Author Topic: North and South - 1.1 Download  (Read 68105 times)

Offline SaintDuck

• Volunteer
  • Hey it's duck
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Duck
  • Side: Neutral
Re: North and South - 1.1 PATCH released!
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2016, 11:52:54 pm »
Hoorah!  8)

Offline First God

• Second Lieutenant
  • Only god grant the Victory
    • View Profile
  • Nick: First God
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2016, 12:01:57 am »
FirstGod approves this patch :V

Offline Malkolm R. Lind

• Major
  • Why do drugs when you can listen to music?
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Illya
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2016, 12:28:31 am »
Let's see if we can get those bloody fife and drum sounds into there asap.

Offline JohannGustavsen

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stMN[B]Cpt.Wilfried
  • Side: Union
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2016, 03:35:23 am »
The Norwegian LumberJack Society shall rise!

Spoiler
[close]

Offline DrummerHoff

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rusty_Shackles
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2016, 05:03:18 am »
I fucking click on the link and it says "authorize download" so I click on it and it literally does nothing wtf any help?

Offline Sethja8

• Second Lieutenant
  • infamous soundmod creator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [1erPLG]Lans_Sethja8
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2016, 05:40:01 am »

Offline Shine

• Donator
  • ˙͜>˙
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [1erPLG]Lans_5hine
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2016, 05:44:32 pm »
noice

Offline TheDoctor

• Sergeant Major
  • UB_1stDE_LtCol_TheDoctor Former Col of 11thMS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CaptainArtard or AndyTheIrishmen
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2016, 12:31:20 am »
Just wanted to tell to guys, that fort hohenfel and fort niagra are fixed. People can't walk through the walls any more.
So what you are saying is, you have a tactile mind of a potato...
--Burnout

Offline Ukima

• Corporal
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
  • Nick: 32nd_Sjt_Ukima
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2016, 01:13:12 am »
Love the new weapons and units and all. Especially love the natives and U.S. sharpshooters. The U.S. sharpshooters have a Sharps rifle, and if I recall correctly that's a breech loading weapon? Why does it load like a muzzleloader then? I also had hoped you would have fixed the breech loading animation for the cavalry's carbines. They load like lever-action repeating rifles, which is just weird. Can't you just let them be breech loaders. I know those are advantaged to rifled muskets, but it would be more realistic. In the end it's all about tactics and finding a way against them.

Offline Ry1459

• Captain
  • Think about it TWICE.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ry1459
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2016, 03:27:40 am »
Love the new weapons and units and all. Especially love the natives and U.S. sharpshooters. The U.S. sharpshooters have a Sharps rifle, and if I recall correctly that's a breech loading weapon? Why does it load like a muzzleloader then? I also had hoped you would have fixed the breech loading animation for the cavalry's carbines. They load like lever-action repeating rifles, which is just weird. Can't you just let them be breech loaders. I know those are advantaged to rifled muskets, but it would be more realistic. In the end it's all about tactics and finding a way against them.
Pretty sure it's for balancing reasons.

Offline Hinkel

• Board Moderator
  • Confederate Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gen_Hinkel
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2016, 09:10:43 am »

The sharps are in since 1.0 and working the same.

In warband, you have a crossbow animation, which was replaced with muzzle reload and
Bow animation = revolver reload.

If you would assign the pistole animation to the sharps, they would be able to reload while moving. This would ban the unit in line battles. Beside that, they would need bad accuracy, to avoid them to be a OP unit.
Thats why they have the crossbow (muzzle load) animation, so they cant move while reloading.
You can take their support company and use the sharps carbine, to be able to run while reload.

So its a balancing reason as well as gameplay limits of warband.

IF you are able to make a breechloading animation yourself and if you are able to get such hardcoded files like crossbow/bow changed, I will add your suggestions ;)

AeroNinja

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2016, 09:11:59 am »
Time to download this.

Offline TheDoctor

• Sergeant Major
  • UB_1stDE_LtCol_TheDoctor Former Col of 11thMS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CaptainArtard or AndyTheIrishmen
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2016, 12:11:57 pm »

I love my 1st Michigan Company K Native Sharps.    Oh BTW to everyone who think they are OP they are identical in stats to the Kentucky Sharps, even the Tomahawk is equal in stats to the Bowe Knife
So what you are saying is, you have a tactile mind of a potato...
--Burnout

Offline vtz

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2016, 02:54:08 pm »
Apparently, in 1.1 all sharpshooter rifles have 1.0 Sharps rifle's stats. I wonder if that doesn't hurt the balance, as sharpshooters were already very strong in 1.0. Also, all weapons seem to load faster than in previous version, is that true?
Buck n' ball now has worse accuracy, I appreciate this. New German and Polish voices are also nice, but they are only for cheering, sadly. Commands like forward or follow me are still spoken in English.
In general, looks like a really cool update, thanks for making it  :)
Basically, I'm a mature person with an immature voice.

Offline Hinkel

• Board Moderator
  • Confederate Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gen_Hinkel
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2016, 03:06:56 pm »
Apparently, in 1.1 all sharpshooter rifles have 1.0 Sharps rifle's stats. I wonder if that doesn't hurt the balance, as sharpshooters were already very strong in 1.0. Also, all weapons seem to load faster than in previous version, is that true?
Buck n' ball now has worse accuracy, I appreciate this. New German and Polish voices are also nice, but they are only for cheering, sadly. Commands like forward or follow me are still spoken in English.
In general, looks like a really cool update, thanks for making it  :)

Stats haven't changed at all.
The reloading was not touched as well as no other weapon stats, besides the Buck n' ball.
I nerfed the sharps rifles... but did not touch any other weapons.

Its not possible to add commands in other languages. Like in NW, the polish legion also has french commands.. or the KGL in english ;)