Author Topic: Is NW dying?  (Read 2473 times)

Offline TheHunted0

• First Lieutenant
  • 15thYR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TheHunted
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Is NW dying?
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2014, 06:08:28 pm »

Offline Fungus

• Major
  • The original shrigma male
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jr Pet Detective Fungus
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2014, 06:25:39 pm »
Yup we are due one of these threads, it's been a couple of months now.
NW is dying yes and will continue to die as all games do.
However we need not worry about that time just yet.
People who say NW is already dead are usually veterans of the community, who have plunged so many hours into the game, that they no longer feel the enjoyment they once experienced during the early days of this DLC's lifetime.
Yes the community is not what it used to be. Many respected and less wanted individuals have moved on, events are less frequent and some, not all, line battles struggle to fill their servers during lbs. Recruiting is not the easy process of hopping onto a public server and stoking the egos of potential recruits that it used to be. Regiments are disbanding weekly and the relationship between the moderators/developers and a large section of the community is not what it could be.
However, the NWL is still going strong, minus the occasion drop out, the group fighting server can easily see 60+ people on it at one time almost every day, and the return of one of the largest and most controversial regiments recently seems to have if anything rejuvenated the appeal of playing in large scale lb's.

So for the time being, I for one won't be worrying about the end of NW and neither should any of you.
And when someone posts another thread exactly like this one in a month or so, I'll say the exact same thing. and on the next one, and the one after that.   

Now can someone go fetch me a biscuit and a cup of coffe. Me saying anything that doesn't resemble something on Alp's steam profile seems to be a rare occasion on these forums.
Listen to me big fat red haired spastic, you don't have half of my intelectual capacity, you are a fucking brain less animal, i think your mother throwed you on a wall when you were a baby and this is why you have the same brain as a monkey,
You understand nothing, this is why you are working at 20, because your brain did not allowed you to go to school to grab a decent degree, being toxic on a video game is not the same as being retarded, you should try to do some maths exercices because remember you can't even count to 10 if you remember one of the recent tournament, so now go threat your gambling addiction before your mom kick you out of her house.
And you should also go in an asylum, you get triggered by a fucking game and go in depression, deleting everyone on Steam and setting your profile as private, you cunt.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2014, 06:35:29 pm »
People who say NW is already dead are usually veterans of the community, who have plunged so many hours into the game, that they no longer feel the enjoyment they once experienced during the early days of this DLC's lifetime.
Yes the community is not what it used to be. Many respected and less wanted individuals have moved on, events are less frequent and some, not all, line battles struggle to fill their servers during lbs. Recruiting is not the easy process of hopping onto a public server and stoking the egos of potential recruits that it used to be. Regiments are disbanding weekly and the relationship between the moderators/developers and a large section of the community is not what it could be.
However, the NWL is still going strong, minus the occasion drop out, the group fighting server can easily see 60+ people on it at one time almost every day, and the return of one of the largest and most controversial regiments recently seems to have if anything rejuvenated the appeal of playing in large scale lb's.

So for the time being, I for one won't be worrying about the end of NW and neither should any of you.
And when someone posts another thread exactly like this one in a month or so, I'll say the exact same thing. and on the next one, and the one after that.   

Now can someone go fetch me a biscuit and a cup of coffe. Me saying anything that doesn't resemble something on Alp's steam profile seems to be a rare occasion on these forums.

No, it's been like a week since the last thread. And probably another week since the one before that. People really need to learn to start using the search function.

Offline Fungus

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2014, 06:37:19 pm »

No, it's been like a week since the last thread. And probably another week since the one before that. People really need to learn to start using the search function.
There's a search function???!!??

oh now I see it  ::) ::)
Listen to me big fat red haired spastic, you don't have half of my intelectual capacity, you are a fucking brain less animal, i think your mother throwed you on a wall when you were a baby and this is why you have the same brain as a monkey,
You understand nothing, this is why you are working at 20, because your brain did not allowed you to go to school to grab a decent degree, being toxic on a video game is not the same as being retarded, you should try to do some maths exercices because remember you can't even count to 10 if you remember one of the recent tournament, so now go threat your gambling addiction before your mom kick you out of her house.
And you should also go in an asylum, you get triggered by a fucking game and go in depression, deleting everyone on Steam and setting your profile as private, you cunt.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2014, 06:42:57 pm »
Well that explains a lot.

Offline Butts

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2014, 06:59:34 pm »
NW is kill, like Frith :p

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2014, 07:03:07 pm »
10/10
This thread again, the game is doing fine.
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline Fungus

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2014, 07:05:29 pm »
Well that explains a lot.
If anything it makes this thread even more pointless.
Why make a thread asking a question like what is the shelf life of NW if there are others made weekly with the same responses each time??

Offline Maurice

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2014, 07:09:04 pm »
Look on the bright side. If NW dies then the 15th die along with it.

AeroNinja

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2014, 07:10:03 pm »
This.

Offline Fungus

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2014, 07:12:49 pm »
Silver linings eh.
But seriously we have to be thankful for their Humans vs Bots server. That server has done more than its fair share in terms of keeping new people to the dlc entertained and inclined to stay. As well as being a fantastic place over the last couple of years for grabbing the odd recruit or two.

Same can be said for the 33rd Siege and at one point the 84e's siege sever 

Offline Maurice

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2014, 07:21:08 pm »
Silver linings eh.
But seriously we have to be thankful for their Humans vs Bots server. That server has done more than its fair share in terms of keeping new people to the dlc entertained and inclined to stay. As well as being a fantastic place over the last couple of years for grabbing the odd recruit or two.

Same can be said for the 33rd Siege and at one point the 84e's siege sever

I'd rather die. To be honest, and this is the last thing I'll say about the 15th on this thread, if you hear them speaking in Teamspeak in Blitzer's videos you can clearly tell they have no regard for the community and seem to think they're above it in some way. So unless it is their intention for the HvB server to benefit the community, they won't be receiving anything close to thanks from me and many others I'm sure.

Offline FrithBiscuit

• Colonel
  • PM me for pics, cutest Grimbarian
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2014, 07:22:36 pm »
Current:
Past: 63e CdB, 43rd Ens, 28th Lt, 1stElbe Lt

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2014, 10:25:38 pm »
Yeah, these threads really don't need to keep being made.
You can use the search function in the top right to find any threads/topics that aren't immediately obvious (which applies to any thread).

That being said, I don't think this is really a topic that generates much positive discussion and has a history for quite the opposite.
Before it descends into more bashing of individuals, regiments or otherwise, I think it's for the best to lock it.