Author Topic: Official thread - DOWNLOAD  (Read 89574 times)

Offline Black Watch 1745

• Board Moderator
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
It has been a little while since we posted anything, apologies for that. Dazzer is mainly trying to iron out a few bugs and is finalising a few bits here and there. I meanwhile have been doing a bit more mapping. Here is one based upon Newark c.1646, specifically the 'Queen's Sconce':
Spoiler
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
[close]
  As you can see it still needs work and a few textures need to be fixed but it gives a rough idea of what it will look like. The plan is is that half the defenders will deploy in the scones (the central fort in the middle of the map, the other half in Newark (top left of the first picture)and the attackers will spawn at Colonel-General Sydenham Poyntz's Headquarters opposite the Sconce (centre right). The objective is to take the sconce, the defenders in Newark can either try to support the sconce with their artillery or sally out and try to reinforce the sconce, something the attackers will have to take into consideration.
  I am also working on a small training map based on the Old Artillery Grounds in London, here is a sneak preview of one of the features of the map:
Spoiler
[close]
]

Offline Black Watch 1745

• Board Moderator
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
My apologies for the double post but I thought I would keep people up to date with progress. Here is the training map I am working on, it is based off of the Old Artillery Ground in London:
Spoiler
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
[close]
  We may not have the model of the church in-game for the first release but it should be in a follow up patch. Our Community Manager will hopefully aim to host a proper server for us to host events for the mod for when we release, he aims to do this over the summer (July/August) so keep an eye out around that time.
]

Offline Phillyz

• Colonel
  • Art & Graphics Person.
    • View Profile
    • Neptune Designs
  • Nick: Philly
  • Side: Neutral
I do like the cannon textures! Looks interesting. :)

The screens overall look magnificent!

Offline Dazzer

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
I do like the cannon textures! Looks interesting. :)

The screens overall look magnificent!
Glad you like it  :)

Offline Johny_Nawalony

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Cannons look like ones from WFaS a bit/
I can do paid skin comissions so yeah msg if ya want one

Offline Dazzer

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Yep, its the same texture, forgot to remind that

Offline Phillyz

• Colonel
  • Art & Graphics Person.
    • View Profile
    • Neptune Designs
Seems to be that they fit quite nicely into this scene.

Offline Dazzer

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Hello people. Im very sorry to let you know that we have encountered a bug that makes the game crash whenever you join a faction. We have no idea what might be causing it, as we have done nothing with coding lately, so it will take us more time to resolve this issue. Again we are very sorry to prolong the release of the mod and hopefully we'll be able to fix it soon.

-Devs

Offline Adamsouth

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
Hello,please how is possible joit to the game?Where is download for this "pike mode?I have all mods Zulu,Napoleon only this I no have?HOw is possible join and where is download?

Thank you

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
Hello,please how is possible joit to the game?Where is download for this "pike mode?I have all mods Zulu,Napoleon only this I no have?HOw is possible join and where is download?

Thank you
This mod, Pike & Shotte is under development. It is not released yet. That is why this topic is located in the 'In Development' board.
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline Black Watch 1745

• Board Moderator
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
A quick update since it has been a few weeks since we last posted. We have had to go back to using a slightly earlier version of the mod that I had due to the reasons Dazzer has stated in previous posts. It is not too different though, primarily it is a matter of fixing some units that don't have the correct models/textures, fiddling with some stats and adding a few new regiments. The only serious problem I have noticed when mapping is that the weather seems to be bugged:
Spoiler
example A is the Marston Moor map with the weather settings I had set for it in an even earlier version of the mod where it worked fine:
Spoiler
[close]
example B is the same map, nothing changed, in the newer version. I have had the same problems with new maps I have made:
Spoiler
[close]
  Something has probably got changed somewhere along the line that should not have, hopefully we should be able to solve it, if not it is not a huge deal but I am aiming to have the correct weather for certain historical battles.
[close]
  In the meantime here is a new map I am working on based on the Battle of Modbury (1643). It happened in February so I am not 100% certain there was snow on the ground at the time but I wanted to have a snow map for variety, again previously mentioned bugs apply so it is not perfect and I still have to add/change a few things:
Spoiler
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
[close]
  Hopefully then we should have the following maps in the mod:
- Naseby
- Marston Moor
- Philliphaugh
- Powick Bridge
- Old Artillery Ground (training map)
- Newark
- Modbury
- Auldearn (possibly)
- Oxburgh Hall (possibly)
- Whitehall (possibly)
- Westminster (possibly)

Finally, I started to redo that model of the Banqueting House at Whitehall I started a while back:
Spoiler
[close]
  It will probably be in a later version of the mod if things go well.
]

Offline Phillyz

• Colonel
  • Art & Graphics Person.
    • View Profile
    • Neptune Designs
Great work, this looks brilliant!

Offline Duke Of LongTree

• First Lieutenant
  • 1stRM/USMC
    • View Profile
Re: [NW] [M] Pike & Shotte - Ensigns and Drummers in Commander Battle, page 16
« Reply #267 on: August 01, 2017, 08:18:04 am »
when every one is waiting on holdfast or banner lord and i am still waiting for this mod like what am i doing with my life

Offline Dazzer

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 01, 2017, 06:43:27 pm »
when every one is waiting on holdfast or banner lord and i am still waiting for this mod like what am i doing with my life
Personally I would be more hyped for Holdfast and Bannerlord. It's only a mod, don't expect too much from it.

Offline Phillyz

• Colonel
  • Art & Graphics Person.
    • View Profile
    • Neptune Designs
« Reply #269 on: August 01, 2017, 08:55:34 pm »
Holdfast will be good for me, not sure about Bannerlord yet, though.