Author Topic: North American Hardcore Line Battle [Fridays & Tuesdays][Full]  (Read 9722 times)

Offline Thundersnow

• Captain
  • Overlord of the 00th Regiment, Time and Space.
    • View Profile
    • www.PlanetThundersnow.com
  • Side: Neutral
I added a new rule:

"-Team Killing will not be tolerated at any time during the event, for any reason. Even accidental TKs may be punished per admin discretion."

Hrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........

Let me know how that goes.  I might have to consider if for my own Friday Event.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 03:37:10 am by Thundersnow »

Offline yaxim3

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: _1stRddt_CSM_Yaxim3
I added a new rule:

"-Team Killing will not be tolerated at any time during the event, for any reason. Even accidental TKs may be punished per admin discretion."

What about tking fireboy?

Offline Savolainen5

• First Lieutenant
  • Official Server Admin and Language Nerd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: _1stRddt_E77_Savs
I added a new rule:

What about tking fireboy?

Yeah, a sacrifice for the map gods is surely justified!
Wanna know what a wug is? Read here!

Juice_Kelly: no one wants to be savs, he's the biggest firegiant on the server.

Offline Maniacal

• Volunteer
  • THIRTY-THIRD!!!
    • View Profile
I've been expecting this for months.

Offline 5arge

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Sacrifices to the map gods will have to be pre-approved by the administration.
it seems that the person on the wrong end of 5arge always seems to get the punishment.

Offline TheZachster

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: IXe[33e]Zach
and suddenly 5arge's events have 50 less people

Offline Savolainen5

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile

What format should I use for such an approval? I hope this will work.

Formal request for pre-approval for a sacrifice to the map gods.
- _1stRddt_Marski_Savs, from the 1st Reddit Brigade

Dear sir,

I would like to request that the line battle administration allow that Fireboy (tag 1stRddt_R60_Commando_Fireboy) be sacrificed to the map gods as much as is necessary to procure at least two (2) good line battle maps. "Good" in this case is defined as "having no cliffs or areas of exposed stone, not too many large hills with steep grades, no hill for one team to camp on when the other can have none, and nothing that is too flat to make cover from cannons impossible." The proposed method of sacrifice is by bayonet or bullet, but not by sword or any other means, as these methods do not please the map gods. The proposed time to sacrifice the subject would be sometime within one minute of Fireboy spawning into a map which is not pleasing to the admins, so as to allow sufficient time for the sacrifice to take place and for the map gods to take note. Fireboy will not be sacrificed at any other point or for any other reason on pain of banishment from the line battle. His sacrifice will be for the good of all, because it will ensure that the two (2) good maps his sacrifice buys will make for an even and fair line battle, which will proceed quickly and be fun for everyone.

If you have any questions, or wish to make any clarifications, you may contact me by PM or by Steam messaging me at 'Savs (Reddit)'.

Thank you for your consideration,

Savolainen5,
Reddit Brigade Commissar, Official Server Administrator, and Line Battle Administrator

« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 11:16:17 am by Savolainen5 »

Offline Gunny

• Donator
  • Nothing to fear but fear its self... and spiders
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stEPI Major Guny
How dare you address him as Sirrah. :P

Sirrah is supposed to be used to address inferiors in a contemptuous tone, not as a replacement for Sir.

/pendantry

Offline Savolainen5

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
How dare you address him as Sirrah. :P

Sirrah is supposed to be used to address inferiors in a contemptuous tone, not as a replacement for Sir.

/pendantry

Oh god. Fixed. I had no idea.

Offline 5arge

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
and suddenly 5arge's events have 50 less people
It only took me 2 years.
it seems that the person on the wrong end of 5arge always seems to get the punishment.

Offline fireboy

• Colonel
  • 84th/45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fireboy
  • Side: Union
I added a new rule:

Spoiler
[close]

What format should I use for such an approval? I hope this will work.

Formal request for pre-approval for a sacrifice to the map gods.
- _1stRddt_Marski_Savs, from the 1st Reddit Brigade

Dear sir,

I would like to request that the line battle administration allow that Fireboy (tag 1stRddt_R60_Commando_Fireboy) be sacrificed to the map gods as much as is necessary to procure at least two (2) good line battle maps. "Good" in this case is defined as "having no cliffs or areas of exposed stone, not too many large hills with steep grades, no hill for one team to camp on when the other can have none, and nothing that is too flat to make cover from cannons impossible." The proposed method of sacrifice is by bayonet or bullet, but not by sword or any other means, as these methods do not please the map gods. The proposed time to sacrifice the subject would be sometime within one minute of Fireboy spawning into a map which is not pleasing to the admins, so as to allow sufficient time for the sacrifice to take place and for the map gods to take note. Fireboy will not be sacrificed at any other point or for any other reason on pain of banishment from the line battle. His sacrifice will be for the good of all, because it will ensure that the two (2) good maps his sacrifice buys will make for an even and fair line battle, which will proceed quickly and be fun for everyone.

If you have any questions, or wish to make any clarifications, you may contact me by PM or by Steam messaging me at 'Savs (Reddit)'.

Thank you for your consideration,

Savolainen5,
Reddit Brigade Commissar, Official Server Administrator, and Line Battle Administrator

I approve  8)
[AEF/55th]Anthony 7:12 PM:
you have such a basic style/skillset
but you have the highest ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ GFing IQ i know

Offline 5arge

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
I approve  8)
Sacrifices to gods of any kind are supposed to be "willing" sacrifices in order to please the gods. If Fireboy's regimental commander (Lordbale I think?) announces in chat something like "Fireboy will be sacrificed to please the map gods" and then I see him get TKed, that is something that can be overlooked in recognition of a long standing tradition. But, if for instance, AllHail says, "StraightCash will now be sacrificed to the map gods" and then the entire 95th start murdering each other at will, there will be harsh consequences.

Let me reiterate: if a regimental officer announces it in chat, and then ONE of his members is slain to please the map gods, we will not consider that TKing.

Offline Savolainen5

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Let me reiterate: if a regimental officer announces it in chat, and then ONE of his members is slain to please the map gods, we will not consider that TKing.

Map gods be praised!

Offline Devmc99

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MoskovGren_Reserve
  • Side: Union
Re: North American Hardcore Line Battle [Fridays & Tuesdays][Full]
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2013, 12:21:32 am »
Well can we know now if we can come or not its been like 2 weeks. So if not we can sign up for another lb.

Offline 5arge

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Well can we know now if we can come or not its been like 2 weeks. So if not we can sign up for another lb.
I responded to you already...

Regiment name: 75th Abercromby's Highlanders
Regiment leader: Devmc99
Tuesday, Friday, or Both: Tuesday
Average attendance: 10-25
Regiment thread: https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=6014.0
Tuesdays are full at the moment. I will keep you in mind when space is available.