Author Topic: I cannot join servers!  (Read 4624 times)

Offline jackthatsme123

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
I cannot join servers!
« on: October 15, 2016, 01:02:14 am »
Hello, i just started playing the north and south mod, but i'm getting an error that
im not getting in the Napoleonic wars dlc.  when i try to join a server i get a pop up saying:

"the server is running a different module than the one you are currently running,
do you want mount&blade to switch to this module?"

I un-installed everything and verified the cache on steam, i bought the game legit on steam,
and i have version 1.1 north and south, and am running v1.168 for mount and blade.

please help!

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: I cannot join servers!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 01:14:01 am »
I heard installing autoblock works out kinks such as this. Give it a go.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 03:08:21 am »
Hello, i just started playing the north and south mod, but i'm getting an error that
im not getting in the Napoleonic wars dlc.  when i try to join a server i get a pop up saying:

"the server is running a different module than the one you are currently running,

I un-installed everything and verified the cache on steam, i bought the game legit on steam,
and i have version 1.1 north and south, and am running v1.168 for mount and blade.

please help!
Whichever server you are attempting to join may be running an older mod version than the one you have. Try joining a different server.
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline jackthatsme123

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 05:37:35 am »
I heard installing autoblock works out kinks such as this. Give it a go.
What is autoblock?

Offline turanafon

• Sergeant Major
  • TRNC - Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus
    • View Profile
  • Nick: JudgeY
  • Side: Union
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 02:46:04 pm »
see if you can join the UNION ARMY server tonight at 9pm gmt
UA-Eagle Brigade-Staff_Adjutant_Ichabod_Crane

https://imgur.com/a/CQ8Uzv3

Offline jackthatsme123

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2016, 06:49:33 pm »

please help!
Whichever server you are attempting to join may be running an older mod version than the one you have. Try joining a different server.
Trust me i tried most servers, all the same answer...

Offline Aternox

• Second Lieutenant
  • A prayer's as good as a bayonet on a day like this
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2016, 08:45:38 pm »
Please write the name of the north and south folder exactly as written in your Modules folder.
(By default the Modules folder is found C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband\Modules )

Also, write what steps you take to open up the game with the mount and blade:warband launcher

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2016, 05:43:44 am »
Please write the name of the north and south folder exactly as written in your Modules folder.
(By default the Modules folder is found C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband\Modules )
Which is
North and South First Manassas

If Version 1.0 was patched, be sure to have that too. Else, try making a module folder copy of N&S without the patch too. There should be no reason why you cannot join a specific mod's servers.

Also, double check your module folder is 'normal' you should only need to open the mod folder once from \Modules to see it's contents. If it's like this with the installed path: North and South First Manassas -> North and South First Manassas
then move it directly to \Modules by dragging it over the file path on top in File Explorer.
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.