Author Topic: This forum is done being discussed  (Read 3939 times)

Offline Caveman Hannibal

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
This forum is done being discussed
« on: July 23, 2015, 01:51:15 am »
Etc.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 01:59:38 am by Caveman Hannibal »

Offline Jonny Powers

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Looking Good Administrative Officer
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 03:50:43 am »
Nobody Is Having Luck Recruiting

We Is Good With Recruiting
???

Also, please give your shift key a break, I'm sure it needs it :'(

Offline Ry1459

• Captain
  • Think about it TWICE.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ry1459
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 05:22:04 am »

Offline roozvonbooz

• Private
  • Veteran in the 33rd Regiment of Foot
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd Vet RooZ
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 08:54:35 pm »
If you cant command respect while they play an event, maybe youre not fit for being an officer.
Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side;
my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right.

- Abraham Lincoln

Offline Peppers

• Colonel
  • Father of North American Cavalry
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Pepper
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 09:36:43 pm »
Suggestion, join another regiment and learn to follow then to lead. You cant just be in a regiment for a week and think you know how to run things on your own.

Offline Viriathus

• Major
  • Rua, suas cabras!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
  • Nick: RI23_Cpt_Viriathus
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2015, 09:50:46 pm »
A regiment is a community of people that play a game together. Socialize in your regiment if you havent done it yet, play with your regiment. And you also got to show who runs the regiment in events, if a guy trolls and gets others to troll, you are better off kicking him than having a regiment of trolls...

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2015, 09:58:45 pm »
Suggestion, join another regiment and learn to follow then to lead. You cant just be in a regiment for a week and think you know how to run things on your own.
A regiment is a community of people that play a game together. Socialize in your regiment if you havent done it yet, play with your regiment. And you also got to show who runs the regiment in events, if a guy trolls and gets others to troll, you are better off kicking him than having a regiment of trolls...

^This.

Don't treat your regiment like a regiment, you shouldn't be recruiting solely because you'll get more numbers that way. Treat it like a community, and give respect to get respect. Keep in mind every single person (for the most part ::)) who joins a regiment is a person, but also keep in mind that trolls can be trolls and getting rid of them fast is a good way to let everyone else in your regiment enjoy the game and play more. I've seen regiments fall because one or two people who ruin the game for everyone else. Your NCO's and Officers shouldn't be the best meleers or the best commanders, because both of those can usually be taught. They should be your best people-persons, the people your regiment looks forward to attending events because of. Being a good commander just comes from experience, but being a good person can be infinitely trickier.

Best of luck!

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2015, 10:24:54 pm »

^This.

Don't treat your regiment like a regiment, you shouldn't be recruiting solely because you'll get more numbers that way. Treat it like a community, and give respect to get respect. Keep in mind every single person (for the most part ::)) who joins a regiment is a person, but also keep in mind that trolls can be trolls and getting rid of them fast is a good way to let everyone else in your regiment enjoy the game and play more. I've seen regiments fall because one or two people who ruin the game for everyone else. Your NCO's and Officers shouldn't be the best meleers or the best commanders, because both of those can usually be taught. They should be your best people-persons, the people your regiment looks forward to attending events because of. Being a good commander just comes from experience, but being a good person can be infinitely trickier.

Best of luck!
And yet your sig
"You can be the friendliest, nicest, best people-person to ever lead a regiment, and that regiment will fucking fail if you can't melee or can't lead 10-0s on a regular basis."

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2015, 11:57:16 pm »
How things should work and how things do work are very different. My sig is about the thing in NW I hate the most, a lack of community.

IMO a regiment fails either way if it doesn't develop into a group of short or long term friends. Doesn't matter if you win shit if everyone hates each other or doesn't talk outside of commands.

Btw Theodin stop instigating shit, it's a sign of bad character, you know. I know.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2015, 02:20:20 am »
How things should work and how things do work are very different. My sig is about the thing in NW I hate the most, a lack of community.

IMO a regiment fails either way if it doesn't develop into a group of short or long term friends. Doesn't matter if you win shit if everyone hates each other or doesn't talk outside of commands.

Btw Theodin stop instigating shit, it's a sign of bad character, you know. I know.
I wasn't instigating, I was just noting that your sig said something entirely different. I agree with you entirely.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2015, 04:46:44 am »
Sorry then, anything like that around here can be easily taken as argumentative. :P

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2015, 01:31:05 pm »
Everyone said it all.

Bringing in a new officer won't help eithier... it's kind of like bringing in the step parent and expecting them to do everything, won't work.

How many in your reg?

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2015, 11:39:54 pm »
Bringing in a new officer won't help eithier... it's kind of like bringing in the step parent and expecting them to do everything, won't work.

Holy shit that is a perfect comparison.