Author Topic: 3ème Régiment de Hussards - EU Recruiting  (Read 14587 times)

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
3ème Régiment de Hussards - EU Recruiting
« on: May 17, 2016, 01:39:06 am »

The 3e Hussars are a European English speaking Light Cavalry regiment, we're pretty casual and only play on the weekends. If you're looking for Cav to fill a slot in an event or would like to join us please add
Marks

tba
Roster

Cpt. Marks

CoH. Dedi
CoH. Seddy
LCoH. Scoggins

Trump. Sparky
Trp. Napoleon
Trp. 5hine
Trp. Ugly
Trp. Kaiser
Trp. Bryce
Trp. Rozo
Trp. Edmund
Trp. Ian
Trp. Wallace
Rct. Murch
Rct. HellWing
Rct. Ranfeldor
Rct. Pliskin
Rct. ImpScot

Spoiler

Nemo me impune lacessit

No one provokes me with impunity

~~~

Just as I was pushing one of our men back into the ranks I saw him fall at my feet from a sabre slash. I turned round instantly – to see English cavalry forcing their way into our midst and hacking us to pieces. Just as it is difficult, if not impossible, for the best cavalry to break into infantry who are formed into squares and who defend themselves with coolness and daring, so it is true that once the ranks have been penetrated, then resistance is useless and nothing remains for the cavalry to do but to slaughter at almost no risk to themselves. This what happened, in vain our poor fellows stood up and stretched out their arms; they could not reach far enough to bayonet these cavalrymen mounted on powerful horses, and the few shots fired in chaotic melee were just as fatal to our own men as to the English. And so we found ourselves defenceless against a relentless enemy who, in the intoxication of battle, sabred even our drummers and fifers without mercy.

Origin
Scotland's only regular cavalry regiment. They trace their origins back to troops of horsemen raised in 1678 as the Royal Regiment of Scotch Dragoons to hunt down strict Presbyterians who revolted against attempts to impose an English-style church in Scotland. The name “Greys” was first applied because of their grey uniforms but later they were mounted on grey chargers. The regiment was also distinguished by being the only cavalry one to wear bearskin headgear. Most famous for their charge at the Battle of Waterloo (See Scottish Military Disasters Chapter 19 ; “Scotland for Ever”), the regiment also took part in the successful, but now mainly forgotten, Charge of the Heavy Brigade, during the Crimean War. The regimental headquarters is at Edinburgh Castle.

In 1971 the Scots Greys were amalgamated with the 3rd Carabiniers (Prince of Wales Dragoon Guards), itself a 1920s amalgamation of two other cavalry regiments, to form the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards.The Carabiniers had recruited in Cheshire and North Wales. The Welsh connection is recognised by Men of Harlech, arranged for the bagpipes, being  one of the duty tunes played by  the regimental pipe band. The officers' reputed fondness for champagne in times past once led to the regiment being nicknamed the "Bubbly Jocks".

Scots Grey – Waterloo 1815 – The Scots Greys or 2nd North British Dragoons formed part of the Union Brigade of heavy cavalry at Waterloo. This unit took part in a charge that hacked to pieces a whole corps of French Infantry, but then, typically of much British cavalry of the period got carried away and failed to answer the recall. They cut to pieces the gunners of a major French battery, but were then caught in turn by French cavalry and suffered heavy losses. This man is armed and equipped as a typical British Napoleonic heavy cavalry trooper, carrying the 1796 heavy cavalry pattern sabre and a flintlock carbine.

The only distinctive feature of the regiment being the bearskin cap instead of the brass dragoon helmet of the other regiments. Unusually the men of the unit were allowed to grow moustaches, the Greys were the only heavy cavalry regiment in which this was permitted. This particular soldier has survived the charge, however, he is not unscathed and holds a bloody handkerchief to a head wound that has slashed through the peak of his bearskin.

Regimental Stuff
Sig
[close]

If you're looking to contact us follow the links below!

Spoiler
[close]
[close]

Old Thread ^
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 03:17:12 pm by Marks »

Offline Earth Bby

• Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
Re: 2nd Dragoons (Royal Scots Greys)
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 01:39:23 am »
s

Offline Shine

• Donator
  • ˙͜>˙
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [1erPLG]Lans_5hine
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 01:41:53 am »
dragoons you fucking pleb why even waste your time marks you're just gonna rename in 2 months anyways and lose even more members you miserable fuck

Offline Earth Bby

• Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 01:42:16 am »
dragoons you fucking pleb why even waste your time marks you're just gonna rename in 2 months anyways and lose even more members you miserable fuck

<3 I came

Offline Shine

• Donator
  • ˙͜>˙
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [1erPLG]Lans_5hine
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 01:42:44 am »

<3 I came

slut

Offline Peppers

• Colonel
  • Father of North American Cavalry
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Pepper
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 01:43:35 am »
My name is marks and I am cancer of cav aka dragoons k thanks - marks

Offline Earth Bby

• Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2016, 01:43:39 am »

<3 I came

slut

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cj.emojicons

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2016, 01:46:03 am »
Pls stop making me join your regs only 2 be kicked out mang

Offline Earth Bby

• Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2016, 01:53:35 am »
Pls stop making me join your regs only 2 be kicked out mang

no

Offline Locust

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2016, 01:55:35 am »
good luck you fucker

Offline Earth Bby

• Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2016, 01:56:03 am »
good luck you fucker

thank u Lovecunt

Offline Dedciuciu

• Private
  • Jewish/Black Individual
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2016, 01:56:34 am »
Marks dude you gotta stop embarrassing yourself dawg. This shit ain't fun no more. smh
"Israelites, in order to ensure their survival, have no other choice but to drown Palestine in muslim blood." - Will Smith

Offline Earth Bby

• Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2016, 01:59:54 am »
Marks dude you gotta stop embarrassing yourself dawg. This shit ain't fun no more. smh

👌💯

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2016, 02:01:03 am »
marks you're a disfgrace

good luck thou

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Superbad

• Ros the whore of Winterfell
  • Donator
  • Nothing gold can stay...
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SuperbadV
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2016, 02:02:32 am »
Fucking dragons...