Author Topic: Developer Blog 28 - Napoleonic Wars Patch 1.2  (Read 50533 times)

Offline Younes9969

• Private
    • View Profile
Re: Developer Blog 28 - Napoleonic Wars Patch 1.2
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2018, 10:44:09 pm »
- Why would you put a 2 second delay for sappers? u are killing the fun of spamming planks and making towers for people, could there be an option to put it to like 1 ms?
- The collisions from the Large cheveaux de frise made it so u can't even make a tower because when u place them they are placed infront of u.

The rest of the stuff are great, apart from the medic wich i think seems overpowered for now.

PS: please fix the sappers u are taking a big fun out of the game with this update when it comes to sappers
you can edit it out if you dont like it in the scripts. 

The collisions from the cheveaux de frise can't be changed using scripts.. you would need to run another module just to change that collision barrier.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2018, 10:58:46 pm »
Why was the damage of pistols nerfed? they where always garbage in the first place.

+1

Pistols are fun feature in the game, but went largely out of use because they just aren't very effective. What's the point of nerfing a weapon that most players deem too weak to even use it when it's available? Its damage/accuracy should be increased, if anything.
i found pistols to be the opposite in the old patch.  anything within 20 meters could be one shot fairly consistently if you hit.  Cav or their horses were one shot more often than not.  Add on to that being able to move and reload, and it was a little ridiculous.  You could just kite and get another shot or 2 off while being able to 1 shot them.(i am not talking about headshots which should 1 hit kill)  and don't forget the other weapons that make an officer pretty strong. 

anyways, feel free to change the damage/accuracy in the items file to where you think it should be. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Malkolm R. Lind

• Major
  • Why do drugs when you can listen to music?
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Illya
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2018, 11:16:22 pm »
I seem to get quite massive ping spikes in the NW module. All the other modules seem to be fine.

Tournesol

« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2018, 11:19:06 pm »
Melee should feel smoother yes.

About the arty pick up issue.. please test more in more ways and we will look into it if you can reliablity recreate it.

Actually for me it is the opposite, the melee feels heavy and it's really anoying. Can this feeling about the melee comes from the fact that the FPS of the servers are set to 120 FPS while i'm used to play 160 FPS ? that's what bobertini told me for the groupfighting server.

Offline The Inventor

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Brock
  • Side: Union
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2018, 11:47:48 pm »
Why was the damage of pistols nerfed? they where always garbage in the first place.

+1

Pistols are fun feature in the game, but went largely out of use because they just aren't very effective. What's the point of nerfing a weapon that most players deem too weak to even use it when it's available? Its damage/accuracy should be increased, if anything.
i found pistols to be the opposite in the old patch.  anything within 20 meters could be one shot fairly consistently if you hit.  Cav or their horses were one shot more often than not.  Add on to that being able to move and reload, and it was a little ridiculous.  You could just kite and get another shot or 2 off while being able to 1 shot them.(i am not talking about headshots which should 1 hit kill)  and don't forget the other weapons that make an officer pretty strong. 

anyways, feel free to change the damage/accuracy in the items file to where you think it should be.

Im sorry but I must disagree with that. Me and 90% of people would disagree with that statement. 'nuff said, its too inaccurate. I cannot hit a large target one foot away sometimes.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 11:49:59 pm by The Inventor »

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2018, 12:15:04 am »

+1

Im sorry but I must disagree with that. Me and 90% of people would disagree with that statement. 'nuff said, its too inaccurate. I cannot hit a large target one foot away sometimes.
That is fine.  It's subjective.  Which is why it is nice each server can balance the game the way they want. 

90%? no.  You don't know what 90% of the millions of people that played this game think. 

that can and does happen with any weapon.  I had my crosshair with nothing but enemy in it and still managed to miss numerous  times over the years.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Sleek

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2018, 12:21:37 am »
whatever u did to melee ended up with shitty glances fix it or im calling the better business bureau
Quote from: Theodin
Sleek somehow only attacks when he’s successfully pulled a dude away and his team is coming to help - as in, the most reasonable time to continue blocking

Sleek plays like he's underwater - slow

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2018, 12:29:56 am »
Nice! Great job FSE.
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline tired

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [BBG] tired
« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2018, 01:43:51 am »
Is there a list of just the new props and how they work? How does the teleporting doors work. I placed some, can't figure out how they teleport.

Offline Mohawky

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2018, 02:00:22 am »
Medic healing - can it work if friendly fire and friendly melee are off?  Both are off on our server for many reasons: bot commanders cant destroy defences through bot crowds, trolls kill player horses on same team, troll kicks ruin arty and reloaders and too easy to knock people off defences or heights.  Medics are cool - but must it depend on hitting the target to be healed?

Also sand bags - The new sandbags are much, much better though - thanks - but the prop doesn't seem to lie on the floor properly before being built , very difficult to judge where its going to build? And, on all my maps its now slightly angled (not horizontal) and floats above ground - I just corrected 7 maps and had to adjust 150+ of them. I have another 33 maps to go!  WTF?

There is a bug in using custom polls that repeats the last admin action made, in the chat again.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 03:22:12 am by Mohawky »

Offline Tywin

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4th_RG_2Lt_Tywin
« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2018, 05:53:38 am »
first of all:

bring back my dismounted swings on horseback. 0 reason to take them out. they just added another element to cavalry fighting.

2. dont nerf pistol.

or warband will be RUIEND

Offline Tywin

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4th_RG_2Lt_Tywin
« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2018, 06:38:27 am »
so i just found out that you can be KNOCKED OFF your horse. this is  >:( ABSURD  >:(

i have no idea why such a change would happen in the first place. no need to ruin what has stayed the same since i bought the game in TWO-THOUSAND and TWELVE. pointless nerf that just makes cavalry less fun and ruins cavalry groupfighting. completely uncalled for.

Offline Dipington

• Second Lieutenant
  • The Eternal Francophone
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2ndUSSS Cpt
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2018, 06:52:29 am »
If it's a random chance of getting knocked off your horse then it ruins cavalry, but if there's a way to avoid it, we can see about preventing it. Main question from me is, how do you get knocked off your horse?

Offline SillyWilly

• Sergeant Major
  • 1v1 me na cav gf n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2018, 06:59:11 am »
I heard it was 15% chance to get knocked off if your person takes 20 points of damage or more. I do not understand why this was changed or added back in. I think it gives too much variability to cav. Say for example it was me as a hussar vs another good hussar and we wanted to fight and see who is better. This does a lot when it comes to skill vs skill. Especially if it's not just a friendly match, but a serious competition like much of EU has. That 15% of randomness can make or break it for teams or players in tournaments or leagues. I think it takes away more fun than it adds.

Offline ScreechingSeagull

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2018, 07:01:11 am »
Initial thoughts regarding the sapper changes:

The new unconstructed props for the large chevaux and sandbags provide no context with regards to their width. This makes it harder to layout a fort (useful when working w/ other sappers) and increases the difficulty for newer players. Note that the new unconstructed fence prop DOES provide an indicator of its width.
Spoiler
[close]
When building a second layer of sandbags, the small visual prop of the sandbag does not indicate to me whether I am "overshooting" the distance or not. Under enemy fire and pressure, this frustration will be exasperated.
Spoiler
[close]
I request that the unconstructed props for large chevaux and sandbags be updated to indicate the width of the constructed prop.

The hitbox to construct the fence, large chevaux and sandbag are now significantly reduced to the centre area. When under enemy fire, I will dance around while building to avoid fire. Limiting the hitbox area makes my behavior while building more predictable -> harder to sap and build defences for my team.
I request that the hitbox area for building to be restored to its pre-patch state.

The 2 second delay between placing props is obviously to prevent spamming. However, the implementation is not ideal. It returns the message "You cannot place this prop here". This message while factually correct, does not indicate to me whether I really can't place the prop here, or if it is just the time restriction.
Spoiler
[close]
Planks have been nerfed in 3 ways in terms of: a doubling in cost (1bp -> 2bp), at least a halving in strength (2 sapper axe hits -> 1 sapper axe hits), and the time restriction. This is overkill, the first 2 nerfs are sufficient.

I would go as far to say that the modification to sapper props and planks in particular fixes the problem of sapper spam, and that the 2 second delay is too much of a handicap. I work my butt off to shave off every half-second I can when building to be as BP efficient, fast, and effective as possible. I see this 2 second delay hurting sappers more than spammers themselves.
I request that the 2 second delay be removed.

I see this patch as change for the good, but the sum of these frustrations and confusion raises the skill level required. I can cope and adjust my playstyle, but this significantly impacts new sappers trying to learn the craft of not dying and supporting the team as best as they can.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 07:26:16 am by ScreechingSeagull »
Max characters: 1000; characters remaining: 889
Images in your signature must be no greater than 600x200 pixels