Author Topic: Apparently I don't have Napoleonic Wars  (Read 8224 times)

Offline D-Lop

• Private
    • View Profile
Apparently I don't have Napoleonic Wars
« on: February 18, 2013, 09:08:59 pm »
So I download this mod, and run the installer, select my language and then it tells me I don't have Napoleonic Wars installed, which I do. I have this problem for any Napoleonic War mods so if anyone knows a fix please tell me. I've gone into regedit and made sure my key for NW was the same as what it said in regedit which it was but it didn't help at all. So can someone either try to figure out what my problem is, or just make a manual install and not an installer please?

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
  • Side: Union
Re: Apparently I don't have Napoleonic Wars
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 09:45:39 pm »
Its probably this.

- Right click on Mount & Blade: Warband on steam and select view CD key.
Copy the Napoleonic Wars serial code or keep it open.

- Click Start > Run
- Enter regedit, right click to open with administrative rights
- A new window will open, browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > MountAndBladeWarbandKeys
- Search the entry, serial_key_nw,
- If it doesent exist, make a string value with that name and enter your cd key there.
- make sure that the value is the same as your CD key. Also make sure that the key is separated correctly. Double click the entry and modify it until it is correct. Watch out for invisible spaces in the CD key.
- If you are done with that, close the Registry Window and start the installer, and have fun playing!

Offline D-Lop

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 09:50:47 pm »
I've already done that, and it still doesn't work, it's so annoying/frustrating.  :'(

Offline D-Lop

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 09:53:24 pm »
Btw I have NW on steam if that would make a difference at all.

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 11:26:44 pm »
Hmm. Try verifying the integrity of your game cache in steam. Or try reinstalling. Or make sure the install directory is correct. Otherwise i don't know what else sorry.

Offline D-Lop

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 10:52:17 pm »
Did all, none worked. This is so damn stupid, I'm about to go jump of a bridge its so annoying.  >:(

Offline D-Lop

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 10:55:43 pm »
Can someone be so kind as to spend their time to make a manual install where I actually drag the folder into modules for me please?

Offline Crayon

• Sergeant
  • Major_Bastard
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 02:39:38 am »
Just extract (or install) it to your desktop then take the relevant folder and put it in modules.
A Major Bastard

Offline D-Lop

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 03:31:43 am »
I don't get what you're saying. The only thing I get from the download is an installer, and it wont let me go past choose your language. Are you saying I can extract it to a folder?

Offline Hinkel

• Colonel
  • Confederate Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gen_Hinkel
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 11:53:13 am »
This is caused by the mod-installer of NW. But this problem is only for 5 % of all NW player...
There is no movement by any chance, to get any fix by the NW team. NW is actually finished by FSE and they wont continue or support it any more.
So us modders have to accept, that some player wont be able to play any mod..
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 11:54:50 am by Hinkel »

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2013, 01:47:22 pm »
You could try installing it on another PC and copying it over.

Offline Combine

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2013, 06:18:43 am »
I have the exact same problem as OP and own a Steam installation.

I tried the regedit trick and my keys were already correct. I downloaded the warband and napoleonic wars standalone installations from TaleWorlds and the game was running but the install for Zulu v4 would still tell me the DLC is not installed.

I'm desperate to play this mod but nothing seems to work. I'm quite certain the solution for people with this problem would be for someone to be kind enough to make a .rar of the Anglo-Zulu module and upload it to mega. That way we could get past the installer and just manual drop the files into the modules folder.

Please help! if someone could do that it would be greatly appreciated !

-------EDIT-------

I think I just found the solution! This might be a guaranteed fix for everyone.

Since I knew I just needed to get the files from the exe, I checked google for a program that could extract files from an .exe without loading it. I found this program called Universal Extractor here : http://legroom.net/software/uniextract

Once installed I dragged the zulu installer under the "Archive/Installer to extract:" path and set the destination directory to the folder I made on my desktop. It ran quickly and now I have the files I would have gotten if the installer worked for me.

Note: It's important that once you finished extracting the files out of the exe, you open the resulting folder and find the mod files in a folder called : {app}. Take the files in there and create a new folder and title it after the mod, place the files inside and then move it to your warband directory in the modules folder. It should work now, before I realized this it wouldn't appear in the modules list.

Game works now :D

---2nd Edit---

Game definitely works as I can make custom battles and create a character but I couldn't join the only server last night (It was the AUS server) because it said I didn't have the module installed. So now that is the problem instead of the installer not working.....
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 07:23:56 pm by Combine »

Offline harry3210

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2013, 09:01:44 am »
Thanks so much Willhelm

Offline Kammin

• Captain
  • That's a paddling
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kammin
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2013, 09:09:56 am »
My regiment member was having this problem . I downloaded it for him and then put the extracted folder onto our TS file share . Works like a charm.