Author Topic: Infanterie-Regiment "Hoch und Deutschmeister," Nr. 4 [NA-Recruiting]  (Read 17165 times)

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
  • Side: Union

We're a North American regiment, based in the Iron Europe mod (This is our NW counterpart), striving to provide a realistic and educational background to Napoleonic Wars and its mods. We focus on the company level, and will operate as such. We use authentic German/Austrian commands, speak in German where possible, use period-correct names, and generally try to portray our desired unit as best as we can. Call it, hmmm... virtual reenacting? We're looking for like-minded individuals, who are mature (no age requirement), that can be active to attend events and trainings, willing to better themselves, learn discipline, and create a good an educational atmosphere for new recruits into the unit. We want to portray the regiment to our best ability, but have as much fun as possible.

I. Kompanie, Fusilier-Truppen
Leutnant,
Feldwebel, Kai Petschulat
Zugsführer,
Kaporal,
Gefreiter,
Infanterist,
Rekrut,

In 1696 Franz-Ludwig, Count Palatine of the Rhein, Duke of Neuberg, authorized the "Hoch und Teutschmeister" regiment which was to be composed of three
battalions of foot, each of which would have four companies. This is considered to be the formal birth of the Hoch und Deutschmeister line, possibly the proudest
name in Imperial Austria's military history. The regiment was commanded by Prince Eugen in the victorious battle of Zenta. This helped to remove the Turkish
from Europe. The regiment also took part in the storming of Belgrade in 1717 and the attack on Kolin in the Seven Years War in 1757. In 1769, the regiment
was granted the number four (Nummer Vier/4 in German). Under the Emperor Josef II, the regiment became known as a House Regiment for
Wien (Vienna) and recruitment was concentrated in that city. The regiment was referred to as the the "Wiener Edelknaben" which translates to "Vienna Pages,"
the sons of the best families of Wien sought positions in the unit and members included archdukes and Imperial princes. In 1788, the regiment helped conquer
Belgrade and in 1790, Cetin. In the various wars with France, the regiment fought in more than ninety battles in twenty-five years. In the Wars of Liberation,
the regiment fought Napoleon at San Michele in 1813, at Mincio in 1814, at Valeggio in 1814, and finally carried its banner triumphantly through the streets
of Paris in 1815. The regiment was used in Hungary in 1849 to help crush the Hungarian revolt, and fought at Koeniggsgrätz in 1866 when Prussia defeated
Austria. In 1897, the band of the regiment traveled to the United States for the St. Louis Exposition where it was received with great acclaim. During
the Second World War, the regiment was changed numerically and was attached to the Zweite Reichs-Grenadier-Division (2nd Imperial Grenadiers) as Infanterie-
Regiment, Nummer 134. It participated in the Nazi take over of France in 1940. In 1941-1942, the regiment was moved to the Eastern Front to assist the 6th
Front Army in Operation Barbarossa. During the Siege of Stalingard, over four hundred men in the regiment were killed or captured by the Russians. After the
war, less than thirteen percent of the regiment had survived. The regiment was reconstituted into the Austrian Guard and was renamed "Infanterie Regiment
(Hoch und Deutschmeister)." To this day, the regiment remains an elite unit in Austria. Its band is known as one of the top military bands in the world.

Still W.I.P.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 10:08:27 pm by kpetschulat »

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Loyal Lusitanian Legion (NA Light Infantry/Artillery)
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 09:52:36 pm »

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 09:55:02 pm »
Hmmm... I do very much appreciate your offer. I might borrow a couple of things from your post, for it'll cut some time off of making this thread. Thank you very much, hon.  ;)

Offline InfamousBeats

• Colonel
  • Groupfighting Admin | 10/10 IGN: Would bang...
    • View Profile
    • Enlist into the 63ème Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne
  • Nick: 63e_Conseilleur_Infamous
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 09:55:47 pm »
Good luck, loving the thread so far xD

Offline Joker

• Donator
  • Face it Bats, you'd be lost without me
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 88th_Major_Joker
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 09:56:17 pm »
Goodluck, A great unit!

Offline Sleek

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 09:58:01 pm »
Good luck Petschue!
Quote from: Theodin
Sleek somehow only attacks when he’s successfully pulled a dude away and his team is coming to help - as in, the most reasonable time to continue blocking

Sleek plays like he's underwater - slow

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2013, 09:59:45 pm »
Thanks, thanks... and, thanks. This'll be my first time, since NW was released, that I'm trying my hand at a regiment, more like a company and a detachment. This is just so I can get back into NW. I figured, the Loyal Lusitanian Legion is fucking badass, I studied them many years ago in HS for a history project, figured since it's light infantry/artillery, it doesn't need an overabundance of players to be successful.

Offline Syntax

• First Lieutenant
  • 사랑 - 행복 - 가족
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2013, 10:21:45 pm »
Good luck with the Reg and the thread

Offline Jelly

• Colonel
  • Formerly of 1stKDG, 60th, 1erChas, K-KA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2013, 10:23:19 pm »
Good luck!

Offline Brock

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2013, 11:20:50 pm »
Hope to see you around and good luck!

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2013, 11:32:56 pm »
Thread is fully made. Short, sweet, to the point, just the way I like to make 'em.  8)

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2013, 12:24:58 am »
Good luck, sexy thread!  ;)
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline Drew

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Drew
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2013, 12:53:15 am »
Simple thread, but I love it. Best of luck!

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2013, 12:58:08 am »
Thank you, guys.

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2013, 05:54:20 am »
Looks good, have fun.