Author Topic: What's going on? Armies, server hosting, lets debate.  (Read 4224 times)

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Board Moderator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Give your events a chance!
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2015, 03:05:53 am »
Just remember, you chaps have done all the bloody hard work already! You've brought this thing to life even if it's only in beta, so what can we do to keep her running...Well armies is an easy and quick-ish way, but it will end up with two or more people being in charge of large portions of the community which as we've seen in NaS can be good...but also corrupt as all hell. Dev run armies? Could work I guess, I mean you seem to be more then happy to take control and it would allow you to personally shape the community.

I can imagine it would be rather easy to pull this rabble together and form them into something with a purpose, and it could damn well help with growing the community, promoting via youtube etc. If I was you? I'd gather up as many leaders as you can and see what they all think, remember the public are the life blood, however you will also need the heart.

"I'm happy if the mod is only played for 4 months"- Perhaps we could put that on the tombstone for this thread?

No time to manage so many people.

If you buy me a nice stone then sure :^) black with gold font

Offline Kammin

• Captain
  • That's a paddling
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kammin
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2015, 03:12:15 am »
As you don't have the time to manage so many people perhaps you should allow someone who does to step in and help forge the regiments into something that can actually organise and prepare events. Perhaps in the coming days I'll pull some of the regiment leaders who are willing to 'get the ball rolling' as to say together, and see if we can't organise a decent bloody event.

Just remember when you start saying 'You only care if it lasts four months'...that many people will simply not bother playing this mod if even it's own dev team is expecting it to die. I'm quite sure that this mod could crawl on just like North and South has.

Offline Ry1459

• Captain
  • Think about it TWICE.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ry1459
  • Side: Union
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2015, 04:06:45 am »
Just remember, you chaps have done all the bloody hard work already! You've brought this thing to life even if it's only in beta, so what can we do to keep her running...Well armies is an easy and quick-ish way, but it will end up with two or more people being in charge of large portions of the community which as we've seen in NaS can be good...but also corrupt as all hell. Dev run armies? Could work I guess, I mean you seem to be more then happy to take control and it would allow you to personally shape the community.

I can imagine it would be rather easy to pull this rabble together and form them into something with a purpose, and it could damn well help with growing the community, promoting via youtube etc. If I was you? I'd gather up as many leaders as you can and see what they all think, remember the public are the life blood, however you will also need the heart.

"I'm happy if the mod is only played for 4 months"- Perhaps we could put that on the tombstone for this thread?

I made this just for you Merks :^)

Spoiler
[close]

Offline BUS STOP 14

• Corporal
  • *Nr. 56 Tauentzien*
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr56_Hptm_BUS
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2015, 04:35:19 am »

Spoiler
[close]

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D IM DONE

Offline Sleepy

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: sleepstar
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2015, 04:38:35 am »

Spoiler
[close]
;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Ry1459

• Captain
  • Think about it TWICE.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ry1459
Re: What's going on? Armies, server hosting, lets debate.
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2015, 05:17:24 am »
I published on imgur, and people don't seem to enjoy it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2015, 11:56:20 am »
Considering you do not have the time to organize an army why not appoint someone you really trust who will stick to the developer's choices to manage the Army? It will mean that something that could plod along with a number of regiments filling the slots and you'll have someone you know won't go and start putting the Dev's in a tight spots like what has happened in other mods.

Offline Earth Bby

• Board Moderator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2015, 12:42:53 pm »

Spoiler
[close]

you never fail my Ry  :-*

Offline Earth Bby

• Board Moderator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2015, 12:46:28 pm »
locking this thread for a new one, i'll make an announcement on the steam group so more people can be involved and know the outcome.