Author Topic: Official thread - DOWNLOAD  (Read 89496 times)

Offline Dazzer

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Pike & Shotte - The English Civil War
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2016, 11:43:43 am »
Hey guys. I just don't know how to continue. Back in July I knew absolutely nothing about modding and I was just trying to mod. I created alots of useless textures, materials and meshes. Now OpenBRF files are messed up and it's really hard for me to "mod" it. I will have to create the mod from scratch. Of course I could work with the old OpenBRF files, but it would take much more time to create the mod. What do you guys think?

Wow ive never seen u being serious
Could you kindly stop stalking me everywhere?

Offline Black Watch 1745

• Board Moderator
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2016, 01:24:26 pm »
Keep going with it if you can, even if you have to do it from scratch the results will be worth it. The group stands at 134 which is good.
  I would do it from scratch if it will be quicker, again just PM me and I will send you some stuff on uniforms and the like. 
Oh and some screenshots for Naseby:
Spoiler
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
[close]
  It is fairly plain but, then again, so was the battlefield at the time (there are loads of hedges and fields there now).
  Ah and thanks Juan, you are too kind!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 01:25:59 pm by Black Watch 1745 »
]

Offline Ghost9447

• First Lieutenant
  • A Pickle
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2016, 02:03:25 pm »
Hey guys. I just don't know how to continue. Back in July I knew absolutely nothing about modding and I was just trying to mod. I created alots of useless textures, materials and meshes. Now OpenBRF files are messed up and it's really hard for me to "mod" it. I will have to create the mod from scratch. Of course I could work with the old OpenBRF files, but it would take much more time to create the mod. What do you guys think?

Wow ive never seen u being serious
Could you kindly stop stalking me everywhere?

Could you please stop stalking me too. For example in the russian thread
I'm not going to spam anymore. I've tried to stop Ghost by fighting him with his own weapons - but I've failed. The Messhall is his again.

Offline Dazzer

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2016, 03:49:19 pm »
Keep going with it if you can, even if you have to do it from scratch the results will be worth it. The group stands at 134 which is good.
  I would do it from scratch if it will be quicker, again just PM me and I will send you some stuff on uniforms and the like. 
Oh and some screenshots for Naseby:
Spoiler
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
[close]
  It is fairly plain but, then again, so was the battlefield at the time (there are loads of hedges and fields there now).
  Ah and thanks Juan, you are too kind!
looks great

Offline Black Watch 1745

• Board Moderator
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2016, 10:07:25 pm »
  Right, I think I have just about done Naseby.
Spoiler
The overview of the battlefield
Spoiler
[close]
Dust Hill (Royalist position) looking towards the Parliamentarian position.
Spoiler
[close]
Mill Hill (Parliamentarian position) looking towards the Royalist position
Spoiler
[close]
Sulby Hedges where Colonel Okey deployed his dragoons who fired the first shots of the battle against Prince Rupert's cavalry.
Spoiler
[close]
[close]
  The battlefield is probably one of the best studied in the whole of England. Whilst there are far more hedges there now, it is pretty clear where the fighting was. That said, there are always contradictions, such as the fact that many musketballs have been discovered much further back, suggesting that the Royalists did put up a fight when they retreated.
  The main contemporary illustration I used as a guide was this one from c.1647
Spoiler
[close]
  However, the man who created it was not at the battle and had never visited the field from what I gather so there are inaccuracies. A.H. Burne's book 'The Battlefields of England' was quite useful. Whilst a rather old work (1949) it is nevertheless useful and I shall be using it for reference for the other battlefields (namely Edgehill, Marston Moor and Newbury).
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 11:10:26 pm by Black Watch 1745 »
]

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2016, 11:49:42 pm »
  Right, I think I have just about done Naseby.
Spoiler
The overview of the battlefield
Spoiler
[close]
Dust Hill (Royalist position) looking towards the Parliamentarian position.
Spoiler
[close]
Mill Hill (Parliamentarian position) looking towards the Royalist position
Spoiler
[close]
Sulby Hedges where Colonel Okey deployed his dragoons who fired the first shots of the battle against Prince Rupert's cavalry.
Spoiler
[close]
[close]
  The battlefield is probably one of the best studied in the whole of England. Whilst there are far more hedges there now, it is pretty clear where the fighting was. That said, there are always contradictions, such as the fact that many musketballs have been discovered much further back, suggesting that the Royalists did put up a fight when they retreated.
  The main contemporary illustration I used as a guide was this one from c.1647
Spoiler
[close]
  However, the man who created it was not at the battle and had never visited the field from what I gather so there are inaccuracies. A.H. Burne's book 'The Battlefields of England' was quite useful. Whilst a rather old work (1949) it is nevertheless useful and I shall be using it for reference for the other battlefields (namely Edgehill, Marston Moor and Newbury).
It looks great man keep up the good work!

Offline Black Watch 1745

• Board Moderator
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2016, 03:24:18 pm »
Many thanks! I am currently working on Marston Moor but it will take a little while. In the meantime here are a few more flags, this time from Montrose's Irish Brigade:
Spoiler
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

[close]

I cannot take credit for the image of the Virgin Mary, that comes from the project Auldearn site (if you are a wargamer he has posted a lot of images of flags you can use). The cross as well comes from off the web. We do not know a great deal about Montrose's army and I believe the description of the Irish flags come from one man's diary entry (he did not say to which exact regiments they belonged to either).
  Good news as well, Volume 3 of ECW flags and Colours from Partizan Press has finally been released (it has been well over ten years since volume 2). This will finally include the cavalry standards and perhaps a few more infantry colours. I have a copy on order.

EDIT 16/03/2016:
  Not much to report. Volume 3 arrived and is truly excellent, giving many details of the cavalry standards carried by the regiments in the Civil War.
  In terms of mapping I am currently working on Marston Moor, here is what I have done thus far:
Spoiler
An overview of the Battlefield. The Parliamentarians/Covenanter's deployed on Marston Hill and on the slope just in-front of the hill whilst the Royalists deployed on the moor.
Spoiler
[close]
The land was divided between arable farmland planted with mostly rye on the slope and the moorland that was mainly made up of gorse.
Spoiler
[close]
A hedgerow and a ditch behind divided the farmland from the moorland. This ditch has caused some debate amongst historians. It seems that the Royalists only put a handful of musketeers to defend the ditch. It is possible that they actually tore down the hedge before the battle as they preferred to have the ditch as an obstacle and the hedgerow screened the enemies movement. Not shown in these screenshots is a rabbit warren that was located on the Royalist right flank (I swear on every battlefield there are hedgerows and rabbit warrens galore).
Spoiler
[close]
The Parliamentarian/Covenanter centre looking towards the moor.
Spoiler
[close]
'Cromwell's Plump'. It is alleged that the allied commanders met here before the battle. Oliver Cromwell at this point was in command of the cavalry of Parliaments Eastern Association, one of three armies the Allies had that day. The Eastern Association was led by the Earl of Manchester, the Northern Association by Lord Fairfax, father of Sir Thomas Fairfax who led the right wing of horse, and the Army of the Solemn League and Covenant commanded by the Earl of Leven. The Royalists had the Army of Prince Rupert and the Northern Army of the The Marquess of Newcastle. It should be mentioned that the battle did not start till late afternoon/early evening (Rupert had gone off to get supper whilst Newcastle had retired to his coach for a smoke). It was very cloudy with a thunderstorm raging not far away.
Spoiler
[close]
An animal enclosure where it is reported that Newcastle's men, most notably his own Regiment (or so it is believed), made their last stand for almost an hour till 'when all their ammunition was spent, having refused quarter, every man fell in the same order and rank wherein he had fought.'
Spoiler
[close]
From the animal enclosure looking towards the Parliamentarian/Covenanter position.
Spoiler
[close]
[close]
  As you can see, it still needs a lot of work done to it.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 11:28:05 pm by Black Watch 1745 »
]

Offline Alistair

• Sergeant Major
  • Your Shako wielding gentleman
    • View Profile
    • 33nd Regiment of Foot
  • Nick: 33rd_Pte_Alistair
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2016, 02:45:54 am »
This looks like it could be a fun mod. I might be able to help with texturing if you are still working on that.

Offline Black Watch 1745

• Board Moderator
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2016, 04:56:45 pm »
Thanks for the offer. I know Dazzer is quite keen for modellers so if you know that or anyone who does that would be a great help. It is still going but myself I am a tad busy with other things (dissertation, essays etc.) so I have not done much in the way of mapping although the flags are pretty much done. Dazzer as well is busy with other things so it may be a while yet before things pick up again.
]

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2016, 05:03:12 pm »
I could do a bit of mapping if you want.
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Black Watch 1745

• Board Moderator
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2016, 05:15:50 pm »
Yeah if you want to give it a go. I'll PM you some stuff whenever I get the chance.
]

Offline Alistair

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • 33nd Regiment of Foot
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2016, 11:35:57 am »
Thanks for the offer. I know Dazzer is quite keen for modellers so if you know that or anyone who does that would be a great help. It is still going but myself I am a tad busy with other things (dissertation, essays etc.) so I have not done much in the way of mapping although the flags are pretty much done. Dazzer as well is busy with other things so it may be a while yet before things pick up again.

I only know how to delete parts of models right now... :(

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2016, 01:24:09 pm »
Yeah if you want to give it a go. I'll PM you some stuff whenever I get the chance.
Yeah that works
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Dazzer

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2016, 04:33:01 pm »

I only know how to delete parts of models right now... :(
that's okay, I only know how to recolour textures and simple stuff to this day xD

Yeah that works
thanks

Offline Alistair

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • 33nd Regiment of Foot
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2016, 01:54:53 am »
But like I said I am keen to work on this project and I'll put the skills I do have to use. My steam is [33rd]Alistair(1stMIVS)