Author Topic: A-Z mod is fantastic, however  (Read 2883 times)

Offline sally100

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: go to hell i`m not in the mood
  • Side: Neutral
A-Z mod is fantastic, however
« on: January 20, 2013, 02:07:11 pm »
Hey i played this for many hours last night really enjoyed it, just want to bring up one or two issues.. i know there is a suggestion thread but i didnt want this to get lost amongst a ton of pages.

First of all the shooting system is great, far more accurate and easier!  Love it and they should never change it, even if they change the graphics engine keep that style of shooting!

Now this gets me onto my next point the graphics are woeful ! however, it has to be lower graphic demand for pcs right... so if lots of people download it we should have tons of people on the servers without much lag.

Oh, the main issue though is the warchants.. they are beyond terrible.. they sound like you are watching some youtube video clip and then it pauses in the middle, please take snippits of the zulu movie and use them as the chants!

Also can zulus have musicians?  who can sing the zulu war songs.. that would be awesome :)

Love the mod... keep it up!

Offline Flash

• Second Lieutenant
  • Bang On!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Flash
Re: A-Z mod is fantastic, however
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 02:12:30 pm »
This is what the suggestion thread is for... To stop people making multiple threads =|

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 02:30:11 pm »
Hey i played this for many hours last night really enjoyed it, just want to bring up one or two issues.. i know there is a suggestion thread but i didnt want this to get lost amongst a ton of pages.

First of all the shooting system is great, far more accurate and easier!  Love it and they should never change it, even if they change the graphics engine keep that style of shooting!

Now this gets me onto my next point the graphics are woeful ! however, it has to be lower graphic demand for pcs right... so if lots of people download it we should have tons of people on the servers without much lag.

Oh, the main issue though is the warchants.. they are beyond terrible.. they sound like you are watching some youtube video clip and then it pauses in the middle, please take snippits of the zulu movie and use them as the chants!

Also can zulus have musicians?  who can sing the zulu war songs.. that would be awesome :)

Love the mod... keep it up!

The Zulu war cries are taken from the 80s TV show Shaka Zulu, do you have any idea how difficult it is to find Zulu war cries? We will work on more before the next release, hopefully of a better quality.

Offline sally100

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 03:20:18 pm »
hey would you like me to make sound bytes of various zulu war chants and all that from the movie?

i`m sure they come under fair use category as they wil only be 5 seconds long each

let me know

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 03:53:14 pm »
hey would you like me to make sound bytes of various zulu war chants and all that from the movie?

i`m sure they come under fair use category as they wil only be 5 seconds long each

let me know

You can try it if you want, we will give you credit. I don't know if it's possible though because most war cries in the movies are multiple people shouting at once, so I don't know if you can make it sound like a single person doing it, but if you can that would be great.

Offline sally100

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 12:19:21 pm »
wow

so i spend ages listening through zulu and zulu dawn.. and yes most memorable quotes are said with either music in the background or multiple people at once

i have uploaded several sound bytes..

the best ones are the zulus talking about `destroying the invaders`

let me know what you think

http://www.sendspace.com/file/nnoh5c

ps if you unzip that it is not self extracting not a virus there are no `exe ` or document files just mp3s.. happy for you to `virus test it first`

let me know what you think of the sounds

ps only click the part where it says  ` Click here to start download from sendspace` 

as the rest is just adverts
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 12:23:45 pm by sally100 »

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 07:12:12 pm »
Sir I suggest you keep it to 1 post instead of triple posting as it is against the rules to spam like this.
The first modder for NW.

Offline Fabbels

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 09:03:56 pm »
BETTY =)))

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 10:23:05 pm »
wow

so i spend ages listening through zulu and zulu dawn.. and yes most memorable quotes are said with either music in the background or multiple people at once

i have uploaded several sound bytes..

the best ones are the zulus talking about `destroying the invaders`

let me know what you think

http://www.sendspace.com/file/nnoh5c

ps if you unzip that it is not self extracting not a virus there are no `exe ` or document files just mp3s.. happy for you to `virus test it first`

let me know what you think of the sounds

ps only click the part where it says  ` Click here to start download from sendspace` 

as the rest is just adverts

The sounds you editted which are already in game sound better and less like they're from a movie. The other sounds are good too but I'm not sure how we will use them.

raikesi

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2013, 10:23:59 pm »
Yeah a few of them have already been implemented into the game. A few of the other ones would be funny if you made a Priest class or something xD

Offline sally100

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 12:24:41 am »
Yes sorry, this morning before i recorded them i thought i had some gems..

but as i heard the clips clearly i realised it was a lot tougher than i thought getting the right ones with next to zero disturbance from other people or background music...

hence its probably the work for voice actors

but i think 1 or 2 of the clips may be good though :) heheh