Author Topic: Admin Abuse from participants unknown.  (Read 12226 times)

Offline Jacob

• Alpha Tester
  • Back after a long long time away :)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jacob
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Admin Abuse from participants unknown.
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2013, 09:53:20 pm »
... After reading over, I have come to the conclusion that we all have some community issues that we need to take care of. It was depressing to read over the accusations when it's obvious if you have read a mystery book or fable, IT'S NEVER WHO YOU WOULD THINK IT IS. I know I was #puzzled when I read Megaberna's name, I thought he was a good guy.  :(

The key word there is thought :P

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2013, 09:58:06 pm »
Why are people legitimately getting upset about this? Are you guys actually mad enough to hate Megaberna after this? Surly you understand how small of a deal this is? I personally had a good laugh.

Offline Beep_Beep_im_a_Jeep

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • Steam
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2013, 10:06:03 pm »
Why are people legitimately getting upset about this? Are you guys actually mad enough to hate Megaberna after this? Surly you understand how small of a deal this is? I personally had a good laugh.
And here I was thinking my humor was bad

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2013, 10:10:40 pm »

Ofcourse you find that funny, you are in the 15e  ::) It's natural that you try to defend and play down their actions.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 10:12:32 pm by Hadhod »

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2013, 10:19:33 pm »

Ofcourse you find that funny, you are in the 15e  ::) It's natural that you try to defend and play down their actions.

It's not even that it was funny. It's more about how everyone is getting up-and-arms about this like it's the holocaust. Even if you don't find it humorous, you can still surely admit that it wasn't that big of a deal? Even if I wasn't associated with the 15e I still wouldn't give a shit, because it's about the smallest thing in the world that could happen.

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2013, 10:30:35 pm »

It's not even that it was funny. It's more about how everyone is getting up-and-arms about this like it's the holocaust. Even if you don't find it humorous, you can still surely admit that it wasn't that big of a deal? Even if I wasn't associated with the 15e I still wouldn't give a shit, because it's about the smallest thing in the world that could happen.

The thing is, what they did was not right. They did it not only because they wanted to randomly ban people but to ruin some regiment's reputation, else they wouldn't have joined under the names of leaders of the big regiments. It is not funny because people who paid for the game were banned, and it cause some trouble for admins to unban them.
All in all it was completely immature, childish and unneccessary.

Offline Affjoris

• First Lieutenant
  • Watch out! He has a stick!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Affjoris
  • Side: Union
« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2013, 04:02:53 am »
The argument "not a big deal" doesn't really apply here. The official servers are hosted and paid for by fse for the community so that they may play on it. Its not there so that your 15e friends can have some fun for themselves by taking away the ability to play on a server for no other reason then for their own entertainment. Claiming we react to this as if it was the holocaust is a stupid and futhermore unnecairy statement. We react to this with disgust and shun those responsible. Why you ask? Because on these forums and on the official servers there is no place for people who enjoy themselfs by harassing or hindering others to play the game they paid for. Not handling this situation would be stupid, as it would work the same way in the real world. If you would sell cakes for full price claiming that it is a whole cake, but when people would open the box there would only be half a cake in there, you would get punished for that. Seeing as we cant really force you to pay a sum for your misbehavior, we will just have to do with community bann. I don't see how you can not agree with that, but I'm sure you will find a way.

Edit: Some spelling mistakes and grammer.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 03:43:18 pm by Affjoris »

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2013, 02:03:17 pm »
The argument "not a big deal" doesnt really apply here. The official servers are hosted and paid for by fse for the community so that they may play on it. Its not there so that your 15e friends can have some fun for themselfes by taking away the ability to play on a server for no other reason then for their own entertainment. Claiming we reacte to this as if it was the holocaust is a stupid and futhermore unnecairy statement. We react to this with disgust and shun those responseble. Why you ask? Because on these forums and on the official servers there is no place for people who enjoy themselfs by harrasing or hindering others to play the game they paid for. Not handeling this situation would be stupid, as it would work the same way in the real world. If you would cakes for full price claiming that it is a whole cake, but when people open the box there would only be half a cake there, you would get punished for that. Seeing as we cant really force you to pay a sum for your misbehaivior, we will just have to do with community bann. I dont see how you can not agree with that, but im sure you will find a way.

Well said mate.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2013, 06:31:01 pm »
The argument "not a big deal" doesn't really apply here. The official servers are hosted and paid for by fse for the community so that they may play on it. Its not there so that your 15e friends can have some fun for themselves by taking away the ability to play on a server for no other reason then for their own entertainment. Claiming we react to this as if it was the holocaust is a stupid and futhermore unnecairy statement. We react to this with disgust and shun those responsible. Why you ask? Because on these forums and on the official servers there is no place for people who enjoy themselfs by harassing or hindering others to play the game they paid for. Not handling this situation would be stupid, as it would work the same way in the real world. If you would sell cakes for full price claiming that it is a whole cake, but when people would open the box there would only be half a cake in there, you would get punished for that. Seeing as we cant really force you to pay a sum for your misbehavior, we will just have to do with community bann. I don't see how you can not agree with that, but I'm sure you will find a way.

Edit: Some spelling mistakes and grammer.

I can understand why they got banned, which would probably have happened in any game or community. I do not see why people who had no connection to the incident and were just hearing about it are acting disgusted and upset. Like I said before, even if you don't find this funny whatsoever, why would you actually get mad about it?

I might also add that I had this same attitude before I found out the 15e were involved, and nothing changed once I was informed. It's not a big deal. At all.

Offline Affjoris

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2013, 06:41:19 pm »
Lets take the liberty to say that with "No connection to the incident" you meant that they where not directly involved ( as we are all indirectly involved with this issue, as it happened in the community we are all part of ).
Now lets use my cake example again:
So the guy is selling those half cakes, and people are using their money to buy them. Later they figured out that the guy is scamming them and that are upset that the guy basically took their money from them. Now i am an outsider to all of this, and learn about these true the local news channel. I would be disgusted by the actions of this man, because he is taking more money then he should, only for his own gain.

This of course could be applied to a lot worse examples, but we will keep it at cakes for now.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2013, 06:49:09 pm »
Lets take the liberty to say that with "No connection to the incident" you meant that they where not directly involved ( as we are all indirectly involved with this issue, as it happened in the community we are all part of ).
So the guy is selling those half cakes, and people are using their money to buy them. Later they figured out that the guy is scamming them and that are upset that the guy basically took their money from them. Now i am an outsider to all of this, and learn about these true the local news channel. I would be disgusted by the actions of this man, because he is taking more money then he should, only for his own gain.

This of course could be applied to a lot worse examples, but we will keep it at cakes for now.

Actually, I would put the analogy more like this: A scammer salesman is having a good day scamming all his customers, but then a naughty group of people come down and smash his stand and make his "happy" customers mad. Then his customers defend him because they're so far deep into the scam that they don't even know it. Tada!

Offline Affjoris

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2013, 07:03:19 pm »

Actually, I would put the analogy more like this: A scammer salesman is having a good day scamming all his customers, but then a naughty group of people come down and smash his stand and make his "happy" customers mad. Then his customers defend him because they're so far deep into the scam that they don't even know it. Tada!
Is that the best counter argument you could come up with? Thats stupid even for you.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 31, 2013, 07:49:22 pm »

Is that the best counter argument you could come up with? Thats stupid even for you.

It's wasn't really meant to be a counter argument. By the way, your analogy made just as little sense as mine. It's all a matter of perspective.

Offline Crusader

• First Lieutenant
  • EU Senior Admin of NW, Saturday Linebattle Hoster
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 52nd_King_Adminborn_Crusader
« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2013, 09:47:42 pm »
Enough both of you, allow me to shine some light on this,

All 4 of the people involved were banned. By the sounds of it you beleive they were banned for simply spreading the admin password, impersonating regimental leaders, and using racist, homophobic slurs and insults on the servers.

Allow me to take each of these reasons and break them down even further,

Admin password - simply put, Megaberna was an ex-admin of the servers, aye a good  one at that, yet there is no proof he spread the admin password, he denies it, yet the obvious suspicion and coincidence of it is there, not only that but he has trolled these and TW forums for the past few months. Now imagine if that password had been spread further, how much trouble would that have caused if say a third or a quarter of the people on the server did what those 4 did, thats the implication of it. The admin password is a sense of 'power' and with that comes great responsibility, and thats why there is such a small select group of admins, the implicaiton is the abuse that could come with that power if the pass went any further.

Impersonating regiment leaders - impersonating any regiment member, or any regiment by using their tags was already against the rules, however seeing as the select leaders that were impersonated have always been quite infuential and have (mostly) had a good reputation throughout their MM/NW career. Now they purposefully chose these names to slander them and wipe as much diirt on their names as possible to purposefully create a lynching squad for these 4 members of the community, i read posts saying why would player x do this, what a **** etc etc. As you can see they did this because they diidnt like them and just to stir things up again to create another one of these petty revolutions.

Insults - You can work this one out for yourself. Simple.

Now, you take all three of these mixed with the other crap they began and you get a simple fact. These guys do not like FSE for mixed reasons and you can read Megaberna's posts and im sure that will explain it all for you.

Yet the main issue with this was the fact they chose to do this in the middle of the steam sale, where any new players would see the 'official' admins (not hard to research background checks on the names) abusing their powers, trolling, and just being dicks. Now those new players go out and tell their friends which then spread it further, im sure you can see the implications. The purpose was to not troll but to shine bad light upon FSE and throw dirt at them. Now bad news always sticks to anyone and travels faster than good news. If this had have gotten out of hand then people would see FSE and remember 'the admin incident' and then consumer trust drops, etc etc.

So work these things out, look at the underlying reasons and then you will actually understand things.

Nipple that is the principle of the cake thing (even if it was poorly passed across) that people will not trust something if they have some reason to not trust it, it was poorly stated but it makes perfect sense.

Now stop arguing and start debating and keep it civil,

Thanks in advance,

Regards
Crusader
EU Senior Admin
I hereby present Crusader with the Blobdominican medal for Bravery above and beyond the call of duty in his role as AdminBorn of the FSE servers. We have also arranged some lovely flowers & a kitten to commemorate the occasion.
Thanks Crusader for all of your work in the community!
[/quote]

Offline Modig

• First Lieutenant
  • Aspirerande arbetsaristoj
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2013, 06:27:31 pm »
Oh now we are all professional all of a sudden.