Author Topic: How are the events going to work? | Server Problems  (Read 6918 times)

Offline Bamse

• Second Lieutenant
  • Former 15th Hussar SCoH, 16e Hussard Cpt.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 16e_Huss_Lt_Bamse
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: How are the events going to work? | Server Problems
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2014, 12:36:53 am »
We wait it out and use capped 100 man servers. That's my plan so far.

Well since the 2nd event server crashed with less then 90players i doubt you will be able to do that. UNLESS you have a swever that can run this.

Current: 16e Regiment de Hussards - Lieutenant Bamse
Past Regiments: 15th Hussars - Staff Corporal of Horse | K1. Kungliga Livgardet Till Häst

Offline Commissar Jdf

• General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USMC_Maj_CommissarJdf
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2014, 12:39:41 am »
We wait it out and use capped 100 man servers. That's my plan so far.

Well since the 2nd event server crashed with less then 90players i doubt you will be able to do that. UNLESS you have a swever that can run this.

Yeah haha, lower than 100 is literally no problem. We were averaging 90-100 earlier and then it started lagging and delaying at 100+

Offline 5arge

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2014, 03:33:54 pm »
Two servers.
This is our solution for now. 2 server playing 50 vs 50.

It would be a shame to do that though, less players would mean the event being less action packed.
There is even less action on a crashed and/or lagging server. Wouldn't you agree?
it seems that the person on the wrong end of 5arge always seems to get the punishment.

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2014, 03:58:29 pm »
It is a lot action packed, the Conquest maps are pretty big too. And Artillery will be lost behind the couch.

I hope this issue is fixed soon.

Offline Saga

• Major General
  • Patiently waiting for BCOF since 2012.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2014, 05:54:25 pm »
I would say a 25 vs 25 is ideal for the current stage of this mod. (Just to be safe)

Offline Salt

• Major
  • We really out here
    • View Profile
  • Nick: bless
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2014, 08:03:50 pm »
We had an event last night and at first more people showed up than thought and we had about 170+ and the server just crashed. We expected that, but when we split into 2 servers and were fighting 40-50 on each side it still lagged horribly.  :(
I'm the reincarnated Who- with no talent.

Offline Colbac

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 24th[LtCol]_Colbac
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2014, 09:01:40 pm »
The CEF went to Getty's NACE event, and we ended up splitting the servers due to the lag caused by 200 man server. The lag was gone once we split servers.

Offline -~Carson~-

• Corporal
  • thatguy1234
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2014, 06:47:23 pm »
With every server I've been on which have had over 100 players, there has been major lag. And no, it's not my internet because everyone on the variety of servers all type in chat that they are lagging also. It doesn't matter which server, each one always lags at the 100+ player mark.

So, how will events work which are going to hold up to 200 players?

same with me....

Offline Preston

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Preston
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2014, 06:59:07 am »
The lag is the problem!

Offline asagek

• Sergeant
  • A glorious death is his who for his country falls.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Timo
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2014, 08:42:29 am »
The lag is the problem!
Calma Calma!! We know all know this and they are working on it so just have a little patience and show a little respect !?
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
No, I would recommend removing a faction to reduce the lag. I would suggest removing France.
[close]

Offline Eatjello

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2014, 10:04:58 am »
The lag is the problem!

Nah I think it's the machine guns imo this coming sunday im gonna see how rifles, grenades, arty works no machine guns. to me it makes sense

Offline TWking

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2014, 10:07:33 pm »
Aside from the problems with the server, there are major problems with the event itself.

1. Events become first come, wins. Ways to fix (some for admins, some for devs)
  - A way to fix this is for admins to add custom "objectives". An example
     Objective: France must take mid trench and hold it for 5 minutes. France must then assault and steal some artillery, if this fails Germany may have a chance to attack.
(This is a very good objective, some high creative thought would be needed for better one. I am not very creative)
  - Smoke Grenades, it they cant see you they cant kill you.
  - Moving whilst crouching for Sturmbatallion and bomb squads, so they can actually attack without dying too easy.

2. Ramboing is rife.
 - Ramboing is quite hard to distinguish from non ramboing.
   The only way to fix this that I know of is to had a few extra admins.

Feel free to add ideas or thoughts. I will update this as I play events and do not think this is a completed list.
Spoiler

[close]

Offline FAULTYscotsman

• Second Lieutenant
  • Jacobite by Name,
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FAULTYscotsman
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2014, 12:30:45 am »
Aside from the problems with the server, there are major problems with the event itself.

Objective: France must take mid trench and hold it for 5 minutes. France must then assault and steal some artillery, if this fails Germany may have a chance to attack.
(This is a very good objective, some high creative thought would be needed for better one. I am not very creative)
  - Moving whilst crouching for Sturmbatallion and bomb squads, so they can actually attack without dying too easy.

2. Ramboing is rife.

Feel free to add ideas or thoughts. I will update this as I play events and do not think this is a completed list.

I think custom objectives is what is needed for events to work in this mod.

Even conquest but re-worked could be an option,

For Example:

France has to capture a flag (trench) and they meed to hold it for a certain amount of time while the Germans have to try and take that flag back within the time frame and France are unable to advance because of a invisible wall or something.

Something as simple as that will be sufficient. 

In this mod I don't think ramboing should be a problem. I mean if it trench warfare then 1 person should be no problem. (My opinion).
a port will save a mans life, a rifle will only keep it safe

Offline Weejock McFiddles

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Cabela
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2014, 11:10:05 am »

2. Ramboing is rife.

For Example:

France has to capture a flag (trench) and they meed to hold it for a certain amount of time while the Germans have to try and take that flag back within the time frame and France are unable to advance because of a invisible wall or something.

In this mod I don't think ramboing should be a problem. I mean if it trench warfare then 1 person should be no problem. (My opinion).

Tbh the reason that wouldnt work is because the defending team would have to be retarded to lose. Also rambo rules should stay the same. Screw having some 13 year old run off with a sniper and wipe a trech just because he cba to stay with his unit/ cant listen to his commander..

Offline FAULTYscotsman

• Second Lieutenant
  • Jacobite by Name,
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FAULTYscotsman
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2014, 03:22:08 pm »
Spoiler

2. Ramboing is rife.

For Example:

Tbh the reason that wouldnt work is because the defending team would have to be retarded to lose. Also rambo rules should stay the same. Screw having some 13 year old run off with a sniper and wipe a trech just because he cba to stay with his unit/ cant listen to his commander..
[close]

I see what you mean but if the attacking uses artillery properly  (that is why maps need plenty more artillery at atleast 10 guns) .

The current trench maps need to redesigned. To the way they actually where...

Spoiler
[close]

with that layout so artillery is less affective but still useful.

Well maby there is a way for it to be that the defenders have a certain number of lives and the attackers have unlimited.

Basicly its like siege  and conquest put together.

Once France has held the trench for that amount of time they have to attack the German trench while the Germans have to defend and if the French or Germans succeed in attacking then the defending team gets pushed back to the next line so on...

I think something like that would be cool
a port will save a mans life, a rifle will only keep it safe