Author Topic: Official thread - DOWNLOAD  (Read 89875 times)

Offline Black Watch 1745

• Board Moderator
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Pike & Shotte
« Reply #165 on: November 08, 2016, 12:10:14 pm »
Its looking really nice

However I have to point our (without writing a book cause the time is 01:00 and i got work today)your reservation system post thread thing is very difficult to understand and read. You are mixing the words companies,regiments and armies what are we actually reserving? And the name is hard to understand, does it have to be the leaders name or what?
  How is it hard to understand? You form a company that is a part of a regiment, a company being equivalent to an NW regiment. There are officer lists for the armies, it is not difficult to understand. I refer to them as regiments initially because in NW you create regiments (42nd Black Watch etc.) but in the English Civil War regiments and companies were named after their officers. I refer to the armies because different regiments belonged to different armies so those are the lists you can request, it is perfectly clear. I am not mixing them up, I start by calling them regiments as that what they are in NW and then refer to them as companies throughout.
The name is hard to understand? What? Companies are referred to by the name of their officers so the commanding officers will adopt their name. So you could decide to be in Captain Ffoxe's Company, King's Lifeguard of Foote. As I say if you want an officer list then PM me and I can see what I can do.
]

Offline wiener_snitzel

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_Wiener_Snitzel
« Reply #166 on: November 08, 2016, 12:33:00 pm »
So to clarify a Company is equal to an nw regiment. And that is it?
I got confused too i must say, cause it sounded like a company was equal to a NW regiment that where going to be part of something bigger? Like a pike and shotte combined regiment/army, like the UA or DA.

Quote "officers will form companies that will be a part of a regiment" there are morer similar reference in the thread.

But i think i understand now, the template would be
Officers_Name Company, Historical Regiment, Historical army
Fx. Sir_Wiener´s Company, 1st Pike Regiment, The Earl of Essex's Army ?

Offline Black Watch 1745

• Board Moderator
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 08, 2016, 12:44:03 pm »
When I say they are a part of a regiment, I mean they belonged to that regiment historically.  As I say we haven't quite got things sorted yet so a regiment with its companies could well work out like the UA or DA depending on how many companies are formed. They will be based around what field army they were in so all the companies from the King's Lifeguard are in the Oxford Army, Manchester's in the Eastern Association etc. Yes a company is equivalent to an NW regiment. I will edit to page to clarify if it is bothering so many people. I should mention War of Rights has a system where you belong to, say, Company A, 20th Maine rather than just make the whole 20th Maine.
Yes that is the sort of thing but you cannot have made up officer names and regiments, hence why I say PM me if you want a list of officers. I might nick that template though.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 01:04:14 pm by Black Watch 1745 »
]

Offline Dazzer

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Pike & Shotte
« Reply #168 on: November 08, 2016, 02:22:00 pm »
Please just calm down

I will try to explain it by equaling it to units in other mods

Army=Army (explains itself, it consists of regiments in our case)
Brigade=Regiment (it consits of several companies, just like brigades of regiments)
Company=a part of regiment

Its just like any other mods=someone creates an Army, then people form Brigades (Regiments in our case) and then people create Companies. For example:
Player A decides to create a company, named for example Captain Ffoxe's Company of Foote of Kings Lifeguard (Red is his rank, Blue is the name of company, usually it was named after commanding officer of the company,indicates what sort of unit it is,the name of the regiment

Then more people like Player A create another (around) 9 companies (there were usually about 10 companies in total in each regiment)

Player B then chooses to create a regiment, uniting all those 10 companies into one whole unit (basically its something like a brigade)

Then there are more people like Player B who create another regiments

Then Player C decides creates an Army, for example Earl of Essexs army
Then regiment leaders can join those

I hope I explained it well (there may be some mistakes)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 02:43:13 pm by Dazzer »

Offline Painmace

• Donator
  • I'm not active in Mount & Blade related stuff
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Black Legion Homepage
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #169 on: November 08, 2016, 02:45:17 pm »
So basically you are trying to organize it like War of Rights.

The problem i had was that regiment and company was used as the same thing without explanation and the explanation was written like peoppe would already knew that you changed the style.

So all in all, to see if I understood, you are saying that people who want to play will have to form a company and then when x amoint of companies of the same reg are formed.
They thogheter then form the regiment? (In some kind of "forced" matter) so who is then the leader of that regiment?
For example 32nd have had quite a bad experience with outsiders trying command/control us. Will we have to listen/follow them?

Offline Dazzer

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 08, 2016, 02:51:39 pm »
So all in all, to see if I understood, you are saying that people who want to play will have to form a company and then when x amoint of companies of the same reg are formed.
They thogheter then form the regiment? (In some kind of "forced" matter) so who is then the leader of that regiment?
For example 32nd have had quite a bad experience with outsiders trying command/control us. Will we have to listen/follow them?

As I said, Regiment is something like a Brigade
Like in North and South
every company leader comands HIS company
leader of the regiment was usually a general/high noble
For example Earl of Essexs regiment was named after him, because he created the regiment
You will follow orders of your company officer
we probably wont force you to make regiments (in brigade way), but it would be nice, as it would be historical

and cooperation is key to success, you should make a plan before jumping straight right into event
but again we wont force you
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 02:55:56 pm by Dazzer »

Offline Painmace

• Donator
  • I'm not active in Mount & Blade related stuff
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Black Legion Homepage
« Reply #171 on: November 08, 2016, 04:08:31 pm »
and cooperation is key to success, you should make a plan before jumping straight right into event
Obviously, but since you mentioned NS i had to ask. They designate leaders who have no earlier ties to the regiments underthem and give them "power to command/control" them. Thats why iam asking if thats the style you are going to organize it or if you are leaving it up to the "community" to decide that.

Offline Dazzer

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 08, 2016, 04:17:19 pm »
Obviously, but since you mentioned NS i had to ask. They designate leaders who have no earlier ties to the regiments underthem and give them "power to command/control" them. Thats why iam asking if thats the style you are going to organize it or if you are leaving it up to the "community" to decide that.
Hmm I dont really understand what you want to say :D
Anybody can create a company

Offline Black Watch 1745

• Board Moderator
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 08, 2016, 04:36:27 pm »
Spoiler
[close]
  I assume he is referring to brigade commanders in NaS being appointed rather than chosen by the regiments he will command? Personally, if we did it so a regiment is equivalent to a brigade in other mods then I do not see any problem in the commanding officers of the various companies that make up the regiment selecting who will be their colonel and command the whole group. Since people like the Earl of Essex and Charles I have been dead for 370 years give or take a bit I don't think we can historically do what they did and get them to grant commissions!
]

Offline Dazzer

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 08, 2016, 05:05:01 pm »
Spoiler
[close]
  I assume he is referring to brigade commanders in NaS being appointed rather than chosen by the regiments he will command? Personally, if we did it so a regiment is equivalent to a brigade in other mods then I do not see any problem in the commanding officers of the various companies that make up the regiment selecting who will be their colonel and command the whole group. Since people like the Earl of Essex and Charles I have been dead for 370 years give or take a bit I don't think we can historically do what they did and get them to grant commissions!
yeah, sounds good

Offline Black Watch 1745

• Board Moderator
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 08, 2016, 11:02:15 pm »
Spoiler

The problem i had was that regiment and company was used as the same thing without explanation and the explanation was written like peoppe would already knew that you changed the style.

[close]
  Sorry to bring this up again but I did not use them as the same thing throughout the piece, I used regiment at the start and then explained it and used company from then on, the only time I referred back to regiments was when I provided the link to the spreadsheet with the names of the regiments on it so people could use it as a starting point to form their companies. Plenty of people I spoke to had no problem with it. And what is a 'peoppe'? If you mean Pepe then as far as I am aware he is not involved with the mod  :P
  Just to clarify my earlier comment, I am assuming you mean the various companies appoint their colonels rather than a colonel getting parachuted in by a superior?

In other news I will hopefully get the Marston Moor, Auldearn and Powick Bridge maps done soon and if I get time I might do one for Edgehill and Cropredy Bridge. I think I will hold back on the Oxburgh Hall and Whitehall maps for now. To refresh a few peoples memories here is the Auldearn map so far:
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 11:36:57 pm by Black Watch 1745 »
]

Offline Dazzer

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 09, 2016, 07:14:42 am »
Spoiler

[close]
And what is a 'peoppe'? If you mean Pepe then as far as I am aware he is not involved with the mod  :P
I think he meant by peoppe people
lets try to not be rude, not everyone has perfect english

Offline Black Watch 1745

• Board Moderator
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 09, 2016, 08:22:56 am »
It is only a joke Dazzer, I did know what he meant. We English are a bit like that, I only jest though. 

I have edited the page to clarify as well but the cavalry are formed into 'Troops' rather than 'Companies'. I have not had any requests yet (although a friend of mine said he or one of his friends might look into forming a company for one of the Cornish regiments) though so, again, please do PM me for now if you want to form a company or troop.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 08:37:25 am by Black Watch 1745 »
]

Offline JUAN THE GREAT!

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 09, 2016, 04:20:41 pm »
that was something....

Offline Dazzer

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile