Author Topic: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord  (Read 25936 times)

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
« Reply #450 on: January 12, 2017, 09:47:13 am »
Bannerlord is apparently not coming any time soon: http://www.pcgamer.com/mount-blade-2-bannerlord-creators-give-update-on-development-progress/
Probably for the best, quality takes time after all. I ain't impatient for a rushed release.
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline Audiate

• Detective
  • Major General
  • First Plebeian with a Custom Title
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
« Reply #451 on: January 12, 2017, 10:17:37 am »
A lack of release date doesn't mean a release isn't anywhere close. It could be coming within the next few months, all depending on how quickly progress is made. Remember: time =/= quality; there's absolutely no true relation. A man can paint a masterpiece in a few minutes while another paints a piece of shit over the span of several years. Same with books, same with movies, same with music, same with anything. As long as everything goes well and there's minimal interruptions, Bannerlord can come out pretty quickly.

That said, don't get too hung up on these games. There's plenty of amazing games out there and you're robbing yourself of them by focusing on NW, BCoF, Bannerlord, WoR, etc.
480% original grandma

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: January 13, 2017, 01:44:11 am »
A lack of release date doesn't mean a release isn't anywhere close. It could be coming within the next few months, all depending on how quickly progress is made. Remember: time =/= quality; there's absolutely no true relation. A man can paint a masterpiece in a few minutes while another paints a piece of shit over the span of several years. Same with books, same with movies, same with music, same with anything. As long as everything goes well and there's minimal interruptions, Bannerlord can come out pretty quickly.

That said, don't get too hung up on these games. There's plenty of amazing games out there and you're robbing yourself of them by focusing on NW, BCoF, Bannerlord, WoR, etc.
True about time and quality, maybe Taleworlds will surprise everyone with some significant news soonTM, but I would not want to put more pressure on Taleworlds. Many users on the Internet just beg and ask for a release date, countless times. They want the game right now but according to the recent development news (from PC Gamer) it is still too early to talk about the features many users want, like multiplayer info and co-op. If the PR guy says it is still too early to talk about the good stuff, that's it for now.

I'm not too focused on these games and every single update, if Bannerlord releases this year or the next, great. I have a lot of patience and bide the majority of time based on priority. I happily oblige to reply and it keeps the thread 'active' instead of forgotten.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 01:50:50 am by usnavy30 »
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.