Author Topic: Anyone want an update?  (Read 9662 times)

Offline Coldstreamer

• First Lieutenant
  • Leader of 1er Suisse, Ski Instructor, Paintballer
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
  • Nick: J-Man11
  • Side: Union
Anyone want an update?
« on: May 28, 2016, 03:04:01 am »
when is the next update? We need more units :(  anyway.. how is everyone doing?

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
Re: Anyone want an update?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 03:24:23 am »
no

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
  • "Just do a headbob" - DarthJezus 2012
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Coconut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 04:39:24 am »
NW has a 1% chance getting updated, I replied on the latest NW update thread like 4 weeks ago and my post got removed.

The only reason they would update is if BCoF Flopped majorly and they would update it and like announce that they would be moving to bannerlord as well. That's my guess

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 05:11:28 am »
NW has a 1% chance getting updated, I replied on the latest NW update thread like 4 weeks ago and my post got removed.

The only reason they would update is if BCoF Flopped majorly and they would update it and like announce that they would be moving to bannerlord as well. That's my guess
If?
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline TheRedRedcoat

• First Lieutenant
  • uhh
    • View Profile
  • Nick: u
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2016, 05:50:37 am »
In order for a game to flop, it has to be released.

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 08:10:29 pm »
In order for a game to flop, it has to be released.
It's already released, just in alpha to people who pay 150 euros. So like 10-20 people.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2016, 03:32:20 am »
There is a post somewhere on here from I forget who but someone on the FSE team who said that if Taleworlds would have given them the source codes etc. for MB we would have had double the content we had now including actual working ships. Not school buses.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2016, 11:02:40 am »
FSE should have made the sailors+Bavarians a "sprite pack" dlc just like EU4 has. 5 bucks for sailors+bavarians+British hussars and the other ones they added.

So many more things they could have also added, like music packs for musicians, special equipment for classes. Like Spontoon spears for British sergeants, Re add Guard Skirms to france, along with Sergeant, bugler and cpt, they could add a like Sergeant sapper class just like in MM, where you had 1 barricade you could throw down.

NW could have been so much more.

Norwegian13

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2016, 06:45:15 pm »
It will never happen

They are fully focused on Battle Cry of Freedom.

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2016, 12:25:07 am »
It will never happen

They are fully focused on Battle Cry of Freedom.
A shame, there was so much potential with NW. There was only 1 content update really.

Norwegian13

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2016, 09:22:46 am »
Yes, but then again, as Price stated above, FSE could have done a lot more had Taleworlds given FSE the source code for M&B.

I would love to see an update myself, but I know it isn't happening as FSE is focusing all it's resources on their new game, Battle Cry of Freedom.

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2016, 04:23:07 pm »
I agree, there's still a lot of potential for expanding the current DLC in pretty much every term. Units, Maps, Equipment etc.

If only they would allow some other people to carry on with the development of NW. Like a small team under FSE that would focus on NW.
Can't see the harm in that, but yeah. Stuff and such.

Doubt they will ever make another attempt to do something remotely useful for NW's community at this point. Since the last update, they act like this DLC is dead. In my opinion that is. We'll just have to see what BCoF turns in.

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2016, 04:25:40 pm »
I think Goki should give us a new update for NW, given how he's our amazing CR.
:3
Okay but seriously, this was a cool idea a couple years ago but I don't see it working out at this point in time into the mod's life, really no reason to do it.
[close]

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2016, 04:33:23 pm »
Okay but seriously, this was a cool idea a couple years ago but I don't see it working out at this point in time into the mod's life, really no reason to do it.
Sure, possibly the amount of people playing this was a couple of years ago much higher. But I don't see how it's that bad atm? Perhaps you haven't noticed, but on a evening there are still hundreds of people playing it. Perhaps not all on public servers, but they do play it.

Refreshment will always bring back some certain amount of interest to players who got previously bored of the game.

Until Bannerlord get's released obviously, then it's game over for the majority of the DLC. But no one has a clear idea when that might happen.

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2016, 05:52:13 pm »
Sure, possibly the amount of people playing this was a couple of years ago much higher. But I don't see how it's that bad atm? Perhaps you haven't noticed, but on a evening there are still hundreds of people playing it. Perhaps not all on public servers, but they do play it.

Refreshment will always bring back some certain amount of interest to players who got previously bored of the game.

Until Bannerlord get's released obviously, then it's game over for the majority of the DLC. But no one has a clear idea when that might happen.
My comment was with the backdrop of Bannerlord, forgot to mention that.