Author Topic: NA1 Revival Program  (Read 10059 times)

Offline Orcaryo

• By far the worst in melee
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
NA1 Revival Program
« on: January 07, 2017, 09:52:39 pm »
For the majority of time, NA1 has been dead and only gets maybe 1 or 2 players on there every blue moon. Recently however, SillyWilly has done an amazing job of organizing various regiments and players of the community to pop into NA1 every night or so. Some of you may ask "But Orc! 10 people isn't populating a server meant for 200 people!" Righto you are, but this has actually gotten more attention than you think. With just under 500 NW players in the steam group, the server has been reaching around 50+ for consecutive nights, when we announce that a server pop is going on ofc. What we would like to do is get a regular population going for at least 2 nights a week(Tuesday and Friday). As some of you may remember, NA1 used to be a place where people would just hang out and play the game, before and after events. It would go dead of course during the line battles with a few pubs keeping it decently populated, then it would get 150+ population again after events. So the idea, is that AFTER our events are over, we join into the server, just playing around and having fun, while still following server rules. So figure this would take place starting around 9:15 est, when the majority of NA events are finishing.

TL;DR

What: NA1 Server Revival
Where: NW_Official_NA1
When: 9:15 est every Tuesday/Friday after the line battles are over
Why: Have fun and populate a server that has been active and fun since the start of the NA NW community

Server Rules
Admin List
NA1 Revival Steam Group
[close]

« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 11:30:19 pm by Orcaryo »

Offline SillyWilly

• Sergeant Major
  • 1v1 me na cav gf n00b
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: NA1 Revival Program
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 08:01:03 am »
This would be excellent for many reasons. It could help reinvigorate the community and regiments, because as we all remember, many regiments recruited on that server and a lot of the popular regiment leaders themselves started off on NW_Official_NA1. The steam group's name is NA1 Revival, and it is open to the public. Anyone please feel free to join and add your friends! The key to this working is to have friends of friends join the steam group. Announcements will be posted on it to let everyone know when we'll all be jumping on the server.

Since the start of this, i predicted it would be roughly 10% of people in the steam group that actually get on when announcements are sent. This generally seems to be accurate. So right now we're at about 500 members, and when we send out announcements a little bit beforehand, we can more or less get that 10% on, along with pubs. Th max currently we've had on at once is 65 people. Nothing like what it used to be, but it's a lot better than it being dead for the past year.

Some probably are wondering the difference between this and the NA1 Public Linebattle. The lb had rules, ways to behave during the event, how to do things, and it lasted an hour. That is not what this will be. This will be players coming and going on and off for as long as people are on, starting around a certain time. The regular NA1 rules still apply, however. And eventually, best case scenario, we won't even need to plan ahead to come on NA1 together, because it'll be populated most of the time like it used to be.

Regiment leaders, if you are able to commit to helping out with this, and bringing a few members at the times mentioned, please post here letting us know what you can do. This isn't a serious commitment, however, if for example one regiment brings 10 people, another brings 10, another brings 10, and 15 NA1 regulars show up, we basically all only need to stay on for 15-30 minutes for the server to start filling up naturally. It's a matter of showing people are there and we can actually accomplish this, so others that are skeptical start to jump on board.

I would like to mention some that have been involved in helping out lately. Orcaryo, for this thread and helping out. Regiment leaders [Sil] NoThisIsPatrick, and [IV]2FA Hotjoe, thank you guys for helping out and bringing your regiments on almost every time. Bear has been posting announcements and getting people on as well so thank you for that. And kudos to all the NA1 regulars that have stuck with it.

:)

« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 08:57:18 am by SillyWilly »

Offline Gurkha

• Lieutenant General
  • Former 33rd LtCol
    • View Profile
    • Official 33rd Regiment of Foot Website
  • Nick: Gurkha
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 08:09:16 am »
Good luck, this could work well but you have a certain server preventing you from reviving this server :/

Offline Superbad

• Ros the whore of Winterfell
  • Donator
  • Nothing gold can stay...
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SuperbadV
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 08:18:28 am »
Good luck, this could work well but you have a certain server preventing you from reviving this server :/

Ah yes the 63e monopoly on everything.

It's a shame really. Considering they hold the most populated server, they also get the most recruits.  While they play with the 63e most of them probably think "hey this is shitty." then leave and never come back to the game to find a different regiment, just assuming that all regiments are ran like the 63e. It's a real shame. Whatever boosts Karth's ego I guess ::)

They still suck.

I miss the good ol' days of NW. Where there would be atleast 100 people on NA 1 constantly. Now it has to be jumpstarted like an old beat-up car that your dad drove when he first got his license. I remember going on there and just playing the game I enjoy and having a grand ol' time. Playing cav and destroying the pubs who cannot block or who don't have a brain. I miss playing with an organized group on NA 1 that would just demolish and have all the pubs join. All of that changed when the 63e nation attacked...
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 08:21:10 am by Superbad »

Offline Curtis_Shuttler

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Citrus
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 08:33:46 am »
Okay, I'm going to assume that I'm considered an enemy of NW by a large chunk of the community (and especially by anyone who wants to see NA1 back on its feet), being a longtime 63e member (as well as a 63e siege admin), but I do sincerely wish the best of this effort to save NA1. It's been my favourite server since I started playing NW, and I would love to play on it again like it was back a couple of years ago.

Offline PurplePanda

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Old Gen boy, led a few bad regiments.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Purpie
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 08:37:08 am »
I mean the 63e aren't really the sole problem anymore. I think pub players are just not as attracted to NA1 because of things like bot survival, zombies and siege.

Edit: also to add on to Superbad's post. The 63e didn't cause the downfall of NA1. Poor admining, shitty server lag and just more appealing servers popped up. It's not like the 63e wake up in the morning and say "hey let's kill this community of a game we enjoy playing together". That really makes no sense.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 08:40:01 am by PurplePanda »

Offline BmCx_Blacklabel

• First Lieutenant
  • Owner and Head Admin of NA_Groupfighting.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Label
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 08:40:22 am »
I mean, if we're being realistic, NW is dying. And has been for a long time. The only reason it's still even a thing is because of regiments.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2017, 08:41:23 am »
Good luck with this. Really hope it works out. 

And I think I'm gonna pass on this chance to bash the 63e. I learned that it is pretty useless to constantly blame them for everything
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 08:44:09 am by BabyJesus »
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline SillyWilly

• Sergeant Major
  • 1v1 me na cav gf n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2017, 08:51:15 am »
The thing is, a lot of people always say something like, "yea i miss NA1" or "i wish NA1 was back" so if everyone that said that actually came on the server, we'd be full in a second.

That's the purpose of this thread. To show everyone this is serious and there's potential. We all just need to hop on at the same time, and boom. We've started with just 20 or so of us jumping on, and so many pubs and old players join, that the server is populated until 2am est.

We could have like, 10 or so regiments each bring 5 people for 20 minutes, and we'd basically be set. That was never difficult 2 years ago. It won't be now. The issue is that everyone assumes it wont work, or NA1/NW is dead, yet the amount of people that think that would be enough to fill the server.

Offline PurplePanda

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Old Gen boy, led a few bad regiments.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Purpie
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2017, 09:10:23 am »
We say we miss NA1 but I find that I really miss the feeling of NW being fresh. I miss the idea of not being a seasoned player of the game. I miss the feeling of my first few hours playing back when it was US1.

Also, it's not going to come back if we just call people to get on. It should be people who get on regardless of if there are 2 or 150 people on. Or else it's just like any event where you bring your people on for a few and maybe a few pubs will join, but there is no self propagation of the population of the server.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 09:12:46 am by PurplePanda »

Offline Superbad

• Ros the whore of Winterfell
  • Donator
  • Nothing gold can stay...
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SuperbadV
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2017, 09:14:55 am »
I mean the 63e aren't really the sole problem anymore. I think pub players are just not as attracted to NA1 because of things like bot survival, zombies and siege.

Edit: also to add on to Superbad's post. The 63e didn't cause the downfall of NA1. Poor admining, shitty server lag and just more appealing servers popped up. It's not like the 63e wake up in the morning and say "hey let's kill this community of a game we enjoy playing together". That really makes no sense.

Jokes aside, as much it may seem I am, I'm not solely blaming the 63e. Obviously the game is dying, it's a 5 year old game that doesn't get updated anymore. Obviously the game gets boring after a while of playing on the same server with *questionable* admining and a-need-for-an-upgrade server box. I, personally, play on 63e Siege on the rare occasion. I'm not saying it's a shitty or dull server, it's a fun server if you play with a group.

Okay, I'm going to assume that I'm considered an enemy of NW by a large chunk of the community (and especially by anyone who wants to see NA1 back on its feet), being a longtime 63e member (as well as a 63e siege admin), but I do sincerely wish the best of this effort to save NA1. It's been my favourite server since I started playing NW, and I would love to play on it again like it was back a couple of years ago.

I've never had a problem with you, Curtis. I'm not saying ALL 63e members must be burned at the stake. There are some cool guys in the regiment.

We say we miss NA1 but I find that I really miss the feeling of NW being fresh. I miss the idea of not being a seasoned player of the game. I miss the feeling of my first few hours playing back when it was US1.

Also, it's not going to come back if we just call people to get on. It should be people who get on regardless of if there are 2 or 150 people on. Or else it's just like any event where you bring your people on for a few and maybe a few pubs will join, but there is no self propagation of the population of the server.

Well said

Offline SillyWilly

• Sergeant Major
  • 1v1 me na cav gf n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2017, 10:12:43 am »
This is incorrect, as there has been self-propagation of the population of the server which lasts all night when there was 40 or so people on originally.

Jokes aside, as much it may seem I am, I'm not solely blaming the 63e. Obviously the game is dying, it's a 5 year old game that doesn't get updated anymore. Obviously the game gets boring after a while of playing on the same server with *questionable* admining and a-need-for-an-upgrade server box. I, personally, play on 63e Siege on the rare occasion. I'm not saying it's a shitty or dull server, it's a fun server if you play with a group.
Not like it matters but i will point out, the game did get updated recently. And also, the server actually got upgraded as well.

Offline EthanNi

• First Sergeant
  • Northern Ireland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Shrimp | Ethan
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2017, 11:36:10 am »
its like a meme it comes and goes. clearly if you all miss it play on it ffs no need to make groups and shit for people to play on it. If people wanna play on it then go for it. If not let the meme die

Offline DeadEye

• Second Lieutenant
  • Old Nr7 Oberst
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr7_DeadEye
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2017, 02:24:04 pm »
The 63e is a huge Problem in this situation. I will gladly pop in on the days that its reviving. Kinda missing NW a tad bit.

The 63e is a problem because of the way they handle their recruits. I know that if you don't take the initiative as a new player to go to their event you will be forgotten and not go. Over my entire NW career leading a regiment I probably recruited 200 people total. Getting an average attendance of 20-30 throughout. They have gotten their recruit steam group over a thousand. A Thousand People. When you run an operation that large you simply can't keep track of everything and you're not as effective with what you bring in. Smaller regiments is what keep the game thriving.

The game is dying though and we have to understand that. We cant expect 150 people on NA1 anymore, that just isn't feasible at this point.

Also what I've noticed is that regiments play way too often in 2017. Like you can't have a regiment playing 5-6 events a week like the Nvm not relevant but that is how you kill all the passion very quickly and attendance drops. like 3 days a week is good.

Not like it matters but i will point out, the game did get updated recently. And also, the server actually got upgraded as well.

The game did yeah, but not very many people will launch NW because Native got a patch that is a knock off of FI2
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 02:26:00 pm by DeadEye »

Offline LES IS MOREx

• Second Lieutenant
  • Leader of 2eDLG & Owner of Bush Wookie Gaming
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [2eDLG]Mjr_LES_IS_MOREx
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2017, 05:41:57 pm »
Unban me and we will play lol i got banned cuz they hosted gay pub line battle for a second and i went cav when i wasn't supposed to :/
Cant win if you dont play.