Author Topic: A question about the chevrons on jackets.  (Read 1722 times)

Offline GodEmperorTitus

• Private
  • Serjeant in the 32nd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 32nd_Sjt_Titus
  • Side: Union
A question about the chevrons on jackets.
« on: May 16, 2016, 09:43:52 pm »
Now I'm making some new skins and all is going well so far, however, I need to make the chevrons in the texture appear on just the right arm of the jacket, not both (as would be achieved by simply putting it on the correct part of the arm texture). I know that it can be done as the 95th rifle sergeant has his chevrons on his right arm.

I would like to know how to make that happen on other classes. Any help at all would be appreciated as I'm rather stumped at the moment.

Offline Blitz_craig

• First Lieutenant
  • Developer, War of 1812
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: A question about the chevrons on jackets.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 11:27:47 pm »
Now I'm making some new skins and all is going well so far, however, I need to make the chevrons in the texture appear on just the right arm of the jacket, not both (as would be achieved by simply putting it on the correct part of the arm texture). I know that it can be done as the 95th rifle sergeant has his chevrons on his right arm.

I would like to know how to make that happen on other classes. Any help at all would be appreciated as I'm rather stumped at the moment.

If you only want the chevrons to appear on the one arm, use the rifle sergeant model and then apply the skin you want to use over it.

Offline GodEmperorTitus

• Private
  • Serjeant in the 32nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 11:48:54 pm »
I would but I don't want to reshape the mesh because the epaulets are not the correct shape.

Edit: Oh and also it has that daft neckerchief thing that looks very out of place on a redcoat.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 12:00:54 am by GodEmperorTitus »

Offline Blitz_craig

• First Lieutenant
  • Developer, War of 1812
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 01:11:16 am »
I would but I don't want to reshape the mesh because the epaulets are not the correct shape.

Edit: Oh and also it has that daft neckerchief thing that looks very out of place on a redcoat.

The shoulder wings and the knot of the neckerchief can be removed from the mesh if you have any software, such as wings 3d, that is capable of editing .obj files.

You can also break the model into sub-meshes with the open brf software and remove what you do not want and then recombine the mesh.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 01:13:02 am by Blitz_craig »

Offline GodEmperorTitus

• Private
  • Serjeant in the 32nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 01:22:47 am »

The shoulder wings and the knot of the neckerchief can be removed from the mesh if you have any software, such as wings 3d, that is capable of editing .obj files.

You can also break the model into sub-meshes with the open brf software and remove what you do not want and then recombine the mesh.

That's very much what I hoped to avoid as I'll have to learn it from scratch, nevertheless if that's the only option I shall persevere.