Author Topic: Hearthstone  (Read 55668 times)

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
  • "Just do a headbob" - DarthJezus 2012
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Coconut
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Hearthstone
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2015, 02:54:05 am »
I was about to make this thread, glad there's already one, sad that it's not active. Let's make it active, Coco.

I got a couple packs of TGT (w/ gold) and I can only say I'm happy with my Paladin cards I got (that go perfect with my pre-existing Pally deck) and the Totem Golem which is one of the cards I've been really excited about.

Feel free to PM for my Battle.net ID, I'd love to play some games for fun.
Here's my luckiest pack that I've opened, i came with the 60 pack pre order
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
  • Side: Union
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2015, 03:03:48 am »
Damn. Varian is inherently fantastic but coupled with cards like Chillmaw you can get some ridiculous board control and really pressure with that deathrattle (big game is 3 health, right?). I think Varian alone is worth it to try out dragon decks again, especially if "directly" into the battlefield means no battlecry. For instance: play Varian Wrynn, summon Deathwing, Nozdormu, and Chillmaw. Even if you get something like Alexstrasza out and don't get to set them down to 15 or you up to 15 (if they have less than 15 and you have more than 15 it would be better to pick you anyway), you would probably have lethal with 7+12+8+8, and at that point 15 seconds with Nozdormu might actually pay off (even though it never does ever). If the battlecries DO work then it would be terrible to A) play Onyxia first or B) play Deathwing last, but it would still be cool to see if not.

My best pack luck is probably getting gold Tirion Fordring and a Deathwing, but I don't think they were the same pack, I just know they were within a few days of each other and within the first few packs I got.

EDIT: Oh shit, I just realized Chillmaw's ability is a deathrattle. Damn son.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 05:47:04 am by Audiate »

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2015, 10:56:08 am »
Damn. Varian is inherently fantastic but coupled with cards like Chillmaw you can get some ridiculous board control and really pressure with that deathrattle (big game is 3 health, right?). I think Varian alone is worth it to try out dragon decks again, especially if "directly" into the battlefield means no battlecry. For instance: play Varian Wrynn, summon Deathwing, Nozdormu, and Chillmaw. Even if you get something like Alexstrasza out and don't get to set them down to 15 or you up to 15 (if they have less than 15 and you have more than 15 it would be better to pick you anyway), you would probably have lethal with 7+12+8+8, and at that point 15 seconds with Nozdormu might actually pay off (even though it never does ever). If the battlecries DO work then it would be terrible to A) play Onyxia first or B) play Deathwing last, but it would still be cool to see if not.

My best pack luck is probably getting gold Tirion Fordring and a Deathwing, but I don't think they were the same pack, I just know they were within a few days of each other and within the first few packs I got.

EDIT: Oh shit, I just realized Chillmaw's ability is a deathrattle. Damn son.
gold tirion;///// i want

but i think varian is pretty shit, i played him and a drew 2 weapons..

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2015, 04:43:53 pm »
Yeah, you're going to need a deck kinda revolved around him, which is why I think he's so balanced, but still good. Best case scenario, you get a 7/7 and three good minions instantly played. Worst case scenario, you get a 7/7 and get three weapons or something.

Personally I haven't put any money into HS yet but since I've gotten better as a player at it, recently in particular, I'm going to buy Naxxramas soon, namely for those cards like Spectral Spider, Nerubian Egg, Shade of Naxxramas, Kel'Thuzad, Sludge Belcher, etc. Basically the cards that make me think HS is pay to win (because on the ranked ladder I do well until I get put against Naxx/BRM cards). I really want some of the Blackrock cards, too, but namely just Thaurissan for the combos so I might just pay an extra two dollars more than what it would be worth in the full adventure for just the first wing. Not totally decided on that yet.

What's your Battle.net, Coco?

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2015, 04:48:33 pm »
I love hearthstone, played it back when it was beta or something. Great card game and VERY easy to get into and understand.

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2015, 05:13:53 am »
Yeah, you're going to need a deck kinda revolved around him, which is why I think he's so balanced, but still good. Best case scenario, you get a 7/7 and three good minions instantly played. Worst case scenario, you get a 7/7 and get three weapons or something.

Personally I haven't put any money into HS yet but since I've gotten better as a player at it, recently in particular, I'm going to buy Naxxramas soon, namely for those cards like Spectral Spider, Nerubian Egg, Shade of Naxxramas, Kel'Thuzad, Sludge Belcher, etc. Basically the cards that make me think HS is pay to win (because on the ranked ladder I do well until I get put against Naxx/BRM cards). I really want some of the Blackrock cards, too, but namely just Thaurissan for the combos so I might just pay an extra two dollars more than what it would be worth in the full adventure for just the first wing. Not totally decided on that yet.

What's your Battle.net, Coco?
Yeah, naxx is a must have if you want to get past rank 10. Blackrock mountian not much so unless you want to play patron warrior

my battlenet is Marth #1812

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2015, 08:07:10 pm »
Yeah, I bought Naxx and it really pushed up my constructed game. I'm running a Shaman deck which is apparently very similar to a very commonly used one. Blackrock is decent, if you want cards like:

-Imp Gang Boss (Zoolock ftw)
-Grim Patron (cheap warrior wins tho)
-Thaurissan (which I do want)
-Flame Druid (for certain combos, it's basically a far cheaper Stormwind Knight+Crazed Alchemist/Inner Fire combo when given charge)
-Chromaggus (often for those mill decks to make sure you don't run out first)
-Drakonid Crusher (for certain decks, usually it's kinda trash but a 6/6 for 6 still isn't terrible when you have the potential to get a 9/9 mid/late game instead for the same mana price)
-and Nefarian has his uses in certain builds but eh

$7 or whatever just for Thaurissan and Grim (and Gang Up for Coldlight Oracle I guess) is pretty steep though, given I'd still rather pay roughly that for GvG packs to get another several more shots at getting Dr. Boom.

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2015, 05:58:12 am »
Yeah, I bought Naxx and it really pushed up my constructed game. I'm running a Shaman deck which is apparently very similar to a very commonly used one. Blackrock is decent, if you want cards like:

-Imp Gang Boss (Zoolock ftw)
-Grim Patron (cheap warrior wins tho)
-Thaurissan (which I do want)
-Flame Druid (for certain combos, it's basically a far cheaper Stormwind Knight+Crazed Alchemist/Inner Fire combo when given charge)
-Chromaggus (often for those mill decks to make sure you don't run out first)
-Drakonid Crusher (for certain decks, usually it's kinda trash but a 6/6 for 6 still isn't terrible when you have the potential to get a 9/9 mid/late game instead for the same mana price)
-and Nefarian has his uses in certain builds but eh

$7 or whatever just for Thaurissan and Grim (and Gang Up for Coldlight Oracle I guess) is pretty steep though, given I'd still rather pay roughly that for GvG packs to get another several more shots at getting Dr. Boom.
those top 3 are decent, the bottom 3 are trash.

Offline Tammo

• Major
  • I eat ass daily
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Bob Ross
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2015, 07:19:32 am »
YOU PAY TO WINNERS ARE NO MATCH FOR MY PALADIN DECK

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2015, 01:10:21 pm »
<3

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2015, 07:14:33 pm »
The bottom three only work for certain decks, I've seen Drakonid work in some Warlocks oddly enough and some Mages with all of their Fireballs and Pyroblasts. A 9/9 that's easy to get out with other stuff late game can be really big. Also Grim Patron is a cheap and rarely super effective play unless you're Th3Rat. He in general has a lot of luck with it and is easily one of the best warrior players in constructed (at least by ranking), and any other player who tries to do it 100% of the time seems to fall short in comparison. He has some great plays to show just how strong his deck can be in this video, even though he loses the match. Sort of.

Spoiler
[close]

Idk, maybe he could have pulled it off with a kill to Mal'ganis and Void but if I remember the video right he was out of charges so his Grim Patrons were extremely less useful. He could have potentially spammed his Patrons against the Dreadsteeds for a seemingly infinite amount of 3/3 ones, but it probably would have been to close to call. Still, a cool match with some cool plays.

Does it have Tirion Fordring, Call to Muster, Warhorse Trainer, Silver Hand Regent, and Bolvar Fordragon? Then GET OUT!

jk this board needs posters.

everytime i post on here i dont expect to be typing paragraphs and then i do.

Offline Tammo

• Major
  • I eat ass daily
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Bob Ross
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2015, 09:14:28 pm »
TIRION IS BAE AND MURLOCK KNIGHT IS THE BEST CARD IN GAME

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2015, 10:01:20 pm »
I have Golden Tirion. ::) Murloc Knight is shit unless you're playing specifically Murlocadin which still fuck you

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/18704974923#1
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 12:31:52 am by Audiate »

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2015, 10:14:36 pm »
I've opened 3 legends. Tirion, The Beast, and the other paladin Fordringer one. Scrapped The Beast and Fordringer for Ysera

#nopay2win

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2015, 11:19:57 pm »
Bolvar + Beast = Ysera isn't terrible at all. I'm currently just grinding for packs in arena and getting gold to do more arena from constructed so I can't get Dr. Boom, after that Ysera is probably my next big crafting item, probably.