Author Topic: Units and weapons of the Anglo Zulu war mod.  (Read 89925 times)

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
  • Side: Union
Re: Units and weapons of the Anglo Zulu war mod.
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2013, 05:23:04 pm »
Wow, you guys really don't know how to take criticism. You need to chill the fuck out, seriously. If you don't think the current state of the models look bad, then wow...

Besides being children and immediately coming at me with "fuck off," why don't you be mature, and ask why I think they're terrible? Here's why:

1. There's very little texture on the uniforms, it's just flat colors,
2. The little Epaullettes on the British uniforms look terribly cut and pasted onto the uniforms and they're also flat 2d pictures,
3. The Martini rifles don't even have a full texture, just brown for the wood, and a very bright grey for the metal,
4. and the Zulus don't have very much texture either, but at least they do.

I also know that this mod is early stage in development. At least learn how to come back to people without such an attitude. I did nothing wrong, and you guys immediately said "Fuck off" far more than just once.

I started on the mod completely inexperienced. I've got about 4 weeks experience now. I think I am doing decent considering that. We did have an experienced texturer but they completely bailed on the mod leaving me as the only person to do it, with no experience. I was originally just going to model. I'll have to keep going over things again as my skills improve. Things are improved in the next version but still don't expect Napoleonic wars quality or north and south as i am still learning.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2013, 05:25:10 pm »
Kpet, I think James is just frustrated with the sheer amount of negging and nagging and figgeting and foogeting people have with the mod.

We're always trying our best to improve, but you've got to understand, we're a group of unpaid amateurs doing this for free, and are only trying to do this to make YOU guys happy. We recieve as many complaints as a fully-priced 60$ Boxed copy of the latest CoD. If you're not pleased with it, I'm sorry to hear that, but we'll keep trying to keep making our mod better and better. None of us have ever had any professional training with software, so I'm sorry our textures aren't AAA-Budget worthy. We WILL be improving textures, as well as models, but right now what you have is what you got.

Thanks for staying with the mod this long, I do appreciate it; I hope you'll continue to stay with us as we keep improving ourselves, and our product.

Finally a very mature response, yes... I will stay with the mod, and was planning to. I was simply trying to voice my concerns about the models. Not have children get mad and start telling me to fuck off.

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2013, 05:28:24 pm »
If I wasn't being watched I would most certainly leap for your trollbaiting.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2013, 05:30:55 pm »
If I wasn't being watched I would most certainly leap for your trollbaiting.

I'm not fucking trolling. Remove your childish thinking. Ffs, the more you go into, the more stupid you look. How many times do I have to voice that I was simply criticizing the models? You came at me with this stupid shit, if anything you're the one "trollbaiting." W/e the hell that is.

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2013, 05:34:19 pm »

Anyways, I'm done with this.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2013, 05:35:57 pm »
Totally unrelated meme comic? Good. It's about time you backed off from this. I think you realized that what you were doing was stupid.

On topic of the mod, will the next update actually have texture on the British uniforms? So, it's not just flat red and black?

Offline Flash

• Second Lieutenant
  • Bang On!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Flash
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2013, 05:40:26 pm »
It's always interesting to watch trolls try and justify themselves.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2013, 05:41:43 pm »

Another one? Wow.

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2013, 05:44:45 pm »

I know, they won't ever accept what they've done but always rather comically try and take the high ground.

I propose a toast dear Flash, to men who aren't afraid to speak their minds!

Offline Ardagh

• Sergeant Major
  • 1BnYLR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ardagh
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2013, 05:46:16 pm »
Guys, chill out, and get back on topic. This is a thread for Weapons and Units that are proposed to be used in the AZW Mod. This is not, in fact, a place to be squabbling about trolling and fighting.

Please return to the topic at hand, and if you wish to continue this, use the Private Messaging system so kindly provided by the forum owners.
-Anglo-Zulu War Community Manager (Developer)
-VCW Community Manager + Head Researcher (Developer)

Offline Hinkel

• Colonel
  • Confederate Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gen_Hinkel
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2013, 05:47:55 pm »
Fuck off you stupid little child. Though my trollsenses are tingling we are actually changing all of them to white just to differentiate them further from the 58th.

Fuck off. William's doing his best and he's improving every day.

P.S. Fuck off.

FUCK OFF!!!

This is not a good behaviour in this forum, James!

You should better watch for your words, or take the consequences, sorry.

+ watched

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2013, 05:53:45 pm »
Okay,I'm going to go catch up on some sleep and put my bad mood to bed.

Offline Shortshorts

• Major General
  • I love memes
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 60th_Lt_Shortshorts
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2013, 06:02:06 pm »
Totally unrelated meme comic? Good. It's about time you backed off from this. I think you realized that what you were doing was stupid.

On topic of the mod, will the next update actually have texture on the British uniforms? So, it's not just flat red and black?
A bit early to say, as my colleague has been trying to communicate, the abilities of the dev-team are very much a work in progress. Give it time, i presume that you'll see a lot more balance changes before any substantial visual improvements.

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2013, 06:06:21 pm »

There is already texture on the uniforms, turn your graphics settings up or get some glasses, i know it's not the best texture but it's a lie to say there is no texture at all. It's a cloth texture with noise and a bump map.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2013, 06:09:58 pm »

There is already texture on the uniforms, turn your graphics settings up or get some glasses, i know it's not the best texture but it's a lie to say there is no texture at all. It's a cloth texture with noise and a bump map.

Not on my game. It's just red, black, and biege for the helmet. Flat colors. The only texture is the cut and pasted rank epaulettes on the uniforms, and the Scottish Trews on the Scottish troops.