Author Topic: 53e Poaching Regiment Members  (Read 3201 times)

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
  • Side: Neutral
Re: 53e Poaching Regiment Members
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2014, 02:36:42 pm »
Let's begin with thinking about hwy your members would want to leave in the first place.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2014, 04:59:42 pm »
Unless you brand a new recruit with hot irons and force him to swear eternal allegiance to your Colonel/General/Overlord/wtv

Wait, wait, wait.

Is that not standard protocol?
It is indeed :D
<3

Offline Fraser

• Private
  • gr8 b8 m8 I r8 it 8/8
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Rec_Fraser
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2014, 05:18:49 pm »
Members cannot be "poached" as it is feasibly impossible, everyone unfortunately has free will and has the right to think that a new group might give them a better game time. If he/she "poaches" members of your regiment be glad them gone as it means less complaining of things in the regiment that others appear to be satisfied with.

Its as bad as the "kill stealing" argument as kills cannot be stolen until the kill is awarded thus "kill stealing" is probably the worst naming of the situation more of "Taking a kill I have not confirmed yet, thus the game has not awarded me yet that I believe I can get easily, that you have just taken that opportunity away from me".

Still the same whine as 2012?

Don't worry your members have not been poached, they have simply elected that they do not feel comfortable playing in your regiment and have thus elected to move somewhere else. If they havn't moved? be happy for that fact they prefer your company over someone else rather than making any deal of it, instead just laugh, brush the chip off your shoulder and carry on.

Yes members of his regiment have free will. If they were to say leave and join 54e then that would be fine. However the idea of the leader intentionally adding and attempting persuade the members to leave the regiment and join the 54e is not.

Offline Kator Viridian

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2014, 05:27:14 pm »
Members cannot be "poached" as it is feasibly impossible, everyone unfortunately has free will and has the right to think that a new group might give them a better game time. If he/she "poaches" members of your regiment be glad them gone as it means less complaining of things in the regiment that others appear to be satisfied with.

Its as bad as the "kill stealing" argument as kills cannot be stolen until the kill is awarded thus "kill stealing" is probably the worst naming of the situation more of "Taking a kill I have not confirmed yet, thus the game has not awarded me yet that I believe I can get easily, that you have just taken that opportunity away from me".

Don't worry your members have not been poached, they have simply elected that they do not feel comfortable playing in your regiment and have thus elected to move somewhere else. If they havn't moved? be happy for that fact they prefer your company over someone else rather than making any deal of it, instead just laugh, brush the chip off your shoulder and carry on.

Yes members of his regiment have free will. If they were to say leave and join 54e then that would be fine. However the idea of the leader intentionally adding and attempting persuade the members to leave the regiment and join the 54e is not.

Just read back what you said there mate, it is still there choice to leave no matter the persuasion or not. All he is doing is clearing out the members that quite clearly don't really want to be there anymore, they wouldn't leave if they had no reason to. Just because that reason comes along doesn't mean because there is another person involved it is wrong.

Does this make sales people bad people? I'm pretty sure it doesn't. If anything you should really be angry at the person leaving not the person behind the reason for their leaving. They offered nothing more than an opportunity that your member decided to take, this happens in the work place all the time where staff members are poached, has anyone really done wrong here? No everyone is actually getting something out of it:

Persuader gets what they intended to get.
"Pursuadee" gets what they seem to want.
The leader gets rid of someone who is quite clearly not loyal or putting the effort into the group as they want.

Really the person loosing out the most here is the person persuading as they tend to gain people they didn't really want ... a hell of a lot of instability there.

Remember no-body owes you anything, you started with nothing.

Offline Munch

• Second Lieutenant
  • Retired Officer
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2014, 04:05:50 pm »

Just read back what you said there mate, it is still there choice to leave no matter the persuasion or not. All he is doing is clearing out the members that quite clearly don't really want to be there anymore, they wouldn't leave if they had no reason to. Just because that reason comes along doesn't mean because there is another person involved it is wrong.

Does this make sales people bad people? I'm pretty sure it doesn't. If anything you should really be angry at the person leaving not the person behind the reason for their leaving. They offered nothing more than an opportunity that your member decided to take, this happens in the work place all the time where staff members are poached, has anyone really done wrong here? No everyone is actually getting something out of it:

The leader gets rid of someone who is quite clearly not loyal or putting the effort into the group as they want.

Really the person loosing out the most here is the person persuading as they tend to gain people they didn't really want ... a hell of a lot of instability there.

The feud started because I kicked the leader of the 53e and his "Cavalry" buddies out after he was trying to go against my orders. This isn't really a problem. The thing is is I've been in the community since M&B was just Native online. Been around and watched the community change. Change is good but understanding the principles that He will offer everyone Colonel in his regiment just to get them to join is sad and pathetic. What happened to all of you "Veterans" on the community actually having dignity and go back to how things were when people will actually STILL interested in the community. The #1 reason why old regiments have disbanded is because they're bored with the game because the community is turning out to be an explosive war on people crying and whining until they get what they want. The reason for this post is to entirely let you know that the 53e with people telling him no, keeps offering my new recruits higher positions, adding people from my steam group to try to talk them into joining. This is not only disrespectful, it's downright pathetic and if you want BCoF to be awesome, look in the mirrors and realize who is the real problem in this community. Is it the person telling you that this BS is happening behind everyone's back, or is it the person who is actually being that sad and pathetic over the game? Doesn't matter how awesome BCoF or NW is, if you have a crappy community nobody will come around. So all of you "Veterans" claiming you've ran several regiments and that they've all been successful or you claim that you are the "Best" at anything, find the real problem and stop blaming it on everyone else when you are the only ones to blame.

Offline Locust

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2014, 04:18:34 pm »
Just thought I would leave this here...

Just think you wont...
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 05:21:08 pm by Malakith »

Offline Crescent Glow

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2014, 04:31:06 pm »
Considering what Murch said what the 53e is doing, they probably deserved that. But Remember, your members have FREE WILL, you should probably see what is wrong with your regiment that is causing people to leave rather than complaining that someone else is "stealing" them.

Offline Locust

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2014, 04:41:10 pm »
The gave me Old Guard rank because I 8-0 the Colonel "LES_IS_MORE" or something like that in a duel. All I was doing was simple up-attack dolphins.

Considering what Murch said what the 53e is doing, they probably deserved that. But Remember, your members have FREE WILL, you should probably see what is wrong with your regiment that is causing people to leave rather than complaining that someone else is "stealing" them.
Can I steal you?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 04:46:02 pm by Locust »

Offline Crescent Glow

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2014, 04:48:19 pm »
Can I steal you?
Take me away to Lazy Town pls

Offline Kator Viridian

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2014, 07:09:09 pm »

The feud started because I kicked the leader of the 53e and his "Cavalry" buddies out after he was trying to go against my orders. This isn't really a problem. The thing is is I've been in the community since M&B was just Native online. Been around and watched the community change. Change is good but understanding the principles that He will offer everyone Colonel in his regiment just to get them to join is sad and pathetic. What happened to all of you "Veterans" on the community actually having dignity and go back to how things were when people will actually STILL interested in the community. The #1 reason why old regiments have disbanded is because they're bored with the game because the community is turning out to be an explosive war on people crying and whining until they get what they want. The reason for this post is to entirely let you know that the 53e with people telling him no, keeps offering my new recruits higher positions, adding people from my steam group to try to talk them into joining. This is not only disrespectful, it's downright pathetic and if you want BCoF to be awesome, look in the mirrors and realize who is the real problem in this community. Is it the person telling you that this BS is happening behind everyone's back, or is it the person who is actually being that sad and pathetic over the game? Doesn't matter how awesome BCoF or NW is, if you have a crappy community nobody will come around. So all of you "Veterans" claiming you've ran several regiments and that they've all been successful or you claim that you are the "Best" at anything, find the real problem and stop blaming it on everyone else when you are the only ones to blame.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs[/youtube]

Fact is ... no-body really cares, and they are the people who left. Those who really didn't care if someone left their regiment because someone offered them something better, because they knew damn straight they'd take that if they felt it better than what they already had.

The fact you feel "disrespected" simply because someone is trying to convince the members of the regiment you belong to (Which could in the future not be yours as anyone could take over, with or without your consent as long as their is a majority.). But I enjoy how you are blaming others for your own problems that seem to be happening, maybe you are the cause ... infact you are the cause if you read your very first sentence again ... you might actually come to the conclusion of "Damn was it me? ... damn it was!".

You caused your own problem but the fact of that is far from irrelevant instead shifting that blame onto someone you quite clearly hate emotionally makes you completely detached from the situation. I would go as far as to say in a game I would guarantee your emotions get the better of you and you would happily charge at group that you hate even if outnumbered with no chance of even killing one, thus ruining a game for "your own" regiment just for the sake of "Revenge" of a problem you have caused yourself by being obnoxious.

Really the both of you should behave as the adults you want to be, shut up and forget about it before you add to the problem you both seem to hate.

Offline Penn

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2014, 06:32:03 pm »
Every time I hear "poaching members" or "stealing members".
Remember you're dealing with humans, not toys.
Spoiler
[close]

If you're afraid your members will leave, you're doing something wrong with your regiment.
Give them a place they like and they will stay.
Penn and shitz