Author Topic: Have a question about Modding? Ask Here!  (Read 310018 times)

Offline cwca

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Have a question about Modding? Ask Here!
« Reply #1620 on: March 01, 2017, 11:34:56 pm »
How do I create shading for my textures? for example, when I stand under a tree, the texture stays the same? Is it something I need to change in OpenBRF or is it something to do with the texture itself?
You want to check that the model's material first has a shader applied that is not standart_shader. Check regular NW uniforms in openBRF for the typical shader a torso, pants or hat uses along with the Spec RGB and Coeff numbers with the flags. Most usual uniform materials have flags of 20. Your texture should also have the flags AA000 added in openBRF's Texture tab.

I've tried to replace "Garde Briquet" to add the dangling thingy which grenadiers and voltigeurs had.
Spoiler
[close]
With the unsheathed version it worked. But the one in scabbard was still the same thought it was changed in brf
Spoiler
[close]
Does anyone know what's the problem?
The problem may be the new sheath scabbared model is not named the same as the default one to appear in-game in client-side mods. The new scabbard should have vertex animation as well, this may or may not be doable of a detail to add an extra thing to a scabbard. Depending on vertex animation, probably.

So in these resource files I see uni.equip.brf and a lot of other "uni's"

Does someone know what they stand for and what these files do?
uni_equip.brf is one of many files that store the module's animations used in-game.
I would guess uni stands for universal as these are also animation files that are used almost, if not, universally in the CommonRes and were perhaps required/altered/left over for Napoleonic Wars for its own Resource folder. (Ani_) named files are the other animation brf files. That, and for NW, mmanimations.brf is commonly used.

Thanks!  ;D

Offline habsburg

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: kk_KR_Nr4_ViCpl_Habsburg
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1621 on: March 07, 2017, 06:16:12 pm »
Hello there!

I have a question about recolouring textures: I am currently working on the "Pinzgauer Schützen", an Austrian Landwehr unit, and I want them to replace the Grenzers. The problem here is that the "Pinzgauers" wore grey pants, while the Grenzers are wearing blue pants. Obviously this wouldn't be a problem if the Hungarian Line and the Grenzers had two separate textures for their pants, but since this isn't the case, I would seriously mess up my Hungarians if I changed the color of 'austrian_hungarian_pants.dds'.

So there are two possible solutions for this:

1) Someone explains to me how I can add a new/copy/do something with 'austrian_hungarian_pants.dds' that changes the color for the Grenzers but not the Hungarian Line.
2) Someone finds an Austrian Line infantry that wore grey pants.

Would greatly appreciate some help
Thanks for reading anyway :D

Here are the "Pinzgauers" if you'd like to create your own version of them:
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: March 07, 2017, 07:25:15 pm »
Hello there!

I have a question about recolouring textures: I am currently working on the "Pinzgauer Schützen", an Austrian Landwehr unit, and I want them to replace the Grenzers. The problem here is that the "Pinzgauers" wore grey pants, while the Grenzers are wearing blue pants. Obviously this wouldn't be a problem if the Hungarian Line and the Grenzers had two separate textures for their pants, but since this isn't the case, I would seriously mess up my Hungarians if I changed the color of 'austrian_hungarian_pants.dds'.

1) Someone explains to me how I can add a new/copy/do something with 'austrian_hungarian_pants.dds' that changes the color for the Grenzers but not the Hungarian Line.

Spoiler
[close]
You could remove the pants and attach them to models separately (the grenzer, line and grenadier one). So you would copy the pants and paste them under each main model of the unit you want to add it to
Then you will rename them, for example for grenzers, like this: austrian_grenzer.3 (number 3 represents the number of attached separate models to main model). Then you will just change the material of the pants

I hope you understood, im not very good at explaining  :D
I included an example picture of how it should look like
Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 07:31:46 pm by Dazzer »

Offline habsburg

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: kk_KR_Nr4_ViCpl_Habsburg
« Reply #1623 on: March 07, 2017, 09:22:24 pm »
Hello there!

Spoiler
[close]
You could remove the pants and attach them to models separately (the grenzer, line and grenadier one). So you would copy the pants and paste them under each main model of the unit you want to add it to
Then you will rename them, for example for grenzers, like this: austrian_grenzer.3 (number 3 represents the number of attached separate models to main model). Then you will just change the material of the pants

Spoiler
[close]

Wow!
Thanks a lot! Now they finally look good!

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: March 27, 2017, 04:26:40 pm »
I disallowed drummers to play command calls by a mistake. Now I cant remember in which file I did it, but I think the code had a number in it, most likely 1 and I changed it to 0. Does anybody know?

Offline Aternox

• Second Lieutenant
  • A prayer's as good as a bayonet on a day like this
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: March 28, 2017, 11:45:47 pm »
I disallowed drummers to play command calls by a mistake. Now I cant remember in which file I did it, but I think the code had a number in it, most likely 1 and I changed it to 0. Does anybody know?

in m_scripts look for script_multiplayer_server_agent_play_music
Code
(try_begin),
        (eq,":instrument","itm_drumstick_right"),
        (try_begin),
          (eq,":agent_faction","fac_britain"),
          (assign,":start_cond",drum_sounds_britain_begin),
          (assign,":end_cond",drum_sounds_britain_end),

if you scroll through the factions to get to the end of the drummer section
Code
        (assign,":has_secondary",1),
        (assign,":sec_start_cond",drum_sounds_calls_begin),
        (assign,":sec_end_cond",drum_sounds_calls_end),
        (assign,":animation","anim_drum"),

check if :has_secondary is assigned 1 and not 0, if it's already 1 then I'm looking at the wrong bit (but what you're looking for I think would be in that script)

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: March 29, 2017, 07:29:02 pm »

in m_scripts look for script_multiplayer_server_agent_play_music
Code
(try_begin),
        (eq,":instrument","itm_drumstick_right"),
        (try_begin),
          (eq,":agent_faction","fac_britain"),
          (assign,":start_cond",drum_sounds_britain_begin),
          (assign,":end_cond",drum_sounds_britain_end),

if you scroll through the factions to get to the end of the drummer section
Code
        (assign,":has_secondary",1),
        (assign,":sec_start_cond",drum_sounds_calls_begin),
        (assign,":sec_end_cond",drum_sounds_calls_end),
        (assign,":animation","anim_drum"),

check if :has_secondary is assigned 1 and not 0, if it's already 1 then I'm looking at the wrong bit (but what you're looking for I think would be in that script)
Thanks, that should be it. And how would I go about deleting all "drum calls" so they dont appear in game?

Offline Aternox

• Second Lieutenant
  • A prayer's as good as a bayonet on a day like this
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: March 29, 2017, 11:02:32 pm »
I think you just need to open m_sounds and delete the drummer tracks you don't want since the game scripts just call a section of what happens to be there and not call specific 'drummer calls/tracks'. Recommend another another voice on this because I haven't tested that

Doesn't your mod need drummer calls though?

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: March 30, 2017, 12:01:46 am »
I think you just need to open m_sounds and delete the drummer tracks you don't want since the game scripts just call a section of what happens to be there and not call specific 'drummer calls/tracks'. Recommend another another voice on this because I haven't tested that

Doesn't your mod need drummer calls though?
Yes, but they were added to the other section, since they can fit there and I thought it would be stupid if they were twice in there. Of course it might change if we add another marching song which will make it not able to fit in there

Offline PelvicThrust

• First Sergeant
  • 32nd Regiment of Foot - Light Infantry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: April 15, 2017, 06:45:45 pm »
This may have already been asked, but I would love some help!

The unit in question is the 51st Light Infantry, I want to remove the officer sash, however when I do this in openBRF I am left with an ugly 'shadow' on the officer,

in addition, I want to change the trousers, however I cannot see this type of trousers anywhere in the British Uniform BRF file?

see img:

Spoiler

[close]

How do I get rid this of this mark? Thankyou in advance!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 06:56:41 pm by PelvicThrust »

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: April 15, 2017, 10:22:15 pm »
As for the sash, right click on mesh "british_light_officer", then discard and select "per vertex color"

Offline PelvicThrust

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: April 15, 2017, 10:32:48 pm »
As for the sash, right click on mesh "british_light_officer", then discard and select "per vertex color"

Fantastic!

In regards to the Trousers, I do believe they are from a different nation, any idea on how to change them?

Offline PelvicThrust

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: April 15, 2017, 11:00:19 pm »
In regards to the Trousers, I do believe they are from a different nation, any idea on how to change them?

I had a skim through the uniformBRF's for the different nations and from what I can see the 51st Officer shares the trousers of the Russian Dragoons...

Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 11:14:33 pm by PelvicThrust »

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: April 16, 2017, 12:38:41 am »
If I understood correctly, you want the officer to wear different trousers than the current one. If thats the case, I posted a solution for that while ago.

Spoiler
[close]

Offline PelvicThrust

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: April 16, 2017, 01:38:50 am »
If I understood correctly, you want the officer to wear different trousers than the current one. If thats the case, I posted a solution for that while ago.

Spoiler
[close]

I tried replicating what you have done, sadly it would appear the two different trousers have merged...

see attached

Spoiler
[close]