Author Topic: Battle of the Alamo  (Read 10278 times)

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Battle of the Alamo
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2015, 12:18:42 pm »
What map are you replacing this with?
I'm currently working on perfecting the current Alamo map.

Sorry for the lack of updates guys, I've been very sick and basically bedridden the last 2/3 days.
I hope you feel better soon, the Alamo map from a way-back event was always a blast to play on. To defend and assault the fort was exhilarating.
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline Brookesy

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Owen
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2015, 12:24:44 pm »
What map are you replacing this with?
I'm currently working on perfecting the current Alamo map.

Sorry for the lack of updates guys, I've been very sick and basically bedridden the last 2/3 days.
I hope you feel better soon, the Alamo map from a way-back event was always a blast to play on. To defend and assault the fort was exhilarating.

I find your use of vocabulary disturbing

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2015, 05:25:36 pm »
But highly intriguing, I hope you feel better and the map looks amazing enough! I would be happy to help anyway I can, from testing it to actually.. *gulp* mapping, I was never a patient person..

Offline Arkansan

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2015, 02:06:58 pm »
Thanks for the get wells, I'm feeling much better! I haven't been posting new pics because.. well.. the fort itself is almost done! ;D Some things should be a surprise! All I can say is the Alamo is well known for a REASON. ;)
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Hinkel

• Board Moderator
  • Confederate Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gen_Hinkel
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2015, 02:51:10 pm »
I CAN'T wait ! :D

It should get updated on the UA Siege server then! :)
And on all other servers too, of course

Offline Tyrionpk

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA Tyrion
  • Side: Union
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2015, 03:19:06 pm »
I CAN'T wait ! :D

It should get updated on the UA Siege server then! :)
And on all other servers too, of course

Map does look awesome indeed!

Would very much like to use on our siege server if permitted :-*

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2015, 08:06:41 pm »
pls finish soon 4 cookie

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2015, 08:09:12 pm »
The first Alamo film was one of my favorites ever, so nice to see this map.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Arkansan

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2015, 08:30:04 pm »
pls finish soon 4 cookie
hmmm... what kind of cookie?? ;D

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2015, 10:28:16 pm »
Any kind of cookie you want <3

Offline Arkansan

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2015, 07:21:52 pm »
Ok yall, I'm releasing a test version. This will give me time to complete the Foreign Intervention spawn and work out any bugs so the final will be much better!
Here is the download link, remember it still isn't fully finished. Have fun and please post any suggestions/problems here. Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 04:47:47 am by Arkansan »

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2015, 09:26:51 pm »
Will test it on my server, <3

27thAL_Official

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2015, 09:43:53 pm »
Sorry for the double post, but I was taking a quick look around the map, and there is only one thing I do not like right of the bat.

Immediately, I see ladders which cannot be put up or down, but the kind that are static and do not move. I do not like these, as its to easy for the Attacker to push on the ladder and overwhelm the fort. I get its trying to be realistic I guess, but in the end its siege map, and the rounds aren't going to last very long.. heh
One of the Ladder Points, along with multiple others.
Spoiler
[close]

With those ladders there, it would be useless to the Defenders to use this nice feature:
Spoiler
[close]
As the attackers can just climb the wall on those multiple ladders, and easily pick off the Defenders in that area.

This I do like, I haven't tested weather you can hop over the cart or not, but sappers may be able to get in and place planks, to get over it which is awesome, then they can break the door!
Spoiler
[close]

Yet Again, 2 more ladder spots..

Spoiler

[close]

From what I've tested so far, its a great map, little bugs, Haven't tested the spawning thoroughly, but I can try to get a few people on sometime and have a fun siege :D, The map is on my server, free for testing if anyone wishes to come on, its 27thAL_Official and its on siege, if you haven't tested the map  ::)

Offline Arkansan

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2015, 12:21:47 am »
Immediately, I see ladders which cannot be put up or down, but the kind that are static and do not move. I do not like these, as its to easy for the Attacker to push on the ladder and overwhelm the fort. I get its trying to be realistic I guess, but in the end its siege map, and the rounds aren't going to last very long.. heh
One of the Ladder Points, along with multiple others.
Spoiler
[close]
I used these ladders because they look the most pleasing honestly. I believe there are a total of 8 ladders, 6 of which are on the north and west walls. Being that it was the hardest hit, it will for sure receive the most defenders. You'll also notice the defenders have plenty of cannons. I haven't added any for the FI yet, though I am considering a howitzer or 2.

With those ladders there, it would be useless to the Defenders to use this nice feature:
Spoiler
[close]
As the attackers can just climb the wall on those multiple ladders, and easily pick off the Defenders in that area.
The whole purpose of those areas is to shoot the guys going for the ladders along the wall and maybe some extra gate security.

This I do like, I haven't tested weather you can hop over the cart or not, but sappers may be able to get in and place planks, to get over it which is awesome, then they can break the door!
Spoiler
[close]
You can jump it, though i can see it being a deathtrap XD

Yet Again, 2 more ladder spots..
Spoiler

[close]
I thought about adding more since it was the hardest hit wall.

From what I've tested so far, its a great map, little bugs, Haven't tested the spawning thoroughly, but I can try to get a few people on sometime and have a fun siege :D, The map is on my server, free for testing if anyone wishes to come on, its 27thAL_Official and its on siege, if you haven't tested the map  ::)
Thank you very much for the review. I'm really hoping to hear back from some events on it and see how it goes. You'll notice that the north/west walls are almost doomed. It is meant to be this way due to being historically the weakest and where the Mexicans broke in. But if you look, you can see multiple places for defenders to hole up, including the barracks, courtyard, and the church itself. I don't view sieges as something defenders should always win. Who wants to lay siege to something that will ruin their army. Most sieges fought were done so because the attackers knew they would win. That being said, the Alamo is well known for a reason. The Mexicans paid dearly for it, as I'm hoping will be the outcome here.

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2015, 05:20:42 am »
Had a fun siege on the server today with a few people! Thanks to all who showed up!