Author Topic: '1337-1453' A Hundred Years War Mod  (Read 19477 times)

Offline Dort

• Corporal
  • Chief Diving Board Inspector 2k16
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Dorterino
  • Side: Neutral
'1337-1453' A Hundred Years War Mod
« on: July 05, 2015, 10:28:19 pm »
The Hundred Years War, the high water mark in Anglo-Frankish conflicts. Welcome to the mod page for the upcoming hundred years war mod. Our development team includes keen modders and a rarity in the m&b community, someone with a university degree in history and a masters degree in the hundred years war itself.

The Hundred Years War scenario offers many new opportunities for mount and blade as the period saw rapid improvements in weaponry. Along with weapons such as Billhooks, Claymores and of course the awesome power of the longbow there are newer powerful yet highly inaccurate arquebus' and cannons. Along with the later medieval states of England and France, nations such as Spain and Portugal who fought wars highly influenced by their northern neighbors struggles will be included on the map in case you long for a more Hispanic setting :) .

Many reputations were forged in the expeditions and folly's in Aquitaine, Burgundy and the Ile De France, ranging from The Black Prince Edward III to Joan of Arc and the mod will feature these historical figures as prominent lords and generals.

“From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered-
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs’d they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.”- William Shakespeare in Henry V

« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 11:35:37 pm by Dort »

Offline Broccoli

• Second Lieutenant
  • #stoptheoppression
    • View Profile
    • The Memes are real
  • Nick: 1stKGL_Memer_Sherpesrofls
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: '1337-1453' A Hundred Years War Mod
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 10:29:02 pm »
+1 sounds dank

Offline Dainyel

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Hark, Verily! I am a half-wit.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Donny Dee
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 10:30:35 pm »
Make sure to source everything from Wikipedia, the worlds most trust worthy source of historical knowledge.
if you have another opinion I don't like, you cant post it here because that's mean and it hurts my feelings 

Offline Dort

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 10:32:07 pm »
Make sure to source everything from Wikipedia, the worlds most trust worthy source of historical knowledge.

Unlike other mods I aim to research from legitimate historical sources and as such the game shall reflect these. The language will be reminiscent of Chaucer so I hope you can read middle English :)

Offline TheRedRedcoat

• First Lieutenant
  • uhh
    • View Profile
  • Nick: u
  • Side: Union
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 10:33:36 pm »
So this is an NW mod or a native mod?

Offline Dainyel

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Hark, Verily! I am a half-wit.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Donny Dee
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 10:35:58 pm »

It's for C-RPG
if you have another opinion I don't like, you cant post it here because that's mean and it hurts my feelings 

Offline Dort

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2015, 10:37:10 pm »

It will be focused mainly on nw although the combat of the period was centered around vicious melee's. However as guns are added in the later periods it will be simpler to focus around nw. Hopefully the game play will be a fluid combination of native style melee and nw style shooting but its too early to say now :)

Offline Broccoli

• Second Lieutenant
  • #stoptheoppression
    • View Profile
    • The Memes are real
  • Nick: 1stKGL_Memer_Sherpesrofls
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2015, 10:37:13 pm »

Unlike other mods I aim to research from legitimate historical sources and as such the game shall reflect these. The language will be reminiscent of Chaucer so I hope you can read middle English :)
As long as their is Occitan, so I can be Oc e No

Offline Dort

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2015, 10:40:00 pm »

As long as their is Occitan, so I can be Oc e No

Of course the main languages featured in the game will be English and French which were both closely linked during the period. After these everything is a bonus but for historical accuracy obviously I'd like to see many more languages. :)

Offline AtomicAlex29

• Private
  • brb killing english invaders
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2015, 10:42:38 pm »
Donated 1000 Greek drachmas to the cause. keep up the good work. p.s I love the historical work, is it okay if I use it for my history dissertation?

Offline Dort

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2015, 10:45:16 pm »
Donated 1000 Greek drachmas to the cause. keep up the good work. p.s I love the historical work, is it okay if I use it for my history dissertation?

If you ever need help with said dissertation feel free to ask mon amie :) Also as I know you're Scottish they will also be included with a realistic range of weaponry mainly focused around pikes and broadswords. 

Offline AtomicAlex29

• Private
  • brb killing english invaders
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2015, 10:50:41 pm »

If you ever need help with said dissertation feel free to ask mon amie :) Also as I know you're Scottish they will also be included with a realistic range of weaponry mainly focused around pikes and broadswords.

Thank you! It means a lot to know that my historical heritage is going to be featured in this fantastic mod! Can't wait to see pre-alpha testing footage!

Offline Dort

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2015, 10:52:21 pm »

Thank you! It means a lot to know that my historical heritage is going to be featured in this fantastic mod! Can't wait to see pre-alpha testing footage!

The Scots played an important role in the period by allying themselves with the French so I hope they will be a powerful and interesting faction to fight for :) Those who keep an eye on the thread will be the first to know of updates and alpha gameplay/screenshots.

Offline SniperV

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: The true sneper
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2015, 10:54:36 pm »
cant wait to see these screens, very interesting mod and hope it goes well.  :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-\ :-X :-* :'(

Offline Dort

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2015, 10:55:57 pm »
cant wait to see these screens, very interesting mod and hope it goes well.  :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-\ :-X :-* :'(

Im hoping for an alpha release this year so I will try to keep you posted sweet prince. xx  8)