Author Topic: Fourth Election (September-October term) - Candidates and discussion  (Read 16190 times)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Apologies for the delay.

candidate format
Name:
EU or NA?:
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust? :
Why should you become CR? :
[close]

Candidates EU:

Riddlez
Having been part of this community for over 4 years, I have seen it all. I have taken my breaks, but am now here to stay. I was there when the first round of community reps was there and I was sceptical, but in its current form I can almost smell the potential.
I can put up a long and morally pleasing story here, but I will get right to the point. The list below will be the spearpoints on which I will be focusing, would you grant me the everlasting favour of choosing me as your EU Community Representative:

- Carefully take into account the critique former CRs have received. In particular about communicating closely with the community. I plan on visiting the TeamSpeak servers of the Larger regiments frequently, but also keeping in touch with the smaller clans out there. My focus, however, will lie with the forums and the larger clans, I am a mere human and cannot visit everyone.
I will also go around 'open' TS servers where multiple clans are situated.

- I will do my utmost to inform the community of any matter I deem serious enough to share. I will publicise what I am working on, what suggestions I have received and what the status is on any projects I will be working on.

- I will keep lines to the moderation staff close and try to convey the wishes, woes and grievances of the community as best as I can.

- I will also set myself an objective to come in closer contact with isolated branches of this community, in particular NW-ers who are not fluent in the King's English (this is not a jab to the U.S.)
I know that there are (sometimes large) pockets of community out there hwo are hesitant to get on the forum due to the language barriers. I will be able to get into contact with Dutch and German pockets myself and will try others if possible, hopefully finding translators.
Why do I find this important? It is apparent that NW's popularity has decreased over the years. In a game that is losing popularity, every community member is valuable. My focus, however, will still remain at the already active (regimental) side of this community.

One thing that I will not be organised myself, but would most definitely be willing to help with, is organising community events in terms of gameplay. Why? I do not think it is the duty nor the job of a CR to host such events, as this may potentially lead to controversy. As mentioned I would be willing to help, but I will try to never put me in a position where my objectivity can be doubted.

I sincerely hope this community sees me fit to be a community representative.

At your service,
Riddlez

UPDATE: I have intitiated contact with a number of regiments. I hope to get replies soon and to get into more permanent contact. If this community grants me the honour of representing them, I will be open to be contacted via their TS servers, amongst other channels, of course
[close]

pokerguthix
I have been in this community for the past 4 years now. I always loved the community and it's great people and that's why i want to represent this glorious community, full of political experts, advisors and feminists.

Me and my family were really poor. We were living in berlin where we had to experience how harsh life can be. My father left my mother before i was born, but my mother never got over him so she decided to be a transgender. But i still loved her, because she was my only family.
My mother told me when i was a kid: " do what you want, it doesn't matter what you do, but be great at it so you can share your potential earnings with me". I respect her for that. My mother was always like a father to me. Thanks to his support i am who i am today. And even though i don't make any money as a community representant, he respects my decision. She decided to let me live at my grandparents house if i get this post, because there i have a working wlan connection, a bed to sleep and a bathtub. But i'm not here to talk about my family, let's get back to topic.

Because i never went to school and because i know a lot of different languages i have a lot of contact with all kinds of people, in real life and in this community. I speak fluently english, german and my french and japanese are also acceptable. People respect me and i respect them, mostly because I am a really serious person. People always tell me:"you must be fun at parties". I would like to agree but i get drunk after 2 shots or 3 beer so usually the security has a really hard job with me.
But apart from all of that, i have a lot of knowledge about all kinds of different people and know how to handle them.
I've dealt with racism, homophobia, Trump Supporters,Hillary Supporters, People who think the earth is flat and most importantly: trolls.
People dislike me because they can never win an argument against me, but a little bit of disliking is also necessary to build a healthy relationship between the different communitys and people.
Like i already said, i have a lot of free time available for this board and i really like this community, so i would proudly represent you in all kind of things.

If you have any question related to me or my past or any other theme feel free to ask them.
I wish all other candidates good luck
Mr_Azuris
[close]

Blaze
I have been playing Napoleonic Wars for at least 3 years now taking decent breaks every now and then, During that time I really didn't focus on getting a
FSE account as I thought I didn't need one, When I created one (Last Year in 2015 July) I noticed that this is a community that I would enjoy to be apart of,
Again during that Month I took a break that well lasted to October when I finally decided to get back into the game and created a new FSE account back in February.
I would say that I have gotten to know the Community quite well and the members that lie within it.
I have alot of spare time that I usually just spend on FSE and am willing to spend as much time possible to help this forum out by interacting with everyone as much as possible.
[close]

Candidates NA:

AP0CALYPS3
Why should you become CR?: I am incredibly active on the forums and not much drama starts without me knowing about it (NA side, at least). Ive also been around for a while, and I feel like I could do a pretty decent job representing the community. I also have some things I would like to accomplish on the forums/in the community that I feel I would not otherwise be able to accomplish without being CR.
[close]

Jakester
I am a person who stands good with many forum users and regiments and browses the forums on a regular basis. I've not been around an incredible amount of time (not a mount and musket person, sorry) but I have been around long enough to see some things happen in the forums. I will be able to actively communicate between the player base and the moderation, and will unbiasly attempt to enact what the community requests of me. Although I have no current "agenda" I have full confidence in myself that I will be able to handle issues in the community quickly and effectively. I will be open to people if they need to talk to me on steam and these forums!
[close]

Wastee
Well people are telling me to run so Ap0c isn't elected. I've been playing this game active on and off for 4 years now. I led a decent regiment and have never given anyone a reason to hate me in my opinion. I was very active on the forums but not anymore, I'm able to get back into it however. In case you want some info on me I am Minnesotan so Minnesota nice and I am a senior in High School this year and am active in theatre. If you have any questions PM me!

#makeNWmountandmusketagain

-Waste
[close]

« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 12:02:28 am by Karth »

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Fourth Election (September-October term) - Candidates and discussion
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 07:40:58 pm »
Hope the next group of individuals actually look to take efforts to communicate with the community more like  the previous CRs have.

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 07:44:14 pm »
Hope the next group of individuals actually look to take efforts to communicate with the community more like  the previous CRs have.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 08:01:57 pm »
EU or NA?: EU
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust? : I am, I do
Why should you become CR?:

Having been part of this community for over 4 years, I have seen it all. I have taken my breaks, but am now here to stay. I was there when the first round of community reps was there and I was sceptical, but in its current form I can almost smell the potential.
I can put up a long and morally pleasing story here, but I will get right to the point. The list below will be the spearpoints on which I will be focusing, would you grant me the everlasting favour of choosing me as your EU Community Representative:

- Carefully take into account the critique former CRs have received. In particular about communicating closely with the community. I plan on visiting the TeamSpeak servers of the Larger regiments frequently, but also keeping in touch with the smaller clans out there. My focus, however, will lie with the forums and the larger clans, I am a mere human and cannot visit everyone.
I will also go around 'open' TS servers where multiple clans are situated.

- I will do my utmost to inform the community of any matter I deem serious enough to share. I will publicise what I am working on, what suggestions I have received and what the status is on any projects I will be working on.

- I will keep lines to the moderation staff close and try to convey the wishes, woes and grievances of the community as best as I can.

- I will also set myself an objective to come in closer contact with isolated branches of this community, in particular NW-ers who are not fluent in the King's English (this is not a jab to the U.S.)
I know that there are (sometimes large) pockets of community out there hwo are hesitant to get on the forum due to the language barriers. I will be able to get into contact with Dutch and German pockets myself and will try others if possible, hopefully finding translators.
Why do I find this important? It is apparent that NW's popularity has decreased over the years. In a game that is losing popularity, every community member is valuable. My focus, however, will still remain at the already active (regimental) side of this community.

One thing that I will not be organised myself, but would most definitely be willing to help with, is organising community events in terms of gameplay. Why? I do not think it is the duty nor the job of a CR to host such events, as this may potentially lead to controversy. As mentioned I would be willing to help, but I will try to never put me in a position where my objectivity can be doubted.

I sincerely hope this community sees me fit to be a community representative.

At your service,
Riddlez

UPDATE: I have intitiated contact with a number of regiments. I hope to get replies soon and to get into more permanent contact. If this community grants me the honour of representing them, I will be open to be contacted via their TS servers, amongst other channels, of course

« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 08:39:01 pm by Riddlez »
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Rhen

• Colonel
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 09:08:23 pm »

Here I stand, babes?

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2016, 10:50:32 pm »
/sub

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Siwi

• Donator
  • Where is BCoF
    • View Profile
  • Nick: -|- Where is BCoF -|-
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2016, 04:29:28 am »
You can fuck right off, cancer
Quote from: George W. Bush on 9/11
Battle Cry of Freedom was an inside job
NW Leaderboards
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
NA_Groupfighting

Check out the site

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2016, 05:47:21 am »

Well, I don't really mean it as a personal attack. But I was just saying that none of the current CRs really made any real effort to go out and communicate. At one point you even said in a post that you don't think that it was necessary to do so. You're a pretty chill dude Siwi, but not everyone is meant to be a good CR. Just thought you were put in a bad spot because junedragon and Mack set actual expectations for the role and showed that it actually can be good and done properly.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2016, 09:16:41 am »
Name: AP0CALYPS3
EU or NA?:  NA
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Yep
Why should you become CR?: I am incredibly active on the forums and not much drama starts without me knowing about it (NA side, at least). Ive also been around for a while, and I feel like I could do a pretty decent job representing the community. I also have some things I would like to accomplish on the forums/in the community that I feel I would not otherwise be able to accomplish without being CR.

Well, I don't really mean it as a personal attack. But I was just saying that none of the current CRs really made any real effort to go out and communicate. At one point you even said in a post that you don't think that it was necessary to do so. You're a pretty chill dude Siwi, but not everyone is meant to be a good CR. Just thought you were put in a bad spot because junedragon and Mack set actual expectations for the role and showed that it actually can be good and done properly.

Ill stop you right there, I think the previous CRs have done their best to communicate with the community and act as a middle man with the mods. I have had steam convos with Siwi everytime I felt the community needed him, but after conversations with him and other previous CRs I have come to the conclusion that as it stands right now, the CR has next to no voice in the moderation team, preventing them from being little more than glorified event hosts.

I would like to try the position myself and see what I can do for the community with it, but from what I have heard from previous CRs, the position's authority definitely needs to be re-negotiated with the mods.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 09:25:00 am by AP0CALYPS3 »

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2016, 10:08:22 am »
How do I know Apoc isn't just going to act like a troll and meme around when he's the CR? I would vote nobody instead.

Spoiler
[close]

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2016, 11:01:04 am »

This is something I have come across, too. I bet most people have. As I have detailed in my post, I would be trying my best to fix this.
Perhaps it is because I have no current active affilitation with a regiment, but I have not seen a lot of CR activity the past two months and I hope to be able to fix that in the next term.

I also think this:

Is an inappropiriate response to criticism. Even if your term is at an end.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2016, 03:10:55 pm »
but after conversations with him and other previous CRs I have come to the conclusion that as it stands right now, the CR has next to no voice in the moderation team, preventing them from being little more than glorified event hosts.
I'll stop you right there, you certainly do have a voice in the moderation team. During my term I made and suggested various changes that were forum related, which wouldn't have been possible without the support/approval of the moderation team. If the CR wouldn't have a say in the moderation team, I would assume they would've ignored them or pushed them aside instead. On top of that, if there were issues related to forum members, the CR's were always welcomed to have a say in the matter.

If there's one obstacle that could prevent CR's from trying to approve the community on a more official note then it is the FSE team itself.

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2016, 03:25:02 pm »
but after conversations with him and other previous CRs I have come to the conclusion that as it stands right now, the CR has next to no voice in the moderation team, preventing them from being little more than glorified event hosts.
I'll stop you right there, you certainly do have a voice in the moderation team. During my term I made and suggested various changes that were forum related, which wouldn't have been possible without the support/approval of the moderation team. If the CR wouldn't have a say in the moderation team, I would assume they would've ignored them or pushed them aside instead. On top of that, if there were issues related to forum members, the CR's were always welcomed to have a say in the matter.

If there's one obstacle that could prevent CR's from trying to approve the community on a more official note then it is the FSE team itself.

This. Saying that the CR have no push or pull with the moderation team is completely false. The previous CRs before the current ones pushed through new forum rules, all of which came with discussions between various members in the community. When june was CR, he stepped in on certain threads where a lot of people were just throwing insults at another and calmed them down. So to say that CRs have no push and pull with moderation is a false statement. Also, discussing with the community as a whole and messaging a single person in the community via a third party chat messenger is not even comparable. All I'm saying is that there seemed to have not been an effort given at the least, and that shows more than anything else.

How do I know Apoc isn't just going to act like a troll and meme around when he's the CR? I would vote nobody instead.

Spoiler
[close]

I'll be honest, Ap0c has his moments. But when it comes to a discussion of any sort, he is a very objective individual in the process (hard to say that for a lot of people in this forum). I feel he would communicate well with the community. His only knock would be the difficulty to change a point of view he has on a subject matter and to have him look at it another way. But a lot of people are that way ::).   If no one else I see is worthy, Apoc would probably be my vote seeing as he should do a fine enough job in my opinion.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 03:35:50 pm by GeneralSquirts »

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2016, 03:39:28 pm »
I noticed that in previous discussioon threads the voting date was mentioned. Could this be added here, too?

Offline Siwi

• Donator
  • Where is BCoF
    • View Profile
  • Nick: -|- Where is BCoF -|-
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2016, 04:10:02 pm »

This. Saying that the CR have no push or pull with the moderation team is completely false. The previous CRs before the current ones pushed through new forum rules, all of which came with discussions between various members in the community. When june was CR, he stepped in on certain threads where a lot of people were just throwing insults at another and calmed them down. So to say that CRs have no push and pull with moderation is a false statement. Also, discussing with the community as a whole and messaging a single person in the community via a third party chat messenger is not even comparable. All I'm saying is that there seemed to have not been an effort given at the least, and that shows more than anything else.

Spoiler
[close]

I'll be honest, Ap0c has his moments. But when it comes to a discussion of any sort, he is a very objective individual in the process (hard to say that for a lot of people in this forum). I feel he would communicate well with the community. His only knock would be the difficulty to change a point of view he has on a subject matter and to have him look at it another way. But a lot of people are that way ::).   If no one else I see is worthy, Apoc would probably be my vote seeing as he should do a fine enough job in my opinion.
You literally only come on here and just criticize everything. Never anything constructive. So as far as I'm concerned, your opinion is just your opinion.

Furthermore, Why did I get warned for racism for that post?
1. Derogatory or discriminatory remarks based on ethnicity, nationality, gender, religion or personal beliefs
I did not do any of these.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 04:16:07 pm by Siwi »
Quote from: George W. Bush on 9/11
Battle Cry of Freedom was an inside job
NW Leaderboards
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
NA_Groupfighting

Check out the site