Author Topic: 33rd Public Siege Server [33rd_NW_Siege] - Soon..  (Read 244874 times)

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: 33rd Regiment of Foot - Public Siege Server [33rd_NW_Siege]
« Reply #255 on: May 08, 2013, 05:22:19 pm »
Well in my opinion, the walls that take like.. 10 minutes to break through are a bit poo, then again, they're fair.. If you could find a wall that takes a bit less time to break down and gives the attackers that upper hand where they can destroy more then one wall. Atm on some maps it takes about 10 mins to destroy one wall and others you can destroy the whole fort. :P

Also, you should take map ideas, like drawings and shit, make them ect.. :P

One fort is stronger then the other, and i'll keep my mind to that :p. I just noticed people prefer custom and lower made walls so I was wondering, and I never work by paintings or so, or just by a picture of a fort still excisting that I make or from a movie or I just start mapping and I just build till I think It is good :)
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline nicknick12

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nicholas
  • Side: Union
« Reply #256 on: May 09, 2013, 02:11:46 am »
Gurka do you love Emma Stone? :P
Cavalry Groupfighting Admin NA/EU

Offline MrSt3fan

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Col_MrSt3fan
« Reply #257 on: May 09, 2013, 02:35:23 am »
Blitz told me how to upload his maps to a server so I will try it tomorrow,  if it wirns and his mapa are good we'll be getting some new maps in short notice

Offline Stevebot

• First Sergeant
  • Master of the NZ 250 ping to every server
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SteveBot
« Reply #258 on: May 09, 2013, 03:06:50 am »
Hey guys, I was playing in the server tonight, and it was a lot of fun. Just a couple of issues. Firstly, despite there being over 100 people in the server, there was no admin. You can imagine the problems this caused. I understand it was due to to the fact that it was 1:30am in the UK, which is understandable. I might suggest a simple solution: recruit some admins in the US and NZ/AUS areas, so you have admins round-the-clock. (And if you ever decide to do this, I'd like to throw my hat in the ring. I have ~250 hours of Napoleonic Wars experience, have belonged in 2 regiments and am a current and active admin on the generals_at_war commander battles server, also I live in New Zealand so it helps cover the time zone issues).

Also I have some trolls to report that ruined a couple of maps tonight by stealing the attackers artillery and pulling it into the water. They were also teamkilling, and attacking any artilleryman trying to use a cannon. Attached are their names and screenshots of their activities (you can see them at the bottom of the defenders table).
"Kiss my ass and my anus, 'cause it's finally famous"- Nicki Minaj

Offline MrSt3fan

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 09, 2013, 12:51:38 pm »
We are looking for active NA admins, we have a couple now but we need more so if you can fill in the application we will discuss you as admin.

Thanks for reporting the trolls ! I will have a look at the logs and log ban them

Offline El_Presidente

• Colonel
  • David
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 09, 2013, 02:01:01 pm »
Hey guys, I was playing in the server tonight, and it was a lot of fun. Just a couple of issues. Firstly, despite there being over 100 people in the server, there was no admin. You can imagine the problems this caused. I understand it was due to to the fact that it was 1:30am in the UK, which is understandable. I might suggest a simple solution: recruit some admins in the US and NZ/AUS areas, so you have admins round-the-clock. (And if you ever decide to do this, I'd like to throw my hat in the ring. I have ~250 hours of Napoleonic Wars experience, have belonged in 2 regiments and am a current and active admin on the generals_at_war commander battles server, also I live in New Zealand so it helps cover the time zone issues).

Also I have some trolls to report that ruined a couple of maps tonight by stealing the attackers artillery and pulling it into the water. They were also teamkilling, and attacking any artilleryman trying to use a cannon. Attached are their names and screenshots of their activities (you can see them at the bottom of the defenders table).

I think I was the last admin on last night, left at 12:30am (GMT+0). So yeah, some Austrilasian/NA admins would be good.

Offline The Nutty Pig

• Donator
  • It wasn't easy being cheesy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 09, 2013, 06:32:02 pm »
Yeah, good idea

Offline tacticalretreat

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 09, 2013, 09:47:38 pm »
Nickname: 3rdFG_Gdm_Tacticalretreat
Steam name:tacticalretreat
Why?: I have been on the server regularly and enjoy the maps, I do at times notice trolling where there is no admins to resolve the issue, I feel I could contribute to fixing the never ending problem of trolls to create a fun gaming enviorment
How active on the server: quiet often
Previous administration experience: -
Who can vouch for you?: I'm pretty well known around you guys, you can ask people like Pride, Jezza (3rdFG). But I'm quiet sure you know me well enough

P.s. Gurkha I hope the whole ensign thing is forgiven blame leo he forced me to do it
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 11:42:15 am by tacticalretreat »

Offline Gurkha

• Lieutenant General
  • Former 33rd LtCol
    • View Profile
    • Official 33rd Regiment of Foot Website
  • Nick: Gurkha
  • Side: Union
« Reply #263 on: May 09, 2013, 11:04:28 pm »
A new siege map was added tonight, "Citadelle de Bitche" this Map made by Blitz_craig. Thanks to him for giving us permission to use this map.  :-*

Offline MrSt3fan

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 09, 2013, 11:14:07 pm »
Another good day on our siege server :D

Offline The Nutty Pig

• Donator
  • It wasn't easy being cheesy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 09, 2013, 11:19:10 pm »
Yep, apart from sappers trapping people in at spawn

Offline Stevebot

• First Sergeant
  • Master of the NZ 250 ping to every server
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SteveBot
« Reply #266 on: May 09, 2013, 11:24:34 pm »
Alright here's an application in the proper format for you guys, let me know if I've missed anything

Nickname: [GEN]Rec_SteveBot
Steam name:KiwiMunter
Why?: Living in New Zealand means I'm often active on the server when others aren't. As mentioned above, often when I play there will be still over 100 people on the server with no admins, causing quite a few issues. I am experienced in Napoleonic Wars, having been in 2 Australian regiments and logging ~330 hours of gameplay.
Previous administration experience: I am an active admin on the popular Generals_At_War commander battle server
Who can vouch for you?: [GEN]_Hornsby is the head admin in the Generals_At_War server, but I know few people based in Europe due to the fact I've never joined a regiment there.
"Kiss my ass and my anus, 'cause it's finally famous"- Nicki Minaj

Offline QueenDani

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 11thRifles_Cpt_Muffin
« Reply #267 on: May 09, 2013, 11:57:31 pm »
Nickname: 11thRifles_Cpt_Muffin
Steam name:11thmuffin
Why?: I am a well known, friendly but firm admin, who has dealt firmly with the like of tkrs before and can handle tough situations, i would bring peace and order to your server if you will just make me an admin.
Previous administration experience: I am an active admin on the popular 11th rifles server
Who can vouch for you?: Several regulars on both here and napoleanic wars

Offline El_Presidente

• Colonel
  • David
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 10, 2013, 01:16:35 am »
Why?: I am a well known, friendly but firm admin, who has dealt firmly with the like of tkrs before and can handle tough situations, i would bring peace and order to your server if you will just make me an admin.
Previous administration experience: I am an active admin on the popular 11th rifles server

When I've been on the server, I haven't seen you that much - not meaning to be rude.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 01:20:11 am by El_Presidente »

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 10, 2013, 01:18:16 am »

I think you are not in the position of becoming admin. I guess you are being denied. Thankyou for applying though.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 01:21:07 am by Dekkers »
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"