Author Topic: Admin Abuse from participants unknown.  (Read 12231 times)

Offline Skyz

• Second Lieutenant
  • The Hour Kills the Patient
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Admin Abuse from participants unknown.
« on: March 28, 2013, 02:58:20 am »
This is all you need from 84e.
Other shit happened from James Stewart and some other people.

It was on NA 1
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 03:21:44 am by Deofuta »

Offline Fields

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
Re: Admin Abuse from 84e, 91st, 92nd, etc.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 03:02:56 am »
Yep, only server I play on and they permabanned a bunch of people...including me. No reason at all but a group of people were abusing admin, possibly hacked it. Doubt I'll be unbanned. This blows...

Offline McEwan

• Brigadier General
  • "McEwok" "McScrubwin" "ManJewban" "McWeewan"
    • View Profile
    • Marins de la Garde Impériale on Enjin!
  • Nick: IXe[Marins]_McEwan
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 03:05:29 am »
Locked until investigation is completed.

Kielbasa!

Offline Blobmania

• Major
  • Damn Sexy.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Blobmania
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 03:11:12 am »
We're currently investigating this issue. Rest assured that those responsible will be dealt with, and those people who've been banned in this episode will be unbanned as a priority.

Regards,

Blob
Spoiler
[close]

If a cat sits in a box in the woods and no-one is around to hear it, is it alive?

Offline Deofuta

• Captain
  • 1stEPI_Fw_Deofuta
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 03:11:46 am »
Hello Folks!

Through either current or ex administrators, the administrative password was released to certain individuals. These individuals assumed the tags you saw and came onto the server, and immediately began abusing. The servers were promptly shut down and restarted with new administrative passwords. As far as I can tell, the servers should now be secure. I removed all bans that were placed by the fake administrators. If you are still unable to connect to the server let me know.

Thanks, sorry for the momentary interruption in game play.

As of now I can give no accurate statement as to who it was that did this. I highly doubt that anyone would be ignorant enough to do this with their own tags, especially when the regiments you list have been at each others throats for some time. Because of this I have altered the title heading to reflect the reality of the situation.

Thread unlocked, feel free to discuss the ramifications. I will be launching an investigation to determine the ones who did this. I'll let everyone know my findings when I get them.

My last statement. I am incredibly disappointed in whichever administrator or ex administrator decided to comprise their integrity to launch this silly scheme. When I find the person responsible, I will be sure to report your name and actions to the community, as well as any server owner who would care to add your ID's to their banlists. We take our players enjoyment very seriously, and to tread on something that you volunteered to protect is loathsome.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 03:22:07 am by Deofuta »

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
Re: Admin Abuse from participants unknown.
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 03:23:26 am »
Who ever did this should be community banned.

- Side note.

Offline Deofuta

• Captain
  • 1stEPI_Fw_Deofuta
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 03:26:57 am »
Who ever did this should be community banned.

- Side note.

As the community manager, that is hopefully something I can try to accomplish.

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 03:27:43 am »
I was on the server when it happened and immediately talked to Tavington (the real 91st_Col_James_Stewart) and Aldemar (the real 84e_Col-Aldemar) if they were on the server which both denied. Since none of they was in game at the time I am pretty sure it were impersonators.

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 03:30:39 am »
I was immediately messaged after the incident by Tavington regarding "If I like smelly vagina" a reference that was thrown at me in the incident. He then was seen in spec in NA 1 after the reset then promptly left. During this time he entered the 60th teamspeak and was harrasing members before a ban. Through his short steam conversation he claimed that "I am a troll". I see nothing but a direct correlation and ban on all official servers indefinitely.

Offline Fields

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 03:31:27 am »
Thanks for the quick response.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 03:34:22 am »
I was immediately messaged after the incident by Tavington regarding "If I like smelly vagina" a reference that was thrown at me in the incident. He then was seen in spec in NA 1 after the reset then promptly left. During this time he entered the 60th teamspeak and was harrasing members before a ban. Through his short steam conversation he claimed that "I am a troll". I see nothing but a direct correlation and ban on all official servers indefinitely.

Please think about what you're saying before you take the time to type out drivel like that. How does him insulting you have anything to do with him mass-banning people on NA1? And why would he go onto NA_1 with his tags directly after the server reset? That makes no sense whatsoever and it sounds to me like you're just overly anxious to see him banned.

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2013, 03:37:36 am »
Here's some things that further support my claim

• Banned from the forums, hates FSE
  • Had EU ping
  • Messaged me immediately after the reset with nothing but troll intentions.

I'm not trying to overly anxious try to have him banned, I'm describing the punishment for the offenders. And an offender I would believe to be Tavington.

Offline Getty

• Major
  • Leader of the Nr9.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr9_Oberst_Getty
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2013, 03:39:20 am »
I think we are all agreed a public hanging is in order!

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2013, 03:41:26 am »
There are hundreds of people who hate FSE and live in the EU area. And him messaging you is probably unrelated. I hope you don't think you're a special snowflake because he sent you an insulting message. Overall pretty weak evidence.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 03:43:45 am by Nipplestockings »

Offline Blobmania

• Major
  • Damn Sexy.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Blobmania
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2013, 03:42:26 am »
We have ways to track down the offender, despite the fact that they seem to have used a new game key (£10 simply to troll? Really?). Once we've ascertained who it was, we'll let you all know. Until then, however, there is no use to throwing accusations at one another.

Until you know for certain who actually did this, I'd appreciate it if we could all stick to discussing the incident itself, and not speculating on the perpetrator. If you've got any solid evidence regarding this issue, please send it to either myself of Deofuta, and we'll see it gets dealt with.

Regards,

Blobmania "The Badmin"
FSE Moderation Staff
Spoiler
[close]

If a cat sits in a box in the woods and no-one is around to hear it, is it alive?