Author Topic: 30th Light Dragoons! (Recruiting) Na/Eu  (Read 4744 times)

Offline lolman1c

• Sergeant Major
  • Royal Engineers Commander and IE Dev
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
30th Light Dragoons! (Recruiting) Na/Eu
« on: September 22, 2013, 02:13:14 am »
Introduction
Hello my civil gentlemen/gentlewomen. I am Lolman, or Katy Smith on the field, and I am the Sgt. for the 30th Light Dragoons. We are a recently created English cavalry/line regiment for Napoleonic wars and I am pleased to announce this as our official "We are ready for you so lets have a jolly good time!"post. I am creating this for our Captain Gaines to show that our servers (team speak and the game) are fully operational and recruiting for our first line battle has began! We are small and will begin with line but once we grow to a good size and our gentlemen are fully trained we will move into cavalry. We know this is a large leap but all our officers are veterans of the game and will not even try cavalry until our members are giving us a bloody good show! Finally, our regiment is aimed at gentlemen/gentlewomen only! This means order but most importantly you are to have a spiffing good time!

History

The 30th Light Dragoons was created in October of 1794 by Sir John Craven Carden. Unfortunately the group never made it to the end of the century so never took part in any battles during the Napoleonic wars. Due to this the following history is fictional and written by us to give the group meaning in the napoleon universe.

In 1796 the 30th Light Dragoons nearly never saw the end of the century until Sir John Craven Carden, the gentle and heroic man he was, road 128 miles to london during the winters of February. Knowing he could not let is gentlemen down he demanded to see Prime-minister William Pitt.
   "You Sir! Did they not laugh at you when you became the youngest Prime-minster to lead our glories union! You Sir! Did you not pull through and allow your dreams to become a reality! You Sir! Did you not defy logic and go against the king himself!" With this powerful speech and his gentlemen charms the Prime-minister allowed for his humble regiment to continue but on the condition that he promised it would be a regiment for gentlemen and, in an unusual twist, the first regiment to allow a female to in role!
   "Katy Smith is her name. The manliest women I have ever seen! I know this is outside our preferences but the century is coming to an end and change is a must if we are to continue our golden age." The Prime-minister told Sir Carden. With a short amount of resistance Sir Carden reluctantly accepted as he knew he could not allow his gentle men down!

The Start Of The End

Years past and the men of the 30th Light dragoons worked hard to keep in good condition incase the great glorious country of England should ever go to war. As with Sir Carden the men put up a fight against Sgt. katy Smith but true to the Prime-ministers word she was more a man than any of them and they accepted her as their officer. The men eventually saw their first combat in Africa but due to insufficient numbers Sir Carden allowed the regiment to become cavalry and line. The men agreed because although they were above the common line man they could not stand by and see their country men taken out when they were not needed.
  After many long campaigns in many different conditions the 30th Light Dragoons were thrust into the decisive battle of Waterloo. Nothing could have compared them for the horrors that they saw. Katy, in her diary, writes "Constant firing, stopping only to let our horses past. Even they have now become afraid that the canons will not stop and leave us to a painful and bloody fate. All around us we see death and illness, we try to help were we can but even gentlemen can't stop the horrors of humans." The regiment fought on until the very last hours of the war! Until every last horse had died! Even when the group had formed a line against the french and fired their final lead balls they smiled and with Sir Cardens final speech...

"We die so that our country may live! But remember! Even if our blood shed will lead to nothing, know... That we died as gentlemen and not vicious dogs!" he lead his men with bayonets glinting with the bloody rain to their glorious death. With this final gentlemen scarifies the group faded away in history but with the knowledge that they did not stand back to allow their fellow Englishmen to die!   

Ranks

As we are new the ranks are cut down to make sure their are no complications or overload of officers. There will most likely be more later once the membership picks up.

Cpt.
Sgt.
Cpl.
Tptr. (trumpet)
Trp. (Trooper)
Rec.

How To Join us

We are both a Na and a Eu regiment as I am from England and our leader is from America. You may contact us at lolman1c (my steam) and Gaines2000 (his steam)

Teamspeak: ts55.gameservers.com:9460
Server: 30th Light Dragoons

« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 02:22:05 am by lolman1c »

Offline Jety Wawoo

• Second Lieutenant
  • Jety#3428
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jety
  • Side: Union
Re: 30th Light Dragoons! (Recruiting) Na/Eu
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 02:17:24 am »
Goodluck!  :D

Offline Hammerstout

• Major General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 03:40:09 am »
Lolman?

Offline Noodlenrice

• Major
  • King of Nam'
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st_Pte_Noodlenrice
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 05:22:38 am »
Good Luck

Offline Jorvasker

• Donator
  • 33rd_Fus_Jorvasker
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jorvasker
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 06:11:07 am »
Good Luck!

Regiment History:
Filthy Casual Publorde from May 2011 - Mid July 2012 / Early Services from July - November 2012, including 33rd, 63e, 1stCI / 1stFKI - November 2012 - April 2013 / Break from April 2013 - July 2013, with a short return to 63e from June until July / 1stEPI - July 2013 - January 2016 (Retired from game)

Offline Ryner

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 06:21:48 am »
Good luck!

Offline Nono

• Colonel
  • Eddie's smurf
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nono
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 10:01:26 am »
Good luck.  ;)

Offline Keita

• Major General
  • deco, mezzala, regista, guiniesta, picolas nepe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2013, 10:04:18 am »
Good luck
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci

Offline TheBaker

• Agent of Chaos
  • Captain
  • Leader of the 33rd Royal Horse Artillery
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Lt_TheBaker

Offline Syntax

• First Lieutenant
  • 사랑 - 행복 - 가족
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2013, 03:19:11 pm »
Best of luck!!!

Offline lolman1c

• Sergeant Major
  • Royal Engineers Commander and IE Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2013, 05:53:24 pm »
Good Luck

Yeah i'm back on the NW scene. I own my own flat now so have a lot of time on my hands. :) I thought I would give leading a try again as I was a Lt a led a line of like 30 men for half a year before join the 77y. :) I just enjoyed Arty so much at the time I never tried for a leading position.

Offline RisingSun_

• First Lieutenant
  • Mhhm Hum It's Jesus | Sweeeeg
    • View Profile
  • Nick: JEEESUS
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2013, 08:08:05 pm »
Good Luck!