Having been founded in late October of 2012 by a police officer named Cop, the Thursday NA Line-Battle has been around for some time. This line-battle event will be hosted every Thursday at 8pm EST on Thundersnows_Events (Thanks to Thunder for letting me use the server. Bluefang hosts the server so please check them out!). The battle will consist of two maps where the team with the best 2 of 3 will win the map, at the end of the 2nd map a fun round or 3rd custom map may be used pending admin decision. This is to create a quick game-play with short rounds, that way regiments involved will get more playtime with shorter rounds. In other words, less waiting and more fighting.
Expectation & Ruleset
Regiment leaders will join the administration teamspeak (ts.22nd.eu). At 7:50pm EST the server info will be handed out to the regiment leaders present.General Expectations:
Officers and NCOs are responsible for enforcing the event rules within their ranks. Failure to do so will result in the entire regiment being punished. All regiments must agree that they understand and intend to follow the event rules before they are allowed to attend. Violation of any written event rule will result in an automatic slay. This is your warning. Postponing defeat will result in an automatic slay.
For the following numbers, officers are included in the maximum/minimum; You must be able to provide the minimum for a specialty role.Line Infantry
- Must fire in formation, when a charge is called; stop loading and do not use any shots.
- May only crouch if not engaged by enemy units.
- May not join artillery crew as defenders unless destroyed.
- If joining after destruction, must form lines with other units.
- Cavalry charges result in a melee, combat rules apply.
|Light Infantry (8 min/ 15 max) |
- If soldier count drops below 3 men, finish charge or retreat to a friendly line
- Must fire in formation (1-2 man spacing)
- May not fire on the charge
- May crouch at any time
Riflemen (8 min /13 max)
- If troop count falls below 3, must join friendly unit or continue a charge.
- Must fire while in skirmish order (3-5 man spacing)
- May crouch at all times and benefit from cover.
- May not fire out of formation, keep it consistent and stick together.
| ||Cavalry (8 min/ 15 max)|
- Must maintain a formation, may it be blob or organized (line or column)
- When in a charge, the regiment must focus on a single group at once unless targeting a clump of many units.
- Dragoon cavalry is prohibited (except British), dismounted musket cavalry acts as line infantry.
- Cavalry troopers are forced dismounted at 3 or less men if they are not already in combat.
Artillery (6 min/ 12 max)
- Must have a howitzer and regular cannon.
- May have guards (Any infantry unit), may have a sapper (meaning one only)
- A total of 5 dedicated guardsmen may be stationed and may fire within 10 paces of an active battery
- Artillery batteries may take refugees but the number of skirmish-like guards will never exceeded 5.
- Should more than 5 homeless soldiers end up at artillery, form a militia line.
- Artillery is allowed to retreat from a battery to seek shelter in enemy guns, do not rambo with this.
The administration TS will be running 15 minutes before 8, so feel free to contact me via TS. The administration Teamspeak is ts.22nd.eu
. Always check the topic before asking a question, we can help with clarification! Make sure you are at least 10 minutes early for the server information. We are not looking for administrators, due to the fact that the server is used for many events.
Steam contacts, you and a second contact must have them added.NB: Thundersnow is an admin but does not organize