Author Topic: US Politics thread  (Read 60806 times)

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
US Politics thread
« on: November 13, 2016, 08:53:20 pm »
Since there is a UK thread I'm guessing this is allowed. Keep it civil and on topic. If you can't do that then gtfo

A lot of stuff happened in America recently. Trump won the electoral college, Hilary won the popular vote. States like California and New York still have some absentee ballots they never counted for some reason. There are an estimated 7 million of them.
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
Re: US Politics thread
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 08:55:47 pm »
I think everything is going as planned for Hillary and George Soros. They planned to lose the election and then spark riots to get rid of the electoral college which hurts the Democrat party since most of their votes come from major cities.
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 09:01:49 pm »
how bad are the riots if I may ask? I cant imagine that they are enough to actually matter, I mean it has to be a small minority right?
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 09:11:49 pm »
how bad are the riots if I may ask? I cant imagine that they are enough to actually matter, I mean it has to be a small minority right?
Well the riots vary. Detroit and some other cities have some peaceful protests (I think their still going on). I think it's pretty bad on the west coast. Their attacking cars, shops, and bystanders. There's a video of an old man who voted for trump getting beat and his car stolen. In Philly, a homeless veteran has been beat to death. There has also been cop that has been killed (maybe some more that were wounded). The cops began using riot gear. That's about as far as I know.

Portland, Oregon is where the worst of it is happening.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 09:22:25 pm by BabyJesus »

Offline The Mighty McLovin

• Deserves a better title than this
  • Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2016, 09:29:22 pm »
And they blame Trump for saying that he wouldn't accept the election outcome.
Sigh, why can't people accept the result of a presidential election?

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2016, 09:30:12 pm »
Did this get posted yet? One of the best Videos I watched in a while.

CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2016, 09:38:02 pm »
Did this get posted yet? One of the best Videos I watched in a while.

yea that videos been posted a couple of times. It never gets old

Norwegian13

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2016, 09:53:30 pm »
Hilarious double standards going on in the U.S right now.

Remember how everyone got upset because Donald Trump said that he won't say if he will or will not accept the election results before the actual results are published and everyone got mad at him? Well, look, now it's Hillary's supporters being all upset about the result and going out in the streets to protest a DEMOCRATIC choice and election. It seems to me like they're trying to fight democracy, because Trump is a democratically elected president. This whole "#HeIsNotMyPresident" campaign and calls to assassinate him are utterly ridicoulous. They really just should get over it and accept the fact that he is now their new president. It's funny that the mainstream media is barely reporting this, when there are people calling for a president to be killed and rioters on the streets are trying to make sure that a democratically elected president doesn't take office. Imagine how it would be if it was the other way around, eh? If it was Trump's supporters, not Hillary's that were out on the streets. I'm sure the mainstream media would have a lot of fun with them.

Oh and look, they're trying to get the electrocal college to make Hillary president. It's funny how people haven't really complained about the Electrocal College system being "undemocratic" until this point, where a candidate that isn't supported by the mainstream media wins. #DoubleStandards

https://www.change.org/p/electoral-college-electors-electoral-college-make-hillary-clinton-president-on-december-19

(https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2170017/guardian-journalist-sparks-fury-after-calling-for-donald-trumps-assassination-over-twitter/
http://www.dailystormer.com/paki-terrorist-monisha-rajesh-calls-for-trump-assassination-on-twitter-deletes-account/ - This was actually quite funny, she deleted her entire Twitter account and everything. Don't see why she isn't arrested yet though, making threats against a person shouldn't be allowed regardless of their position.)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2016, 10:12:15 pm »
Hypocritic or not, you are always entiteled to (peaceful) protest. They're not claiming (or at least, they shouldn't and I don't it happening a lot) that Hillary Clinton should be president: They are saying Trump is not fit to be, whatever the outcome of the election says. I also wouldn't argue the protest is meaningless; consider it a show of the vocial minority (or majority, actually) that want to remind Trump they will not make it easy for him. Democracy is important, but not as important as the rule of law. We don't want the USA to become Russia 2.0.

Also, I don't want Trump impeached or killed. Mike Pence is just as bad and twenty times as conservative.

Electoral college should be thrown out, yes. Or at least made proportional.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 10:16:49 pm by Duuring »

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2016, 10:17:53 pm »
I'm 100% fine with peaceful protests. I'm not fine with what's going on in Portland

I think it would be interesting what would happen if every state was like Maine and Nevada. I think that would be interesting

Norwegian13

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2016, 10:26:42 pm »
Yes, I too am fine with peaceful protests but it's kinda funny when the Clinton campaign was telling the Trump side not to protest and be mad if they lost.

I also back what BabyJ said, and as long as the protests are peaceful I'm fine with it. One thing that really got me angry one day, was that I saw a video of some black people attacking an elderly man just because he had voted for Trump and was supporting him. That shouldn't be acceptable, because afterall, the U.S claims to be a democratic country, and everyone should be entitled to voicing their own opinion without being attacked for it like happened in this instance.

Generally, I have always been against the Electoral College, as I personally, see it as a undemocratic way of going forth, but now that it's been used in this election, I would not support dismantling it now and then re-counting the vote to be the popular vote. If they wanted to do that, they should have done it before the elections, not after. However, dismantling the Electoral College is something they can do for the next presidental elections, but for now people should just accept the fact that Trump has been elected, and not incite any violence upon people that have voiced their support for him.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2016, 11:13:43 pm »
By the way, I removed the political thread because this thread sorta takes over its purpose and it was far too big anyway.

Offline Grantrithor

• Second Lieutenant
  • <><><><>
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2016, 03:52:05 am »
A lot of the processes and systems which seem bizarre in the united states of America are an artifact of the fact that they are united states and not a single entity. Though the electoral college is flawed its existence comes from the fact that American citizens are meant to be citizens of their state first and the union second. Thus citizens of a state decide by popular vote who will represent their state (or the criteria is whatever the state legislature decides because hey it's their state). It's one of those states rights things, and the controversy of course always comes to if states rights are going against individual rights. If the electoral college is to be dismantled, America would need to centralize, or if the electoral college is to stay, America would need to decentralize. I'm not familiar with how the EU does it, but the EU seems to be much less centralized than the USA and seems to be the way the USA is supposed to be, but I'm not too knowledgeable on that.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2016, 05:18:10 am »
new poll

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2016, 05:20:51 am »
I know you guys talk about these civil issues, not saying they don't matter by any means such as with racism, protests, immigration; but at the other spectrum already Trump has talked to Ian reed and other big pharma figureheads who are actively considering staying or relocating to the US, if the tax rate is lower/ providing way more higher paying jobs here.  Even Apple is considering it.  So M&A activity in big pharma, tech, energy sectors will increase/ which is another reason why Wall Street is looking good. 

In regards to electoral college, it does come down to states rights and equal representation of the state.  States are different, in economics, culture, laws, etc... and if the electoral college was dismantled and it went by popular vote/ then more states than the few blue would feel there representation didn't mean anything at all, and that a few states gain full power.  That's why it exists in general, so I don't believe in a full dismantlement but definitely needs to be modified in terms of gerrymandering and other sketchy policies