Author Topic: NA Community Rep Post - April-June Term  (Read 32070 times)

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
Re: NA Community Rep Post - Jan-March Term
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2019, 12:42:34 am »
so what russian wants is to stack the teams but make it look like the teams arent stacked

extensions are useless if both teams have consistent schedules that conflict with eachother
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2019, 12:47:41 am »
so what russian wants is to stack the teams but make it look like the teams arent stacked

extensions are useless if both teams have consistent schedules that conflict with eachother
How did you know?

What I was trying to say is that since there are 2 matches a week, lets say Saturday and Sunday, and my team is myself, waste, havoc, and yoshie. And, for instance, havoc decides not to show up because he has to go to a gay bar, and my subs are rafael and he can play in havoc stead. Basically trying to avoid that scenario and instead have people like purplish and glenn replace havoc or anyone who doesn't show up and not delay the match just to have your "perfect" roster show up. If your full starting roster is there good for you, if not, get more active people.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2019, 12:49:15 am »

How did you know?

What I was trying to say is that since there are 2 matches a week, lets say Saturday and Sunday, and my team is myself, waste, havoc, and yoshie. And, for instance, havoc decides not to show up because he has to go to a gay bar, and my subs are rafael and he can play in havoc stead. Basically trying to avoid that scenario and instead have people like purplish and glenn replace havoc or anyone who doesn't show up and not delay the match just to have your "perfect" roster show up.
Using a sweaty like havoc, who would never miss a match, is not the best example
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2019, 12:49:50 am »
I ride Russian's bench  :-* 8)

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 084ever!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2019, 12:52:23 am »
I’m better than Yoshie
click here to join the 84th

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2019, 12:56:17 am »

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2019, 01:14:49 am »
Just limit the team starters and have 4 subs who aren't as known (or as sweaty). An example will be have me, waste, yoshie, and havoc and subs like glenn, purplish, etc. So basically there can be a lot of teams with equal skill distribution and avoid those mega stacks. Also don't give extensions because it defeats the point of having it 2 a week and I think it'll be better if they just have some more subs.
It's hard to really put a set rule on how good your subs can be but yeah it would be preferable if it was not 4 stacked starters and a stacked bench. I feel like a team captain and 3 starters with 3 bench players would be sufficient. So instead of having extensions the scheduling problem gets eliminated by having multiple substitutes.

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2019, 02:08:59 am »
But I live to make the most stacked teams possible out of my friends

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2019, 06:22:32 am »
If it is a 4v4 then the most subs you need is 2 max.

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2019, 11:03:18 am »
If it is a 4v4 then the most subs you need is 2 max.
Maybe if this was a tournament but we're talking about a league with 2 matches per week in the middle of spring semester.

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2019, 02:09:13 pm »
Yeah, Waste has a point. But even for a league lasting on a large period of time, having the reserve being as big as the main line-up is a bit ridiculous and could (potentially) prevent a few extra teams to form up. If some people feel two subs isn't enough, then I reckon the perfect middle is three, which I believe is what Windflower already stated.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2019, 07:13:44 pm »
College basketball could be a good comparison where they play 27-31 games in a season depending on Conference Tournaments or March Madness. Like twice a week for matches could work
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

MATT123456789

« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2019, 07:34:15 pm »
Problem: LG gf team(yoshie,russian,havoc,waste)monopoly is ruining the competitiveness of small groupfighting tournaments/leagues.

Solution: Make each one a captain of separate teams.

/thread

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2019, 08:06:22 pm »
Problem: LG gf team(yoshie,russian,havoc,waste)monopoly is ruining the competitiveness of small groupfighting tournaments/leagues.

/thread
smh

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2019, 08:16:36 pm »

/thread
Don't forget the coach!

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)