Author Topic: Game of Thrones thread (USE SPOILERS)  (Read 278901 times)

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
  • Side: Union
Re: Game of Thrones thread (USE SPOILERS)
« Reply #2325 on: January 10, 2017, 09:26:53 pm »
I never read the books because I did not want to spoil one of the few good TV shows out there, but that Ramsay sounds so much more interesting than the one we got in the show. In the show he is not that much worse than other characters.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
« Reply #2326 on: January 10, 2017, 11:23:35 pm »
I forgot to mention his looks, which are very different. From the wiki:

"Ramsay is an ugly young man, even when dressed finely. He is big boned and slope shouldered, with a fleshiness indicating he will be fat later in life. Ramsay's skin is pink and blotchy, his nose broad, his hair long and dark and dry. Although his mouth is small, Ramsay's lips are wide and meaty, wormy looking, and he smiles a wet-lipped smile. His distinctive eyes resemble Roose's - small, close-set, and oddly pale, like two chips of dirty ice."

Google "ramsay snow book" to see some artists' interpretations of him. It's all so incredibly different than the show Ramsay, who was likely picked for the role because he wasn't ugly and could read lines in a sinister way. Classic Hollywood, casting people who don't resemble their characters at all because sex (appeal) and smiles sells.

@Olaf Read away if you feel like it. This point onward you can read every book currently out and there will likely be no spoilers for the following seasons, since they altered them so much. You'll see what I mean if you do read them. As for the upcoming books, the next one is going to likely share some similarities with the next season but be overall very different, while the following and last book will likely be out in several years if ol' George makes it that far, Deus Vult, which will probably be after the show ends.

Unrelated: I got A World of Ice and Fire for Christmas, and I've been reading short chunks every day or other day. The story of the Rhoynish Princes vs. Valyria and Princess Nymeria could totally make for a great movie. I'm sure HBO will keep the GoT train rolling after the main series is over, and I really hope that's one of the things they do, maybe as a mini series if need be. I can imagine them keeping the story exactly as it's told, with all the crazy magic shit that might not have really happened, and end it with a Princess Bride esque ending, where a Maester or nan or whomever finishes reading the book to some Westerosi noble kid (Old Nan and Bran would be iconic for HBO fans). That way they can barely tie it to GoT and focus on a good story, and still bridge the connection at the end to make sense of the questionable points of the story, like the magic/curses and the amount of ships Nymeria had.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 11:33:37 pm by Audiate »

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 10:52:35 pm by BabyJesus »
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Jakester

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Jousting Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jakester
« Reply #2328 on: January 12, 2017, 08:49:25 pm »
Read the books @Olafson, and it's almost like reading one story and watching the other, but both are based off one beginning.

Offline Ted

• Colonel
  • Aufknöpfen!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2329 on: February 12, 2017, 08:50:45 pm »
Dat kid who put up a global banlist back in Betty's times.
Former Regiments: 7te Kurmarkische Landwehr, 6te Ulanen, kk Kürassierregiment Nr.4, kk Bombardier-Regiment Nr.3, kk AR Nr.2, GGR Nr.4, Artillerie im Kö.Preuß.IR Nr.33.
>>Scenes<<

Offline KillerShark

• First Lieutenant
  • THE KillerShark
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: February 19, 2017, 05:56:07 pm »
Former: 29th CSjt, 12th Cpl, Nr37 Kpl, 21eme SoD, 18th LtCol, 1stMN/64th SgtMaj, 23rdPA SgtMaj, 45e CplFo, 78th ESO, 29th Capt, 57th Kgm, LG Fus, 71st Cpl, 34e SoD, 2ndQF LCpl, LG Uffz, Nr4 Gmnr, 98e SoD, 75e Fus, 18e FusV, 47th Grd, and 21st Pte.

Self Proclaimed best movement key player NA

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2331 on: February 19, 2017, 06:08:56 pm »
-snip-

I really love these type of videos. The one with Joffrey is very good, too.

Offline Jelly

• Colonel
  • Formerly of 1stKDG, 60th, 1erChas, K-KA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: May 24, 2017, 07:30:52 pm »

Offline Ted

• Colonel
  • Aufknöpfen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: May 24, 2017, 07:56:07 pm »
Former Regiments: 7te Kurmarkische Landwehr, 6te Ulanen, kk Kürassierregiment Nr.4, kk Bombardier-Regiment Nr.3, kk AR Nr.2, GGR Nr.4, Artillerie im Kö.Preuß.IR Nr.33.
>>Scenes<<

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #2334 on: May 24, 2017, 08:10:59 pm »
Lannisters are getting fucked here :/
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline Ted

• Colonel
  • Aufknöpfen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: May 24, 2017, 08:18:12 pm »
Lannisters are getting fucked here :/

I think Cersei will survive the season though. However, I fear that Jaime might find himself grilled by a dragon after loosing the battle against Daenerys.

The thing that worries me a bit is Littlefinger being choked by Jon. I do not want him to die, I want him to meet with Varys again  :(
>>Scenes<<

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: May 25, 2017, 12:00:10 am »
Looks dumb.

Who's Cersei's enemies in the west? She has the fucking Westerlands. Is Euron going to attack the Westerlands for no reason? He doesn't even attack where he attacks in the books to necessarily take that land, and I'm pretty sure where he does attack has a lot more of what he wants than the Westerlands do.
Dragonstone doesn't look like Dragonstone. It looks like something from the Eyrie.
Danny's throne looks dumb. Is it trying to elude to the black rock theory? Probably not, wouldn't make sense if it was.
Well hey, at least the Arya scenes look consistent to the last season. Her going around in a place that's not relevant to the rest of the series and having troubles that don't connect to anything else and are unrealistic of her to overcome alone.
Dothraki were born in the saddle, but they'll take any opportunity to for no reason jump out of it.
More burning ships? Someone's got a fetish.
Strong's new armor looks unnecessary. "We've got enemies in every direction, it's time to accessorize!"
Looks like Unsullied have to take the fight to the Lannister men. So, what exactly are the dragons for, again? Plot devices, just not for this part of the plot?
Why is Jon Snow running through the snow in wildling clothing? Is it really that much warmer than Night's Watch armor? I'm sure it's definitely not as protective.
Is Asha Yara Greyjoy having sex with Ellaria Sand? Why? I mean, I asked a similar question before when they revealed Yara to be gay, when Asha was not in the books, because it made no difference to the plot there. Was that change exclusively so that she can be manipulated by Ellaria Sand? Is that the only, whole reason why they thought she should be a lesbian? That's not even a thing about equality when you're implying all lesbians are easily manipulated sexually by other women.
Eunuchs having sex scenes? Come on.
I just now realized. The Dothraki are fighting the Lannister men in the other clips. But where is that landscape depicting, and who the fuck would fight Dothraki on open ground? Are the Lannisters really that inept that they'd leave King's Landing's defenses to fight Dothraki horseriders on an open plain?

Dumb. As. Shit. Inb4 Snow and Danny start banging at first sight.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 12:02:42 am by Audiate »

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: May 25, 2017, 12:46:17 am »
I don't expect the writing to be any better than in the previous 4 seasons (which was shit) but it does seem like we're going to see some cool fighting scenes. Guess that will have to suffice
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #2338 on: May 25, 2017, 01:14:23 am »
That extended arm out of a cell was interesting because it looked like someone had either some serious burns, dragonscale, or a plague victim. It's really the only part I can't put a finger on, and also, seems dumb to me that the Unsullied would use spears for close quarters combat, they've obviously not played a Total War game to know swords are better in close combat
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile