Author Topic: Favourite All Time Leader(s)  (Read 101627 times)

Offline MightyPaiN

• Colonel
  • ⚔ 17e ⚔ TBE ☆ Јебем вам матер ☆
    • View Profile
  • Nick: mightypain
  • Side: Union
Re: Favourite All Time Leader(s)
« Reply #540 on: June 07, 2017, 04:55:38 pm »
Yeah we did lad

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #541 on: June 07, 2017, 04:56:34 pm »
<forgot to read OP and read 17e colonel>
<rip me>
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Duuze

• Sergeant
  • Skirm Golden Age Bringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: June 09, 2017, 05:59:57 am »
I like ww2 leaders and napoleon.
I've heard that Napoleon wasn't a great military leader and that his generals did a lot of the leading for him.

You've heard wrong tbh

Austerlitz alone was a stroke of pure military genius. He was also what I would describe as a "complete commander" - by which I mean not only was he a master of battlefield tactics, but a masterful strategist/campaigner and an inspirational leader as well. Always maneuvering into advantageous positions, dividing allied opponents attempting to join forces and routing them each in detail, encircling entire armies (case in point being the Ulm Campaign), etc.

He became almost lazy as he got older and started using more direct tactics (arguably losing some of his genius) but even in the Hundred Days days campaign he frustrated Wellington with his movements ("Napoleon has humbugged me, by God; he has gained twenty-four hours' march on me").
oh cool

Napoleon Bonaparte is the best for 1 reason. He made an army capable of fighting Wellington in under 100 days. An impressive achievement for any leader.
Organizational skills alone don't make you a great leader

Napoleon could rally the french, and "make it" to Russia.

Offline Phillyz

• Colonel
  • Art & Graphics Person.
    • View Profile
    • Neptune Designs
  • Nick: Philly
« Reply #543 on: June 09, 2017, 01:03:50 pm »
Which he tried doing, once before.

Offline byhector11

• First Sergeant
  • Nada te jode más que el tiempo
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Héctor/Joselito
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #544 on: June 10, 2017, 01:18:27 am »
Felipe II and Isabel "The Catholic"

Offline Phillyz

• Colonel
  • Art & Graphics Person.
    • View Profile
    • Neptune Designs
  • Nick: Philly
« Reply #545 on: July 03, 2017, 12:58:36 am »
Attila the Hun.

Offline Keita

• Major General
  • deco, mezzala, regista, guiniesta, picolas nepe
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 03, 2017, 01:09:37 am »
PrideOfNi ''Dezza''
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci

Offline Frittentime

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Frittentime
« Reply #547 on: July 03, 2017, 02:55:15 pm »

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #548 on: July 04, 2017, 11:43:05 am »
My all time favourite leader, especially because of his tactical geniusness and his ability to know when to STREIF. To enforce discipline and tell people to BEHAVE. But his greatest ability and what makes him so unique, has to be his ability to AHU and all of his men know the way of AHU, this can ofcourse only be PrideOfNi, the man is the ultimate leader in every possible way, and after all, a gentleman.

Tactics
Discipline
AHU

amen
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 11:49:31 am by Nero_ »

Offline Keita

• Major General
  • deco, mezzala, regista, guiniesta, picolas nepe
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 04, 2017, 12:11:51 pm »
what a man
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci

Offline Dark_Knight

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • [IVe]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Talope
« Reply #550 on: July 04, 2017, 01:41:55 pm »
what a propaganda!  :o

Offline Hertz

• Major
  • Fuck Off
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nock is my bitch
« Reply #551 on: July 04, 2017, 02:27:52 pm »
My all time favourite leader, especially because of his tactical geniusness and his ability to know when to STREIF. To enforce discipline and tell people to BEHAVE. But his greatest ability and what makes him so unique, has to be his ability to AHU and all of his men know the way of AHU, this can ofcourse only be PrideOfNi, the man is the ultimate leader in every possible way, and after all, a gentleman.

Tactics
Discipline
AHU

amen

True Dat

Offline The Predurrdurr

• Second Lieutenant
  • Glenn is the true Erwin Rommel of NW
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 11, 2017, 05:20:16 pm »
My favorite leader is Glenn he is the true Erwin Rommel of NW he managed to get the shitty USMC to tie with the best regiment in the game.
Everytime I hear Predurrdurrs voice, I nut in the shape of slashes

Offline The_Tennessean_Mt_Man

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Seth
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #553 on: July 25, 2017, 03:36:56 am »
I'm going to say Nathan Bedford Forrest. He gets a lot of unnecessary heat, from things taken out of context to historical inaccuracy (such as the founding of the KKK). Before the war he started life in a rough background, with no formal education. Helped his uncle run a business, until he worked his way to becoming a slave trader. He was known to be very kind to his slaves, even surpassing the boundary of what was considered to be how you treated a slave, since it was a norm in the South during that time period. An absolute genius in the ACW how he used his cavalry more or less as mounted infantry, using mobile warfare to defeat much large foes. Truly ahead of his time with NO prior military training. We see the tactical likes later on in WWII. Shelby Foote, once said that there were two geniuses from the American Civil War. "President Abraham Lincoln, and General Nathan Bedford Forrest." After the war he joined the Klan, but left after it started committing questionable actions against blacks. After leaving, became a civil rights activist in my home town of Memphis. A truly remarkable man. William T. Sherman later befriended him and offered him a great command if war were to break out with Spain. Here are one of my favorite speeches from him:

"Ladies and Gentlemen I accept the flowers as a memento of reconciliation between the white and colored races of the southern states. I accept it more particularly as it comes from a colored lady, for if there is any one on God's earth who loves the ladies I believe it is myself. (Immense applause and laughter.) This day is a day that is proud to me, having occupied the position that I did for the past twelve years, and been misunderstood by your race. This is the first opportunity I have had during that time to say that I am your friend. I am here a representative of the southern people, one more slandered and maligned than any man in the nation.
I will say to you and to the colored race that men who bore arms and followed the flag of the Confederacy are, with very few exceptions, your friends. I have an opportunity of saying what I have always felt – that I am your friend, for my interests are your interests, and your interests are my interests. We were born on the same soil, breathe the same air, and live in the same land. Why, then, can we not live as brothers? I will say that when the war broke out I felt it my duty to stand by my people. When the time came I did the best I could, and I don't believe I flickered. I came here with the jeers of some white people, who think that I am doing wrong. I believe that I can exert some influence, and do much to assist the people in strengthening fraternal relations, and shall do all in my power to bring about peace. It has always been my motto to elevate every man- to depress none. (Applause.) I want to elevate you to take positions in law offices, in stores, on farms, and wherever you are capable of going.
I have not said anything about politics today. I don't propose to say anything about politics. You have a right to elect whom you please; vote for the man you think best, and I think, when that is done, that you and I are freemen. Do as you consider right and honest in electing men for office. I did not come here to make you a long speech, although invited to do so by you. I am not much of a speaker, and my business prevented me from preparing myself. I came to meet you as friends, and welcome you to the white people. I want you to come nearer to us. When I can serve you I will do so. We have but one flag, one country; let us stand together. We may differ in color, but not in sentiment. Use your best judgement in selecting men for office and vote as you think right.
Many things have been said about me which are wrong, and which white and black persons here, who stood by me through the war, can contradict. I have been in the heat of battle when colored men, asked me to protect them. I have placed myself between them and the bullets of my men, and told them they should be kept unharmed. Go to work, be industrious, live honestly and act truly, and when you are oppressed I'll come to your relief. I thank you, ladies and gentlemen, for this opportunity you have afforded me to be with you, and to assure you that I am with you in heart and in hand." (Prolonged applause.)

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 25, 2017, 02:51:35 pm »
He owned slaves but it's okay because he was kind to them