: April 01, 2019, 11:43:08 pm »
New post when
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #246 on: April 03, 2019, 06:28:44 am »
END OF TERM/START OF TERM UPDATE

Well well well, the people have chosen wisely once again.

First off, I want to start by thanking you all for voting me in to my FOURTH community representative term. I appreciate all who voted in the election. This will likely be my last term serving as CR. I have been preoccupied with doing college in the morning as well as working 3-11 shifts right after that so it has not left me with so much free time this last week. I want to apologize as it was not a great time to be absent. This is not an indicator of the term though as I do plan to be actually even more active than I was in the last term.

ONGOING #1 - RECENT HACKING ALLEGATION
Recently there have been allegations of hacking against Matt. There was a community meeting held by Jolly (pretty much my vice-CR), and the conclusion was that the evidence was not conclusive enough to bring down the hammer. There has also been a dedicated thread to the matter here. Matt being an extremely skilled player and being considered the most well rounded player in NA at the moment by many, so when the allegations were brought forth it turned into a "shit-show". People posting about this on multiple threads and people gossiping etc etc. It has been pretty much settled. Matt I believe has also started to step away from the game from what it seems to me.

ONGOING #2 - THE END OF THE 4V4
Really this has been my central focus of my last term in making sure this would be ran smoothly and would be something that would be enjoyed by the vast majority of the community. Something people could get excited about in 2019. I have received help from many members of the community and this league being ran as successful as it has would not be possible without their contributions. It was my goal from the start to make this less of a dictatorship and more of a community based league where all input is valued and appreciated. And it has been. Since this is one of the first properly ran draft leagues there were problems that were encountered but it was mainly just a culmination of a bunch of small issues that we sorted out throughout the season. This is to be expected imo of the first iteration of the league and if/when we decide to do this league again (whether it be 4v4 or another kind), these problems will be dealt with and improved upon in order to make "a perfect league". I appreciate everyone's patience, participation, and concerns with the league.

The last match week of the league is ending on the 9th. The post-season championship will be followed the week after so stay tuned!

ONGOING #3 - WHAT I WANT TO ACCOMPLISH IN MY FOLLOWING TERM
To keep it to the point, I'll quote my application in spoilers as well as brief the application.
Windy's App
Quote from: Windflower
Name: Windflower
EU or NA?: NA
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Yes
Why should you become CR?:

I felt good about my last term, a real sense of some accomplishment within the scene and I only want to do more and more and more for the benefit of the community. I feel like I have more to do especially since the 4v4 league has occupied much of my recent time. I think the community was overall satisfied with my recent term which is good and I plan to inject the community with as much life as I can. I also feel like I have the most experience with this position and I have only found ways to better the role and make use of it. Though the casual side of the community may have been a bit neglected by me for this recent term hopefully I can put my efforts towards that more strongly this next term as I won't be so preoccupied with running the 4v4 league.

My competency as an administrator and moderator alone lead me to believe I am the best candidate for this role. Also a critique for myself might be that I'm not as active as I should be due to school and working closing shifts. School is pretty coming to a close and I know that I'm going to be online a lot more to deal with the player base and whatever may be going on. The community has been a lot more involved with these recent CR terms which is really good for the role itself and has brought the role to something more community based rather than the sole-CR based.

While the casual community may have been neglected a little they seem to putting along without too much distress. It's also important to remember that the competitive community makes up probably like 90-95% of FSE (which is where the CR's strengths lie.). Without the competitive community there basically is no community which would render the CR role a whole lot more useless. It is kind of important to elect a fitting person into the role of CR because it can actually impact the community more than you think. Other than that, I'm planning to keep doing what I'm doing.
[close]

I want to
- TEND TO ANY COMMUNITY NEEDS/WANTS/CONCERNS
- AID IN RUNNING NWL/OTHER POSSIBLE MAJOR COMP EVENTS
- TEND TO THE CASUAL COMMUNITIES CONCERNS
- AID IN INCREASING NORTH AMERICAN ACTIVITY IN GENERAL THROUGH WHATEVER MEANS
- AID THE CAVALRY COMMUNITY
- COOPERATE WITH OTHER COMMUNITY MEMBERS IN INCREASING QUALITY OF EVENTS
- CONTINUE WITH WEEKLY/BI-WEEKLY UPDATES (i know y'all love em')

ANY COMMENTS, QUESTIONS, CONCERNS, QUERIES,
PLEASE DON'T BE SHY TO INPUT ON THE THREAD OR IF YOU'RE NOT COMFORTABLE MAKING A PUBLIC POST I'M ALWAYS AVAILABLE TO PM ON FSE OR I'M WELCOME TO STEAM MESSAGES AS WELL.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 06:59:38 am by Windflower »

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
Re: NA Community Rep Post - April-June Term
« Reply #247 on: April 03, 2019, 06:39:34 am »
Windflower deserved the term after his last. It was a fun race, and I hope it brought up some issues he wasn't aware of before. <3

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #248 on: April 03, 2019, 06:47:11 am »
Windflower deserved the term after his last. It was a fun race, and I hope it brought up some issues he wasn't aware of before. <3
I appreciate the competition, makes me feel less like a dictator. The election did bring some issues to light as well, thanks. (:

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 03, 2019, 05:14:08 pm »
We still gotta talk about that Motorola though.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #250 on: April 03, 2019, 05:58:19 pm »
We still gotta talk about that Motorola though.
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Unitater

• Second Lieutenant
  • Weeb Potato.
    • View Profile
    • 41st NY Vol FSE Page
  • Nick: 41stNY Col | discord.gg/41stny
« Reply #251 on: April 03, 2019, 05:59:39 pm »
Click Signature to Join the 41st NY Discord

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #252 on: April 03, 2019, 06:01:21 pm »

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
    • View Profile