Author Topic: Civilization: Beyond Earth  (Read 1308 times)

Offline Hinkel

• Colonel
  • Confederate Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gen_Hinkel
  • Side: Confederacy
Civilization: Beyond Earth
« on: October 20, 2014, 12:57:14 pm »
Civilization: Beyond Earth will be released on friday!
Anybody in that forum is playing the civilization games and will get that on release? :)

I personally can't wait.. I have tousands of hours spent in 2-player hotseat in the Civ III-V games!

Seed the Adventure – Players will establish a cultural identity, select a leader and sponsor an expedition by assembling the spacecraft, cargo and colonists through a series of choices that directly impact starting conditions when arriving on the new alien planet.

Alien World – Exploring the benefits and dangers of a new planet filled with dangerous terrain, mystical resources, and hostile lifeforms unlike those of Earth, players will build outposts, unearth ancient alien relics, tame new forms of life, develop flourishing cities and establish trade routes to create prosperity for their people.

New Technology Web – Reflecting forward progress in an uncertain future, technology advancement will occur through a series of nonlinear choices that affect the development of mankind. The tech web is organized around three broad themes, each with a distinct victory condition.

New Quest System – Quests are infused with fiction about the planet, and will help guide players through a series of side missions that will aid in the collection of resources, upgrading units, and advancing through the game.

New Orbital Layer – Players will build and deploy advanced military, economic and scientific satellites that provide strategic offensive, defensive and support capabilities from orbit.

Offline Aksei

• Donator
  • meh
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Aksei
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Civilization: Beyond Earth
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 02:22:30 pm »
i think i buy it like all civ games^^, but not at release day.

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
  • There isn't a noose tight enough
    • View Profile
    • People's History Podcast
  • Nick: Noah
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 04:10:15 pm »
Not a huge fan of civ games but that's neither here nor there
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline Crescent Glow

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 04:11:23 pm »
I might pick this one up, looks interesting enough.

Offline TheZach_Attack

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Zach_Attack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 05:25:28 pm »
I have it on my Steam Wish list if it goes on sale maybe.