Author Topic: Koxxus' Uniforms Manufactory [Gimme some requests]  (Read 40128 times)

Offline Coldstreamer

• First Lieutenant
  • Leader of 1er Suisse, Ski Instructor, Paintballer
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
  • Nick: J-Man11
  • Side: Union
Re: Koxxus' Uniforms Manufactory [Taking Requests]
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2016, 06:25:38 pm »
thx, but they are light blue, but thats fine.. anyway thx!!

Offline Duke Of LongTree

• First Lieutenant
  • 1stRM/USMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2016, 08:58:59 pm »
I rate this workshop 10/10 makes best skins

Offline 72ndPA

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2016, 11:26:44 pm »
Historical uniform set up for ANV C.S troops 1862 the correct way
Here is a unit to try 6th Alabama infantry Co. I Raccoon Roughs just go by the guideline below and you will be fine.

Also one  here is one of  the actual hats used by the  one of the men of Co.I  Raccoon Roughs but not ever one of the men had them just a few

Historical uniform set up here officer also this is just a base of it for 6th Alabama infantry Co. I
Spoiler

[close]
Battle of Sharpsburg (Antietam)
Colonel Gordon commanded the regiment in desperate fighting in the Sunken Road, where it lost 52 men killed and 104 wounded.

A soldier would have worn a shirt, drawers, socks, trousers, jacket, cap or hat, and shoes/boots. Depending on the exact unit the soldier may have received some or all of his clothing from a government depot. Some soldiers received State issued uniforms, North Carolina, Georgia, and Alabama, come to mind. Local clothing drives were also made for some out of state units, and depots were set up to store these goods, e.g. the Texas Depot for the Texas Brigade.
Imported accouterments, weapons, and clothing is a very interesting topic as well. Although I think that most would agree with me in that the majority of military goods received up through 1862 were arms deliveries

Jacket list

Frock Coats
The most versatile of all Confederate garments.

Commutation Jackets
The term "commutation jacket" as we know it today generally covers any jacket that was sent from home to a soldier serving in the field or issued to him after being provided through relief societies or purchased on the unit-wide scale from manufacturers.
Early in the war the commutation system was set up to allow the central CS government some relief from having to supply the soldiers, at least until the depot system could come into full swing.

CS Four Button Jacket Also civilian sack coat
The mysterious four button jacket that has been found in dozens of images and existing examples can be found across the nation, yet no one has yet identified which depot, if any, they came from.

Richmond Depot jackets
Jacket Design

Richmond Depot shell jacket
The jackets produced during the war were not grouped into different types until long after the war was over, being set by modern historians. Many, if not all of the jackets were produced from the Richmond depot in a production line, with the details being omitted as time went by to save material due to war time shortages and faster completion rates. One of the parts of this 'production line', consisted of sewing groups, or the ladies of the towns and city, that would come to the facilities, take unfinished uniforms and bolts of cloth, and drop off the completed uniforms. Three types of Richmond Depot jackets were produced:

In mid-1862, the Type I was phased out for the Type II. Due to scarce supplies, they were made of jeans (a mixture of wool and cotton) or satinette and cassimere. There are several extant examples of Type IIs throughout out the United States, including in the American Civil War Museum. The Richmond Depot Type II jacket is characterized by a nine-button front, no buttons on the cuffs, top-stitched edges, shoulder straps, belt loops on each hip, an unbleached cotton osnaburg lining and interior pockets. It has a six piece body and two piece sleeves. Generally, it has no trim, although examples with partial trim do exist.

Trousers List

CS mule ear pocket trousers
Civilian oriented trousers made of various material Cotton /Jean wool e.g
Captured Federal issue trousers

Belts&Buckle
Painted Canvas Waist Belts
Leather Waist Belts
Georgia Frame Buckle and Belt
Sheet Brass Buckle Belt
Copper Buckle Belt
Single Billet Belt
Fork Tongue Frame Buckle
Painted Canvas Shoulder Belt   
Leather Waist Belts
C.S. Brass Belt Plates
Georgia Frame Buckle and Belt

Haversacks & Canteens

Canteen - for water. Confederate manufacturers produced tin and wooden canteens. Wooden canteens are generally described as Gardner or Nuckolls patterns. CS tin canteens may be "tin drum" type, or copies of the US M1858 "smoothside canteen". Patent filter canteens would have also been available, generally as a private purchase item.
*Also Canteens need to be high on the body of the soldier
List

CS Tin Drum Canteen Without cover
CS Copper Canteen. Without cover
US Model 1858 Canteen With and without cover
Eight Ring Bullseye canteen With and without cover
Five Ring Bullseye canteen With and without cover

*Cloth strap & leather straps

Haversack - for carrying rations. CS produced varieties are typically made from a cotton drill material and are generally plain canvas. Tarred, or oil cloth examples were also issued. Given the ANV's numerous encounters with Federal forces in 1862 it is probable that a soldier may have carried a captured Federal haversack of the M1851 pattern, or a similar variant.

Cartridge box - for carrying ammunition. 1862 is generally viewed as too early for large amounts of imported accouterments. Primarily soldiers were carrying CS copies of M1839 or M1857 cartridge boxes, or their captured Federal counterparts. CS manufactured cartridge boxes have many specific features that distinguish them from US varieties, but generally follow established pre-war Federal patterns, as with many CS equipments. The box may or may not be worn with a box sling.

Cap pouch - for carrying percussion caps. Provided the soldier was not carrying a flintlock arm, a percussion cap pouch was worn on the right front of the wearers belt. Again, CS manufactured pouches generally follow US patterns. The M1845 and M1850 patterns are common CS copies, as are "shield front" cap pouches. Again, captured Federal accouterments may be encountered.

Bayonet scabbard - for carrying the bayonet. Scabbard is worn on the left side of the wearers belt. CS bayonet scabbards are typically fully sewn versions of the M1859 scabbard. Sometimes encountered with brass, or tin tips, or as in the case with some scabbards issued through Richmond, with a fully sewn tip. Again, captured Federal accouterments could be encountered.

Knapsack

Knapsack - a backpack, for carrying a blanket, ground cloth, tentage, personal items. It is important to note that not all Confederate soldiers were issued knapsacks. However, CS domestic production are generally copies of the US M1825 "Mexian War" knapsack. Militia "hardpack" style knapsacks would also still be encountered at this time. There is a series of images taken of CS dead at Sharpsburg that show Confederate soldiers with French style hardpack knapsacks. There is also evidence that apart from some limited importation that there was some attempt to domestically produce French style knapsacks. Federal knapsacks are of the M1855 type, or contractor variants, and may have been used.

Inside the knapsack soldiers would carry a blanket and groundcloth. CS groundcloths are painted cloth, where as Federal versions are rubberized cloth (however, painted cloth Federal ground cloths were common; as there was a shortage of rubberized ground cloths). A Confederate soldier might also carry a civilian floor cloth. If he did not have a knapsack, the ground cloth, blanket and any personal items would be rolled into a bed roll and carried as a horse collar, or hobo roll.

Knapsack List / Bedroll
Single Bag Knapsack
The Isaac and Campbell Knapsack
Kibler Knapsack
Union Double Bag Knapsack With and without bedroll
horse collar, or hobo roll
Coverlits

Hats
Each slouch hat whether it is a Beehive/Hardee/Ect. Needs to have its own shape and Characteristic's. No hat looked like the next. Look at original Photos and every mans hat was shaped to they're own style and personality. You could add a simple system to this game to where people could shape they're own hats. Example, Say I wanted to Turn my brim up and cock my hat with a slight slant on my head and dent in the base of the hat. This would add a whole new level to the game giving everyone they're own choice and style.

Beehive hat
High Beehive
Low Crown Beehive
Beehive Farmer
Low Bowler
C.S. Version of U.S. Hardee Hat
U.S. Hardee Hat
C.S. Version of 1858 Forage Cap with Oilcloth Visor or Unbound /Bound Leather Visor
Homespun Kepi with Oilcloth Visor with Oilcloth Visor or Unbound /Bound Leather Visor
Homespun Jean Cloth Kepi Oilcloth Visor with Oilcloth Visor or Unbound /Bound Leather Visor

Shoes
The confederates had a wide range of foot wear in the early years of the war. Most common was civilian shoe's and boots. But by 62 and hundreds of miles marching a lot of those shoes was gone but they still had some , They was being issued majority of Imported British brogans "Booties" and Boots. The most common was the Jefferson and the Short boot(Tucked and Untucked in they're pants).Even some Confederates in some instance's would be wearing federal brogans and boots from previous engagements and was able to snag some off the dead if they was lucky enough.

Credits
=====================
Rhet D. Vito  List of Hats ,Knapsack List / Bedroll list , Canteen List , Belts&Buckle List
Trousers List still WIP
Luke Young - Sources and information on Canteens/Shoes
SCAR- Southeast Coalition of Authentic Reenactors  - Sources for research on the American Civil war
Wiki-More information
Authentic Campaigner-Information on uniforms on the civil war and examples
Civilwartalk Information on uniforms on the civil war and examples
Whambaugh and white co. - Examples and research on uniforms

[/size][/font]

Offline Duke Of LongTree

• First Lieutenant
  • 1stRM/USMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2016, 11:48:54 pm »
11th Mississippi Co I 

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Coldstreamer

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2016, 12:28:38 am »
Banner for 55thNY: 

Offline Koxxus

• First Lieutenant
  • Pułkownik (Colonel) Pułku 4. Piechoty LP
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4pp_LP_Płk_Koxxus
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2016, 08:07:38 am »
11th Mississippi Co I 

Spoiler
[close]

His weapon is one of those who only Admin has.
"Ma frappe y'a personne qui l’arrête
Penalty j'souris au gardien
Igo y'a Mowgli dans l’arène
Ciseaux retourné comme Papin"

Offline Koxxus

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2016, 08:09:41 am »
Banner for 55thNY: 

Vanilla 79thNY have only U.S. Battle Flag, and State flag. If I'll change it, all of NY units will use 55th flag
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 10:06:27 am by Koxxus »

Offline Coldstreamer

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2016, 05:36:47 pm »
oh gg, that would be funny lol

Offline Duke Of LongTree

• First Lieutenant
  • 1stRM/USMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2016, 07:23:22 pm »
Foreign intervention

German; 41st (5th East Prussian) Infantry "von Boyen". Raised 1860
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Koxxus

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2016, 08:38:53 pm »
Today, you're able to download 1st South Carolina Infantry (USCT) and 144th Pennsylvania Infantry. I'll try to give you at least one skin per week :)

Offline ThePatriot98

• Lieutenant General
  • FOR THE UNION!!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USADominic
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2016, 10:07:35 pm »
39thny pls? :D that would be interesting to see with their unique hat and such
Major of the 11th New York Volunteer Infantry Regiment, 1st Division, 2nd "Eagle" Brigade

Offline Coldstreamer

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2016, 12:17:04 am »
yeah, the best were always the foreigners :)

Offline Malkolm R. Lind

• Major
  • Why do drugs when you can listen to music?
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Illya
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2016, 12:28:48 am »
Really good work. You get stuff done quick too. Good job. :D The only problem I have is that J-Man wished the 55th to replace the 79th who use scottish voices. Which sort of destroys it for me. xd

Offline Coldstreamer

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2016, 06:34:57 am »
I asked him to make it, and he decided the unit smart one, and yes, because the 55thNY, was french

Offline Koxxus

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2016, 08:41:43 am »
I'll give them little patch today :).
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 11:52:12 am by Koxxus »