Author Topic: 53e Poaching Regiment Members  (Read 3195 times)

Offline Munch

• Second Lieutenant
  • Retired Officer
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
53e Poaching Regiment Members
« on: October 04, 2014, 02:38:21 am »
     So it has come to my attention over the past few weeks that the Colonel of the 53e (LesIsMore) is poaching for members of my regiment, the regiment that he had a fail merge with. As well as a couple other regiments. A lot of my new recruits as well as veteran members of my regiment have come to me with several complaints and proof  of his conversations and bribery to my members. Sadly due to the forum rules I cannot post the screenshots of the messages or the conversation itself due to it being steam messages. Hopefully this does not happen to anyone else and just wanted to bring attention to this regiment and their Colonel.

Offline Kator Viridian

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: 53e Poaching Regiment Members
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 02:57:11 am »
Members cannot be "poached" as it is feasibly impossible, everyone unfortunately has free will and has the right to think that a new group might give them a better game time. If he/she "poaches" members of your regiment be glad them gone as it means less complaining of things in the regiment that others appear to be satisfied with.

Its as bad as the "kill stealing" argument as kills cannot be stolen until the kill is awarded thus "kill stealing" is probably the worst naming of the situation more of "Taking a kill I have not confirmed yet, thus the game has not awarded me yet that I believe I can get easily, that you have just taken that opportunity away from me".

Still the same whine as 2012?

Don't worry your members have not been poached, they have simply elected that they do not feel comfortable playing in your regiment and have thus elected to move somewhere else. If they havn't moved? be happy for that fact they prefer your company over someone else rather than making any deal of it, instead just laugh, brush the chip off your shoulder and carry on.

Offline sirkaide

• Captain
  • Founder/Former leader of the 59th, NRP & Jailbreak
    • View Profile
    • 59th Website
  • Nick: Not politically correct
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 02:13:55 pm »
Brush it off. The 59th had it of the 63e & 47th when the 59th was struggling. Poached a large section of the 59th. At the time were at a crisis point and I was away for two months. But now look at them. Most of the members returned a few months later embarrassed that they took a step down. We now get more attendance then both of them combined. Good regiments keep good players.

Lel RIP Spy.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 02:15:37 pm by sirkaide »

Offline Saxon

• Captain
  • Resident Stoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 02:55:15 pm »
Brush it off. The 59th had it of the 63e & 47th when the 59th was struggling. Poached a large section of the 59th. At the time were at a crisis point and I was away for two months. But now look at them. Most of the members returned a few months later embarrassed that they took a step down. We now get more attendance then both of them combined. Good regiments keep good players.

Lel RIP Spy.

I agree totally.
>always high
>GOAT

Offline FrithBiscuit

• Colonel
  • PM me for pics, cutest Grimbarian
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 02:55:54 pm »
I wouldn't say combined, but certainly on our own! We still get around 30.

But yeah, RIP Spy xoxox
Current:
Past: 63e CdB, 43rd Ens, 28th Lt, 1stElbe Lt

Offline Saxon

• Captain
  • Resident Stoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2014, 03:03:32 pm »
wen kan man gt his 1vs1?
>always high
>GOAT

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2014, 04:47:02 pm »
Sorry your members have free will
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Noodlenrice

• Major
  • King of Nam'
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st_Pte_Noodlenrice
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2014, 10:31:22 pm »

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2014, 11:24:51 pm »
Unless you brand a new recruit with hot irons and force him to swear eternal allegiance to your Colonel/General/Overlord/wtv, he does not belong to you, and you should accept that people will leave and join Regiments at will. Sadly, with a skrinking community, this is increasingly becoming an issue, and a source of tension between regiments.
Spoiler
[close]
<3

Offline Thundersnow

• Captain
  • Overlord of the 00th Regiment, Time and Space.
    • View Profile
    • www.PlanetThundersnow.com
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2014, 12:51:30 am »
I personally love this type of drama.  So feel free to send me the posts and screen caps.  I eat that stuff up.   ;D

Regardless, poaching is part and parcel how regiments go.  Happens all the time. 

Usually though, you get lucky and the people that leave your regiment were all the nimrods who would have wound up destroying your regiment in one way or another regardless of what happened. 

The most brutal of all successions is when an officer, working behind the scenes, waits for the most opportune time (Usually when the regiment leader is on vacation, or taking time off for a family members funeral, etc) and absconds with a 2/3rds of your regiment.  How you react after this happens (60% of the time to most regiments) will follow you for all time!  Or at least for about two weeks. 

Then everyone just lives life like nothing happened.   

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2014, 12:58:23 am »

The most brutal of all successions is when an officer, working behind the scenes, waits for the most opportune time (Usually when the regiment leader is on vacation, or taking time off for a family members funeral, etc) and absconds with a 2/3rds of your regiment.  How you react after this happens (60% of the time to most regiments) will follow you for all time!  Or at least for about two weeks. 

I do indeed love how some of these "regiments" (in the losest sense of the word), which are, in essence, loosely tied groups of strangers who only spend a few hours a week playing with each other through the Web, can be the source of such incredible skullduggery, betrayal, and such epic power struggles over the most pedestrian of issues.
Human Nature, I guess. If "regimental betrayal" is the most important problem such people face in their lives, and feel that arguing over "poaching" is worthy of their time, then they sure as fuck everything worked out for them! I wish I only had such petty issues to worry about!
<3

Offline sirkaide

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • 59th Website
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2014, 03:49:59 am »
I wouldn't say combined, but certainly on our own! We still get around 30.

But yeah, RIP Spy xoxox

Mate 47th brought 7 guys to last LB I seen.

Offline sirkaide

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • 59th Website
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2014, 03:51:53 am »
I personally love this type of drama.  So feel free to send me the posts and screen caps.  I eat that stuff up.   ;D

Regardless, poaching is part and parcel how regiments go.  Happens all the time. 

Usually though, you get lucky and the people that leave your regiment were all the nimrods who would have wound up destroying your regiment in one way or another regardless of what happened. 

Then everyone just lives life like nothing happened.

Your so right. I was in hospital when other regiments moved in. No respect. Loyal players always return to good regiments! (Heretic I swear you stalk on on the FSE)

Offline Gared

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Yusuf
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2014, 04:29:05 am »
Lol 2 days ago on NA1 the 9th was playing in group, they were 'showing off' so all the new players would want to join, I saw one of your member of the 1stRL asking how to join the 9th, the next day I saw the guy in a linebattle with the 9th. Lol. :'( :'(

Offline tico13

• Donator
  • NA Server Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 3rd_Col_Tico
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2014, 09:14:28 am »
Unless you brand a new recruit with hot irons and force him to swear eternal allegiance to your Colonel/General/Overlord/wtv

Wait, wait, wait.

Is that not standard protocol?