Author Topic: Black Wake - Age of Sail Naval Game [On Kickstarter!!]  (Read 28822 times)

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Black Wake - Age of Sail Naval Game [New Pic 2nd Page]
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2013, 12:36:57 am »
Spoiler
Spoiler
Do you need somebody who can actually record a high quality video without their computer exploding? It seems all the videos either have trial version 30 second limit with watermark or your computer is just taking a shit with 10FPS xD

Here is an example of my recordings, I'd be glad to help if you need footage for previews or trailers.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6TdMGD6m2Q[/youtube]

Game is looking pretty cool, I was on the edge because you know, Unity.. but a lot of good games seem to be coming out using Unity lately, and the latest video looks pretty great. Would still like to see some actual gameplay though.
[close]

he sent his graphics card back on warranty so he is using a $60 ati card right now
He's still using free software.
[close]

pirating isnt an option and 30 second clips from the fraps demo is all he needs

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
  • Crunch, forever and always
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CRUNCH
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2013, 12:46:35 am »
Spoiler
Spoiler
Do you need somebody who can actually record a high quality video without their computer exploding? It seems all the videos either have trial version 30 second limit with watermark or your computer is just taking a shit with 10FPS xD

Here is an example of my recordings, I'd be glad to help if you need footage for previews or trailers.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6TdMGD6m2Q[/youtube]

Game is looking pretty cool, I was on the edge because you know, Unity.. but a lot of good games seem to be coming out using Unity lately, and the latest video looks pretty great. Would still like to see some actual gameplay though.
[close]

he sent his graphics card back on warranty so he is using a $60 ati card right now
He's still using free software.
[close]

pirating isnt an option and 30 second clips from the fraps demo is all he needs
Who said anything about pirating? Fraps gives a watermark and lower quality codex with trial version, it's 30 dollars for the full version, barely an investment.

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2013, 01:10:38 am »
It is low quality because the clips are combined in Movie Maker

either way anyone who wants to test is allowed to and they can also film and post what theyd like
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 01:16:09 am by Dom13WorstNW »

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2013, 01:27:14 am »

either way anyone who wants to test is allowed to and they can also film and post what theyd like
Uh, no. Movie Maker allows for very good compression levels, just like any basic video editor does. It's the Codex that the video encoder is using that makes it artificed.

Offline El_Presidente

• Colonel
  • David
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2013, 06:59:14 pm »

Uh, no. Movie Maker allows for very good compression levels, just like any basic video editor does. It's the Codex that the video encoder is using that makes it artificed.

plz EMP you talk to me proffesional computer man, i say that the dom kid is right.

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2013, 11:37:24 pm »

plz EMP you talk to me proffesional computer man, i say that the dom kid is right.
He is not however. That Crysis video was made using Movie Maker, and their is no compromise in quality. Likewise, I have been using AP and the end product's quality is exactly the same as the Movie Maker videos.

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2013, 11:54:47 pm »
I pmd you his skype if you want to give him some advice

Offline El_Presidente

• Colonel
  • David
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2013, 11:55:31 pm »

He is not however. That Crysis video was made using Movie Maker, and their is no compromise in quality. Likewise, I have been using AP and the end product's quality is exactly the same as the Movie Maker videos.

excusme i got B in final IT exam. I think i kno what i tall abpoiut. the sony vegas vids look cooler in 720p than movie maker so u wreng i rigte. sonty vegas does the betta vids than all other crap underpriced softwares on internet.

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2013, 01:07:31 am »

excusme i got B in final IT exam. I think i kno what i tall abpoiut. the sony vegas vids look cooler in 720p than movie maker so u wreng i rigte. sonty vegas does the betta vids than all other crap underpriced softwares on internet.
Daft.

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2013, 08:44:18 pm »
Big Thanks to Malakith and his crew for helping out. ;D
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVldMouAhyo[/youtube]

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2013, 02:24:13 am »
Make sure to check out the blackwake forum- http://forum.blackwake.com/index.php
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 02:26:39 am by Dom13WorstNW »

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2013, 02:06:48 am »
Well .. sry for the triple post :-[

NEW DEV BLOG  ;D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNSPIq4K0Ds[/youtube]

Offline Noodlenrice

• Major
  • King of Nam'
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st_Pte_Noodlenrice
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2013, 12:15:40 am »
bump for dom

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2013, 12:26:17 am »
DEV BLOG 3!!  ;D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=druVA6TEngg[/youtube]

Many things will be changed/added.

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2013, 12:43:22 am »
Interesting. Will be watching this one now.