Author Topic: Gym Thread  (Read 25387 times)

Offline Siwi

• Donator
  • Where is BCoF
    • View Profile
  • Nick: -|- Where is BCoF -|-
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Gym Thread
« Reply #120 on: April 23, 2017, 08:21:35 pm »
how much does FSE curl?
About 300 spoilers nested inside of each other
Quote from: George W. Bush on 9/11
Battle Cry of Freedom was an inside job
NW Leaderboards
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
NA_Groupfighting

Check out the site

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
« Reply #121 on: April 24, 2017, 04:43:06 am »
how much does FSE curl?
About 300 spoilers nested inside of each other

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Locust

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 24, 2017, 01:57:10 pm »
how much does FSE curl?
The weight doesn't really matter. As long as you can correctly perform 8-12 reps for 2-4 sets you will make gains.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #123 on: April 24, 2017, 11:39:54 pm »
how much does FSE curl?
The weight doesn't really matter. As long as you can correctly perform 8-12 reps for 2-4 sets you will make gains.

Of course, just curious.

ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Locust

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 25, 2017, 08:49:36 am »
how much does FSE curl?

Of course, just curious.
For me if I start my workout with curls probably 35-40lbs.

Offline Heist

• First Lieutenant
  • 22nd Cheshire Regiment of Foot Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 22nd_Foot_Col_Murphy
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #125 on: May 01, 2017, 02:37:07 am »
how much does FSE curl?

Of course, just curious.
For me if I start my workout with curls probably 35-40lbs.

You won't make ANY gains no matter how much you lift or perform sets properly if you don't EAT and put your body into a caloric surplus with high protein intake.

And yes, weight DOES matter, you're not going to make any gains lifting pussy ass weight thats not exhausting your muscles, your muscles grow due to either stress or shock. This doesn't mean you need to go deadlift 250KG for 8 reps if you can't handle it, but this also doesn't mean just because you can perform 12 reps of 40KG deadlifts successfully with good form your muscles are going to grow because they won't, you need to lift heavy - this is defined by what's heavy enough for you to perform 8-12 reps just before or to failure.

There is a lot of bro-science behind the 8-12 rep strategy for bodybuilding and 1-6 for Powerlifting. Your body isn't a machine and can't register if you performed 8-12 reps during a set and there is nothing wrong with doing the odd 15 reps if you chose a weight that's a tad light for you by mistake if you're new to an exercise or whatever - it's all about time-under-tension, 8-12 reps is good because it's minimising the time it takes to perform sets. Doing above 20 reps you're turning an exercise into cardiovascular training. Doing below 20 and over 12 there is nothing wrong in that as long as you're exhausting the muscle during that interval, it's just more advisable to do 8-12. If you do a bit over that you will still gain mass as long as it isn't during major lifts (bench, squat, deads) which are designed for heavy weight. You can even do 6 reps of heavy ass weight, this will still help you gain mass and improve your lift.

Finally, no, there is no rule to say that you should carry out between 2-4 sets you can do 6 sets of the same exercise if you want, there is nothing wrong in doing that - it just depends what muscles you feel need more attention, if you think your quads need more attention don't be shy and do two more sets of squats or two more sets of leg press, as long as you're not overworking the muscle you're absolutely fine, and by this I mean doing something stupid that can cause injury or actually damage the muscle by overworking it I.e. Over 8 sets.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 03:47:06 am by Heist »

Offline Locust

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 07, 2017, 06:45:24 am »
Jesus Christ chill dude. Ofc you should progress on the amount of weight you lift for a given exercise. If anyone was serious about lifting they would find out this information through their own research.

Puppytron

« Reply #127 on: May 07, 2017, 08:30:00 am »
Jesus Christ chill dude. Ofc you should progress on the amount of weight you lift for a given exercise. If anyone was serious about lifting they would find out this information through their own research.
This is a god damn gym thread, don't rip on someone for offering decent advise and insight. For all you know someone could have been thinking about it but not  necessarily serious yet and this would give them an idea of what to expect as well as perhaps inspiration to begin.

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 07, 2017, 11:00:44 am »
Going to the gym since 2 weeks now, tis quite fun. Though it does feel kinda weird to have next to no idea what you're doing.

Currently just using machines as im too much of a pussy to go to free weights, doing each exercise with 10 reps 3 times. That wrong? Help me fitness gods of FSE
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline Commander Bondage

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Don Bonleone
« Reply #129 on: May 07, 2017, 06:57:23 pm »
Going to the gym since 2 weeks now, tis quite fun. Though it does feel kinda weird to have next to no idea what you're doing.

Currently just using machines as im too much of a pussy to go to free weights, doing each exercise with 10 reps 3 times. That wrong? Help me fitness gods of FSE
Hahaha I feel you
Tears and screams of pain and pleasure our gifts we will share forever
*President of the Heartkeeper's club*Chairman of the Good Boys board*

Offline Heist

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 08, 2017, 02:20:58 pm »

Read up on some exercises and techniques then start light. Leave your ego at the door, nobody cares if you're using light weight, everybody starts somewhere. I actually admire those who are lifting light to start off rather than looking like an idiot trying to lift weight they obviously can't handle in a failed attempt to impress friends.

Get a meal plan sorted and make a routine (Back day, Leg day, Chest day, Arm day, Shoulder day - or you can split up bicep and triceps and put them into Back and Chest day routines) it will come more apparent as you begin researching.

Don't be afraid to use free-weights they're the best training method, some machines are good to use though to add some variation to your workout. 
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 02:29:52 pm by Heist »

Offline Keita

• Major General
  • deco, mezzala, regista, guiniesta, picolas nepe
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 08, 2017, 02:56:40 pm »
Murphy is hench af.
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 08, 2017, 04:54:44 pm »
Murphy is apparently also helpful as fuck. Thanks :)
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline Heist

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 09, 2017, 12:15:10 am »
About the 10 reps for three times remark. Is that wrong? No mate it's not, that's fine as long as your muscles are being worked just before failure. You can go heavier and aim for 6 or 8 reps or go lighter and aim for 12 or even sometimes on occasion more. Up the sets too, 4 is the norm but it's not uncommon to do 3 - 6, mix this around for different exercises.

I tend to aim low for the heavier compound lifts, so with bench press I tend to do 6 - 8 reps I might sometimes do 10 on weight I normally do 8 reps for if I want to really push myself to failure. The same goes for Squats and Deadlifts. I rarely do 12 reps for these three exercises but this is only my own personal preference, I enjoy lifting really heavy on these. The same for Military press actually, it's not classified as one of the three major lifts but I treat it as one because it helps you lift heavy for such lifts like Olympic, Clean and Jerk or Max Axle.

On the smaller lifts I will do 12 often, so for example cable, machine or dumbbell flies. Tricep pull downs, skull crushers, hammer curls, bent over rows... the list goes on. But I do still tend to aim for 10, 8 or 6. It really depends, as Arnold used to say you need to shock the muscles, do things it's not used to, trick your body into growth because your body gets used to routine.

Some really good advise for you would be to develop a mind-muscle connection, when you're doing reps think about what muscle you're meant to be engaging and make them do most of the work. Think of your arms like levers (but obviously still use them) during chest and back exercises to get the full potential out of your workout, this will help target the muscle better and exhaust it quicker. Ensure you're also using full range of motion, no half repetitions.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 07:21:55 am by Heist »

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #134 on: June 23, 2017, 07:48:20 am »
I'm up to 205lb one rep match for bench press, which is well above my actual weight so I'm making some good progress. When you don't work out with a spot/friend chest days get shitty.