Author Topic: Help wanted for upcomming Napoleonic Wars patch  (Read 54466 times)

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Help wanted for upcomming Napoleonic Wars patch
« Reply #255 on: December 15, 2017, 07:34:47 am »
Hi, I‘m sure you said it multiple times already, but could you name every change that will affect the cavalry?
Like a list with everything on it :)

Thank you and great work so far!
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 15, 2017, 07:44:54 am »
I thought Thunderstormer stated they'll post the patch notes on the forums?

Also, really cool commander battle changes Vince!

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 15, 2017, 09:33:05 am »
I thought Thunderstormer stated they'll post the patch notes on the forums?

Also, really cool commander battle changes Vince!
that is the plan.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline ed112

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 15, 2017, 12:51:43 pm »
Hello again guys, I have spoken with some of my fellow admins on EU Commander about any changes they think might be necessary.

One cool idea we had was giving the lancer unit within commander battle all lances because at the moment the lancers as a unit only spawn with a very limited number of lances, and they tend to be really quite weak both as shock cavalry and in drawn out melee combat.

Another thing we also want to stress is that from the mind of us from commander battle the idea of buffing heavy cavalry in anyway feels quite unnecessary because at the moment they are incredibly powerful units capable of inflicting huge casualties if used properly and to buff them could make them much too powerful as opposed to other units.

In relation to buffing or reducing the power of any other units I am personally very happy with how most others perform within commander battle. One other slight issue that might be something that could improve commander battle would be to reduce the effective range of bots when using guns because at the moment the effective range of units in commander battle is much further than would be accurate for the Napoleonic wars.

However saying that this is a game and at present commander battle provides incredibly fun and tactical games even with bots having a huge effective range. Another idea proposed by one of our admins was the idea of having breakable lances for the lancers so that after charging they would have to switch to swords particularly if they all have lances.

Will try to come up with some more ideas that might be useful one of our other very influential admins named Thundgil is quite busy at the moment but will try to see if he can think of anything he would like to see.

Offline ed112

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 15, 2017, 01:07:29 pm »
There is one more thing that has occurred to me. Since we introduced class limits into commander battle a few years ago we have had the Sailor, Partizani and Line Militia classes disabled. Now I don't ever see us removing the class restrictions imposed on Sailor and Partizani as they simply are not made for commander battle, but in relation to line militia if it could be made so that as a unit they all spawn with guns rather than some having guns and others pikes they could be quite an interesting unit to re-enable and have used as light skirmishers.

Offline Futui_tuto

• Sergeant
  • S&M Senior developer & Level design lead
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 96y_Maj_Futui
« Reply #260 on: December 17, 2017, 02:14:12 pm »
Please add more hp to the doors and gates, It seems to me that it is not realistic that the door breaks with 2-3 bayonet hits. In addition, there is no point in using the doors in sieges, as this does not change anything. In NW you need 1-2 hits with axe to destroy the door, while in native you will destroy the door with a big ax for a minute or more. Maybe + 400% hp to doors (about 10 bayonet hits to every door) and a little bit more for earth_gates and viking doors. Its so stupid, when massive gates destroying for 4 hits..

Offline Futui_tuto

• Sergeant
  • S&M Senior developer & Level design lead
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 96y_Maj_Futui
« Reply #261 on: December 17, 2017, 02:18:23 pm »
Also... Can it be fixed?

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 17, 2017, 03:11:46 pm »
Please add more hp to the doors and gates, It seems to me that it is not realistic that the door breaks with 2-3 bayonet hits. In addition, there is no point in using the doors in sieges, as this does not change anything. In NW you need 1-2 hits with axe to destroy the door, while in native you will destroy the door with a big ax for a minute or more. Maybe + 400% hp to doors (about 10 bayonet hits to every door) and a little bit more for earth_gates and viking doors. Its so stupid, when massive gates destroying for 4 hits..
Doors are not the main things to slow down the enemy like they are in native.  You have bullets that you cant stop, you have arty shelling you as you attack, and sapper stuff for attacking and defending.  Doors are not meant to be the thing that slows you down for minutes at a time. 

I'll talk to Vince, to see what else we can do if we feel we should work on this, but no to changing the current health on doors.   i don't consider this an issue.  i would venture a guess that  we would just copy the current doors, rename them, and change their hitpoints.  Then map makers can decide to put them in or not. 

Also... Can it be fixed?
if you are referring to turning into a twizzler when you go to swing, that is a engine issue and cant be fixed. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

Norwegian13

« Reply #263 on: December 17, 2017, 06:09:47 pm »
Is there any ETA for release of this update?

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 17, 2017, 07:11:56 pm »
Is there any ETA for release of this update?
hopefully really soon.  we are trying to wind things down. 

Offline LX_GDuke AugustR

• Corporal
  • Grand Duke of Luxembourg, I mean Edge
    • View Profile
    • Luxembourgs Foward forums
  • Nick: [3rdHB][LX]GDuke_AugustR
  • Side: Union
« Reply #265 on: December 17, 2017, 07:47:00 pm »
*Gets on knees* PLEASE, PLEASE! Before Christmas!

Norwegian13

« Reply #266 on: December 17, 2017, 08:27:34 pm »

I doubt that's very likely. A release before the new year is more likely though.

Looking forward to it nevertheless!

Offline Coldstreamer

• First Lieutenant
  • Leader of 1er Suisse, Ski Instructor, Paintballer
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
  • Nick: J-Man11
« Reply #267 on: December 18, 2017, 04:05:07 am »
I know this is a crazy question probably going to ask this a lot, any release day? as in what month..

Offline LX_GDuke AugustR

• Corporal
  • Grand Duke of Luxembourg, I mean Edge
    • View Profile
    • Luxembourgs Foward forums
  • Nick: [3rdHB][LX]GDuke_AugustR
« Reply #268 on: December 18, 2017, 04:46:57 am »

I doubt that's very likely. A release before the new year is more likely though.

Looking forward to it nevertheless!

Either way it should bring some players in thankfully outside of Christmas.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 18, 2017, 08:37:58 am »
I'd rather have them make a really good patch than have them rush it because I'm inpatient.