Author Topic: Assassins Creed: Empire - Will it come or not?  (Read 1724 times)

AeroNinja

Assassins Creed: Empire - Will it come or not?
« on: January 05, 2017, 07:27:49 pm »

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Assassins Creed: Empire - Will it come or not?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 01:09:40 pm »
Honestly, I can't really give a damn. I won't buy it anyway.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 01:48:13 pm »
The last good AC game was Black Flag, not played any of the others since that because the games are too repetitive and boring. Black Flag mixed it up a bit but the series then returned to the usual 'running around a city' stuff.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 02:20:25 pm »
I have pirated every game since black flag, I got Unity for free but that was just unplayable.

Last good game in my opinion is debatable Brotherhood/Revelations (both the same game basically). 3 was alright I guess but it took waaaay too long to do anything in the story which was boring and Black Flag got boring quickly.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Rhen

• Colonel
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 05:32:27 pm »
Haven't played any of the games in the series. Just a sport simulator of parkour whilst trying to pull off that cape look.

Offline Who-

• Colonel
  • You been lookin' for the wrong one
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 06:13:47 pm »
AC1,AC2,Brotherhood and Blackflag are the only good ones
I'm like a reincarnated Saltyy But I actually have some talent.

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 07:12:25 pm »
Whatever the next title is, it probably will come out this year after the movie was the focus last year. I will be very cautious before buying this upcoming game because it needs a serious return to the roots of what made Assassin's Creed great and engaging. Like stealth, crowd interaction and reaction to the player's actions, where they can even hinder you, collectibles being entirely optional, a good balance of historical and modern day story, ever since the first game.

Random ramblings on previous games
The first game truly shined to introduce something different, something new and interesting. The medieval feel of the Crusades was great, the modern-day was established and had a good balance between the two, a return to roots in Egypt may accomplish this again, where AC lately is stretching on the too-modern line of historical settings.

Micro-transactions for example, is not one of those features I wish to see return. Why the hell would I spend Erudito credits for something I can get in-game by just playing the game? Additional credits cost real money, who would pay money for time savers? If they have collectible maps, I want to be able to find that in-game preferably purchased with in-game currency not this weak premium currency BS. If I remember correctly, I saw a screenshot showing the upcoming game will have micro-transactions which is just terrible. I hope it is not more prominent.

In AC: Revelations, we have a rather short story, and a slightly improved multiplayer. One of my biggest gripes with the multiplayer was how careless and unbalanced the abilities were. The teleport ability was my most disliked ability IMO, it was not easy to counter and everyone was using the smoke bomb and teleport ability in artifact assault, and later any other game mode. Everyone was doing it, and if the whole enemy team does it and your team is doing jack-all, oh man prepare for frustration to even have a chance. Multiplayer was good besides that, but teleport ability just ruined it.

Ever since Assassin's Creed 3's end, where we, the player are no longer given a name to care for. Where in IV: Black Flag, we are simply an unnamed person which felt very jarring and bland IMO.

Unity was trying something different, but it lacked in many areas. And that is after the major day-one problems were fixed. Optimization was a huge issue, crashes randomly and some features not fleshed-out. You can team up with up to four players, in just co-op missions not the whole or even majority of the main story. The trailer led to believe the missions was important to the story, and that mission featured was not even in-game! Just the antagonist as an end game easter egg in the released version. They planned originally to include female assassins, but for the equipment loadout setup later said it was too much work. That was disappointing. One of my biggest gripes was how come I can no longer interact with civilian NPCs, they add more NPCs which can impact performance at the cost of not being able to pickpocket them, attack them, etc. I remember you can push them but that was it.

The last Assassin's Creed game I played was Syndicate, which was not terrible, nor the greatest either. It was an enjoyable game for me but it lacked in certain areas. This title was almost becoming too modern, Evie's chameleon ability makes no sense in-game other than the animus being a simulation. No multiplayer was a blessing this time IMO, but only because in Brotherhood, Revelations, III, Black Flag the multiplayer was the same with new features tacted on. The series needed a break from a multiplayer. Especially for how many games Ubisoft could continue to support the multiplayer feature.
[close]

AC1,AC2,Brotherhood and Blackflag are the only good ones
This, and after playing to finish AC III was decent, AC: Rogue was solid too IMO.

As for the movie, have not seen it. Maybe that year was well spent on making the upcoming game better.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 07:21:34 pm by usnavy30 »
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

AeroNinja

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2017, 07:17:04 pm »
Yeah to be honest Assassins Creed 1 with Altaïr is my favorite. Fantastic story and game.

I do hope the story is going to be good as also the gameplay mechanics. I kinda liked the combat system from the third black flag. But they haven't confirmed many things about the game yet which is obvious. But I think Egypt is totally the wrong setting for such a game to be honest.

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2017, 07:24:09 pm »
Yeah to be honest Assassins Creed 1 with Altaïr is my favorite. Fantastic story and game.

I do hope the story is going to be good as also the gameplay mechanics. I kinda liked the combat system from the third black flag. But they haven't confirmed many things about the game yet which is obvious. But I think Egypt is totally the wrong setting for such a game to be honest.
We will have to wait and see how the ancient Egypt setting will be handled. What do you mean by the combat system from the third black flag? There was only AC III introducing basic naval mechanics, Black Flag improving on that and AC: Rogue continuing to slightly improve on the naval gameplay aspect. Unless you meant AC: Rogue's combat.
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

AeroNinja

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2017, 07:27:28 pm »
Well I meant the Physics like, in AC you could just easily kill everyone by just wait and counter. They didn't attack that much or didn't show much resistance. In AC 3 and Black flag they actually attacked you a lot. Though you could easily combo some guys. But I think it's way more brutal and fun to play.

Which also is in Rogue I think.

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2017, 04:09:11 am »
WE WUZ

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2017, 04:17:33 am »
I enjoyed AC1 alot however nothing beats the introduction to Ezio in AC2 in my opinion. Good storyline and the way they introduced the weapon mods was really well done and gave you that feeling of "SWEEEEET" when you unlock the duel hidden blades :DD

I agree with you by the way usnavy on basically all of that.

Also for those of you that haven't seen the movie, do not bother. Watch it when it comes out on netflix or something. I won't spoil anything for you but I will say that the story is more about finding out what the animus is itself rather than actual assassinations and minimal fighting which is what literally everyone wanted to see obviously.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 04:20:22 am by John Price »
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Nock

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2017, 11:02:33 pm »
I have pirated every game since black flag, I got Unity for free but that was just unplayable.

Last good game in my opinion is debatable Brotherhood/Revelations (both the same game basically). 3 was alright I guess but it took waaaay too long to do anything in the story which was boring and Black Flag got boring quickly.

imo : AC 2 > AC1/Revelations/Brotherhood > AC3 > All the other shit AC