Author Topic: NA Community Rep Post - April-June Term  (Read 32085 times)

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: NA Community Rep Post - Jan-March Term
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2019, 06:39:06 am »
brb gonna get Nappy to reform 45e
This is the main stumbling block to having a third group - the waste/Russian and Asian/Godfried combo are the only leadership groups that can bring players back. The problems with size of the competitive community has always been about lack of leaders who people are loyal too and will come back for. I mean, the list of retired leaders is significant - Tico, the 9y guys, Alexander, Cheeseypants, Karth, etc. Each of those guys could bring 5-10 people back and could change the dynamics of the scene, but since all don’t want to play, people who would otherwise be core players in dead regiments end up having the options be 42nd and LG.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Unitater

• Second Lieutenant
  • Weeb Potato.
    • View Profile
    • 41st NY Vol FSE Page
  • Nick: 41stNY Col | discord.gg/41stny
  • Side: Union
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2019, 07:24:25 am »
If Jolly or Uni decides to get some comp stuff 15e can easily bring 20+ since we brought 30+ against the HRE in the league match.

It’s been hard since jolly has been away due to family reasons for the holiday season. 15e will resume competitive stuff in January, though we certainly have lost some of our comp lineup to the 42nd and LG
Click Signature to Join the 41st NY Discord

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I fucking got out bitches | 84th Geezer | 2929
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2019, 07:28:43 am »
If Jolly or Uni decides to get some comp stuff 15e can easily bring 20+ since we brought 30+ against the HRE in the league match.
Once I get back to school and can be active I'm starting up the comp side again after the christmas break.  This time I will be more open to doing 1v1 n gfs with other regiments no matter how much we lose.  Sadly other members in my reg aren't keen on losing cause of "moral" but also there's the struggle of converting casuals to comp.  But with more tournys and comp trainings I hope to change that, we do have a lot of members so hopefully we can get it rolling.
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I fucking got out bitches | 84th Geezer | 2929
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2019, 07:30:26 am »

It’s been hard since jolly has been away due to family reasons for the holiday season. 15e will resume competitive stuff in January, though we certainly have lost some of our comp lineup to the 42nd and LG

Losing members to other regiments doesn't make a difference.  We have a large players base of casuals that we can turn to comp players.  there's a lot of interest and we have to continue to promote playing comp to our casuals.(sorry for the double post)
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2019, 08:33:10 am »
Once upon a time Me, Russian, AsianP and Godfreid all led (or helped lead) separate regiments. Today I don't see myself running a regiment without Russian or Yoshie though

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2019, 08:33:35 am »
Ongoing #3 (Holiday lull):

WPC's finals are on hold until community member Waste returns apparently,  thing is taking forever to finish
NWGL is resuming this week
- After these 2 events we're going to need more to keep the community from flat out dying, its good to consider what we can do after these are finished.

Just throwing this here, but considering the state of the current NA community, what would be the chance of a NAGFL to happen (and have a decent amount of participants?) An RGL seems out of questions with the 45nd/LG having too much of a melee stacks, and it's not like there are many formats which can be considered either.

A group fighting league ask a bit of commitment timewise because it's meant to be an event taking place on a few months (depending on the number of teams) but it's not regiment based, meaning you could have several LG/42nd/Mixed teams if you make it 5v5/6v6, on top of the teams from other regiments.

Again, I am throwing some ideas, I don't know the NA community all that well so don't take offence if my suggestions are a bit delusional or not based on much knowledge.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2019, 08:42:45 am »
Spoiler
Ongoing #3 (Holiday lull):

WPC's finals are on hold until community member Waste returns apparently,  thing is taking forever to finish
NWGL is resuming this week
- After these 2 events we're going to need more to keep the community from flat out dying, its good to consider what we can do after these are finished.

Just throwing this here, but considering the state of the current NA community, what would be the chance of a NAGFL to happen (and have a decent amount of participants?) An RGL seems out of questions with the 45nd/LG having too much of a melee stacks, and it's not like there are many formats which can be considered either.

A group fighting league ask a bit of commitment timewise because it's meant to be an event taking place on a few months (depending on the number of teams) but it's not regiment based, meaning you could have several LG/42nd/Mixed teams if you make it 5v5/6v6, on top of the teams from other regiments.

Again, I am throwing some ideas, I don't know the NA community all that well so don't take offence if my suggestions are a bit delusional or not based on much knowledge.
[close]
It would be cool to have a 5v5 league again with a High & Low Tier Groups so people fight other teams on their level instead of Top teams destroying low teams. I know Jorge 5v5 league was aids and took long because of him but it would be cool to have another GF league.

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2019, 01:05:01 pm »
The 6teSLR is currently looking into competitive side of things again, but most of our older good players are gone or no longer play so right now we are just attempting to train casual people. Difficult with my time schedule but attempting it so expect to see us do 1v1s or GFs at some point

|Viper|

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2019, 02:22:11 pm »
The 6teSLR is currently looking into competitive side of things again, but most of our older good players are gone or no longer play so right now we are just attempting to train casual people. Difficult with my time schedule but attempting it so expect to see us do 1v1s or GFs at some point
NANWL Champs baby  8).

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2019, 02:53:10 pm »

That's pretty good news. 
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Shadow

• Former Moderator
  • Decorated Soldier, Validated Commander, GHTG
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Shadow
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2019, 02:59:00 pm »

That's pretty good news.
FSE Head Moderator, Feb 2018 - Apr 2022
FSE Community Moderator, Oct 2015 - Feb 2018

FSE Discord Moderator, Dec 2018 - Present

Former Leutnant 19te Prussian Infantry || Feel free to contact me on Steam here

Join the FSE Discord here!

Offline Xethos

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik_Marshal_Xethos
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2019, 03:05:13 pm »
It would be cool to have a 5v5 league again with a High & Low Tier Groups so people fight other teams on their level instead of Top teams destroying low teams. I know Jorge 5v5 league was aids and took long because of him but it would be cool to have another GF league.

Somebody could try running a Swiss tournament. Eliminates the need for separate tiers, which eliminates the need to sandbag in friendly matches. Seasons could be kept pretty short, which would reduce the impact of disbands/reforms. I don't know how reliable Challonge's Swiss function is, might be better to do the matchups by hand, but that seems like a minor problem. Doing it by hand would basically guarantee that the schedules are going to be about as full of close matches as it's going to get.
04:25:13 - [Cup_of_Tea] Hey Xethos! I bet you're a gentleman of less than reputable quality!

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2019, 05:18:12 pm »
I've added a poll for now on this thread before I have to dash off to work until the afternoon. I'll follow up with more comments when I come back from work and have time to thoroughly read the recent posts.

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2019, 08:02:07 pm »
6v6 would be cool

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Oatmeal

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2019, 08:30:55 pm »
the LG still owes us for carrying them to a league win, we should be compensated with 10 active players once we reform