Author Topic: FPS lag for no reason....  (Read 2484 times)

Offline AceNL

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
FPS lag for no reason....
« on: August 27, 2016, 06:42:32 pm »
I used to have an old laptop with a really pretty old AMD APU and it runs better then my game pc for no reason,
On native i get 60 Locked on ultra graphics, on Merc pretty much the same as native,
But when i start NW on every setting i try (Low, Medium, High, Ultra.) I get around 40-60 fps and sometimes even drops to like 10-15

PC Specs,
Athlon x4 760K OC'ed 4,3GHZ
12GB DDR3 Ram
AMD HD 7870 2GB Ghz edition OC
Windows 10.1

Please help me, i've already tried updating drivers and rollbacking drivers, And Direct x7 and 9 don't really make a diffrence for me.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
  • Side: Neutral
Re: FPS lag for no reason....
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 07:42:00 pm »
Does this happen in every server? Or are the problems limited to a small number of servers?

Also, do you have a lot of background programs running?
Are these problems on your PC or on that laptop of yours?
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline AceNL

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 07:43:51 pm »
Does this happen in every server? Or are the problems limited to a small number of servers?

Also, do you have a lot of background programs running?
Are these problems on your PC or on that laptop of yours?

It says PC specs and a athlon 760K and 7870 can't really fit inside a laptop ( :P )
So yeah, it's a on a PC
Background problems: No nothing really, I can play skyrim with 50+ mods on 60FPS locked on ultra, It only happens in servers with usually 50+ people (Espescially big sieges, commander battles etc.)

Offline AceNL

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 07:44:37 pm »
I don't own that laptop for around 3 years now :P

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2016, 11:19:10 pm »
Could you please answer my other questions? I need more info if you want me to help you
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline AceNL

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2016, 02:04:14 am »
Could you please answer my other questions? I need more info if you want me to help you
I don't know what your on about, i've answered what you questioned this lag is on my gaming rig and no im sure it has nothing to do with my background apps running.

Offline AceNL

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2016, 02:05:05 am »
And the lag usuay occurs when over 50-70+ people

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2016, 02:25:01 pm »
And the lag usuay occurs when over 50-70+ people

And this doesn't happen on native servers with more than 70 people on them?

Offline AceNL

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2016, 06:46:02 pm »
On mercs and native i can play a 100v100 with 90 fps...

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2016, 09:57:13 pm »
This is weird. Haven't much seen technical problems that didn't occur on Native, too. I will look into this a bit, sadly I am not tech savvy befitting tech support, but since I am about the only one who frequently visits this board, you'll have to do with me, unfortunately.

In the meantime, I suggest you do take a look at the taleworlds forums, and see if the tech support boards of both Native AND Napoleonic Wars have anything that may help you. I know I jut acknowledged this is a NW problem, there still may be some fixes or workarounds there that may help you, after all.

Offline Aurum

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2016, 04:07:58 pm »
I microstutter alot and even though thats a different issue this could help a bit

Go to your library and then find mount and blade and right click it and hit properties. After you did that go to set launch options at the bottom and type in -high.

Very basic thing but people forget about it sometimes and it sometimes helps with these problems.
nah windflower just tries to act cultured and edgy but hes actually just a 21yo lonely canadian who wastes all his time serving donuts to fat american tourists and trying to date underaged video game girls

Offline AceNL

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2016, 02:24:37 am »
I've already fixed it i had the newest driver installed but the newest one worsens your performance in mount and blade i went from 30-50 fps on low to 60-140 ON ULTRA weird eh xD thanks for trying to help me though appreciate it.